24/May - FRF50 (Froyo) pre-rooted update zip + no radio option + online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest JonnyRockets
Did you check the md5sum of the zip you downloaded?

Wipe data, cache and ext and then try flashing again.

Wiped and re-flashed 6 times now.

Used both the first link and the mirror for downloads.

What could possibly be the problem preventing it from booting?

Guest RTX101

Help!

Flashed with NO WIPE from MCR r15. Everthing went fine untill reboot. Now the X logo just looping and looping for about 10 mins now. :rolleyes: Should I take out the battery?

EDIT: I pulled out the battery and did a WIPE, then reflashed. Now Im with Froyo, YEAH!!!!!!!!!

Edited by RTX101

Guest Just_Testing

Thank you Paul, working great.. Can't wait to see this in the kitchen..

Question for anyone, " Flash is only working for videