24/May - FRF50 (Froyo) pre-rooted update zip + no radio option + online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ecvbj
Thank-you Paul! I'm very grateful, you are a genius!

I do still have a problem with Exchange support. froyo is suppose to have full support for Exchange, but I continue to get an error when trying to connect.

would you have any suggestions and/or advice?

thanks.

I'm having the same connecting issues with Exchange as well. Was wondering if anyone has found any solutions to this.

Guest Pinko_Commie

I noticed one thing with this ROM. When using my car dock in landscape mode, it actually rotates the home screens into landscape as well, I'm wondering what this will do to full page widgets, and is this why the stock widgets are all only two "rows" high at most (so they can fit onto a landscaped home screen)? Does anyone know of any widgets I can install to test this out?

The only things I now actually miss from the Sense/Rosie rom are the Calander widget and the Audio widget, and the unlock screen (and they are all pretty much asthetic choices.)

Edited by Pinko_Commie

Guest Jaems

Like several other people on this thread, I'm unable to load the update.zip;

I get the error message when in the 'Android system recovery <2e>' menu.

"Signature verification failed"

Current status:

firmware version:

2.1-update1

baseband version:

32.24.00.22U_4.03.00.21_2

Kernal version

2.6.29-011117-g4bc62c2

build number EPE54B

Steps taken:

Downloaded FRF50 (Froyo) - including radio update

renamed to 'update.zip'

transferred onto the / root of the SD

checked the MD5 checksum

loaded into android system recovery <2e>

Any suggestions for something I could be missing are much appreciated.

Thanks

Guest CellJr
Like several other people on this thread, I'm unable to load the update.zip;

I get the error message when in the 'Android system recovery <2e>' menu.

"Signature verification failed"

Current status:

firmware version:

2.1-update1

baseband version:

32.24.00.22U_4.03.00.21_2

Kernal version

2.6.29-011117-g4bc62c2

build number EPE54B

Steps taken:

Downloaded FRF50 (Froyo) - including radio update

renamed to 'update.zip'

transferred onto the / root of the SD

checked the MD5 checksum

loaded into android system recovery <2e>

Any suggestions for something I could be missing are much appreciated.

Thanks

Do you have your bootloader unlocked and phone rooted?

For me, I did not have to upload it into the /root folder. I just put it into the SD card, outside of all other folders, then i ran into recovery mode and loaded the .zip.

I was coming from ERE27.

Edited by CellJr

Guest Killer X

Thks Paul for all your hardwork!!!

I did the update successfully but i have 2 major issues:

- The Market is EXTREMELY slow and many of my applications (which were installed before the flashing) are missing

- the wifi hotspot function is not working...

Do anyone have the same issues?

Thks

Franck

Guest dbworks

Great Job!

I am glad I joined this Forum. I am a newbie to technical aspects of flashing and performing updates. I have downloaded the Radio version. How to I really perform this update? Any tips will be appreciated!

Thanks

Dbworks

Guest overground@xda
Thks Paul for all your hardwork!!!

I did the update successfully but i have 2 major issues:

- The Market is EXTREMELY slow and many of my applications (which were installed before the flashing) are missing

- the wifi hotspot function is not working...

Do anyone have the same issues?

Thks

Franck

Haven't tried the hotspot, but yes, the market is so slow...I'd compare it to a checkout line @ Walmart holding a clearance of $1 tubes of creamy yeast infection ointment. :rolleyes:

Edited by overground@xda

Guest Danvad

Thanks ... Works perfect in Denmark! :rolleyes:

Is it possible to get a danish dictionary on the english Android keyboard? - or better - Danish Locale ....

Danvad

Edited by Danvad

Guest Mi|enko
I'm having the same connecting issues with Exchange as well. Was wondering if anyone has found any solutions to this.

I had this problem as I normally setup exchange from the contacts app. I canceled out and when to the email app where it allowed manual setup. Has been working flawlessly.

Guest katiepea
Some details would be nice, regarding what rom you're coming from.

sorry, yes i wiped, coming from CM 5.0.6, i tried wiping, not wiping, wiping some stuff, everytime i flash it it's the same thing, no access to settings, and it's pretty unusable...i'm pretty new at this, but i grasp how this all works, i have apps2sd going i dunno if my sd card partitions could affect whats going on in the 2.2 flash or not, what i'd like is to be able to flash and not lose my apps, but thats not a HUGE issue, i just wanted to play with 2.2, but as of now, most of the new features are in the settings, and i can't even view that icon.

Guest Peter sf
however, when you try to turn the flash on during video mode, the phone re-boots.

Same trouble here, BUT the phone reboots IMMEDIATELY whenever I switch the camera to video mode. Anyone else?

Guest donchele

Hi, just yesterday i moved from Cyanogen´s mod to modaco's froyo... but, i see that my gps is not as accurate and fast as it was when using android 2.1...

Is there a way to manually calibrate it? if not... what can i do?

Heres and image (red spot where gps position is marked, blue spot, where i really are):

gpsu.jpg

i Have an AT&T N1 with 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7 baseband... is this my problem?

Was this radio/rom made for Tmobile Nexus?

do i have to put back my original radio/rom?

Guest Batkoto
Hi, just yesterday i moved from Cyanogen´s mod to modaco's froyo... but, i see that my gps is not as accurate and fast as it was when using android 2.1...

Heres and image (red spot where gps position is marked, blue spot, where i really are):

gpsu.jpg

i Have an AT&T N1 with 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7 baseband... is this my problem?

Have you actually enabled the GPS, I cant see the GPS icon in your notification bar.

Seems you are getting positioned from network, not from GPS

Go to: MENU>>Settings>Locations & security and make sure you have a tick on "Use GPS satellites"

Guest donchele
Have you actually enabled the GPS, I cant see the GPS icon in your notification bar.

Seems you are getting positioned from network, not from GPS

Go to: MENU>>Settings>Locations & security and make sure you have a tick on "Use GPS satellites"

Yup, i made this image just for an example for you guys... :rolleyes:

should i go back or wait for my radio/rom to be realesed?

Is this this problem or what?

Guest mred612

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! So every time i would go into Recovery, I get the android guy with ! on the screen, i would push up a couple times and seemed to get me into recovery mode. So, I tried to flash from SD card and it gave me error. So i did a wipe, i had the Desire Rom that Paul made, now when i try to reboot the phone, it stays on the first screen with nexus X and the unlock pic at the bottom. What do I do??????? I saved the zip file that i baked with froyo on it.

Guest Season_Bay

My only problem with the rom is...I cannot use QuickOffice whatsoever...weird

in ASTRO i extracted the apk from rom and see that it shows INSTALLED...but i have no way to open any xls files

help-_-

Guest Batkoto
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! So every time i would go into Recovery, I get the android guy with ! on the screen, i would push up a couple times and seemed to get me into recovery mode. So, I tried to flash from SD card and it gave me error. So i did a wipe, i had the Desire Rom that Paul made, now when i try to reboot the phone, it stays on the first screen with nexus X and the unlock pic at the bottom. What do I do??????? I saved the zip file that i baked with froyo on it.

In order to install custom ROM, you need first to install custom recovery.

The Android guy with ! in triangle is stock recovery and you wont be able to flash custom ROM from there.

The fact you did WIPE will not let you pass the boot screen, as you just wiped everything.

Install custom recovery, download custom ROM and using the custom recovery flash the ROM and you will be all good.

Custom recovery can be found here + how to flash

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=611829

Good Luck!

Guest Batkoto
My only problem with the rom is...I cannot use QuickOffice whatsoever...weird

in ASTRO i extracted the apk from rom and see that it shows INSTALLED...but i have no way to open any xls files

help-_-

I had same issue, try extracting the apk file of the ZIP and install it on top of your preinstalled one

Guest donchele

gpsu.jpg

What do you guys recommend me?

should i keep this for a couple of days untill my rom/radio are finally released?

or should i apply y eclair backup, flash my old radio and flash again froyo W/O radio?

Guest Paul

I added a '2.1 build.prop + Adobe Flash 2.1 Beta' option to the kitchen, in case you want all the apps that the 2.1 build prop brings, but still want flash. :rolleyes:

P

Guest bobate3

Hi everyone

i flashed my nexus one with froyo FRF50

i'd like to know if you have the same problem as me, youtube is slowly, videos are dowloading very slowly and are intersected, even if the wifi is activ

what did you think about that?

thanks for your comments.

:rolleyes: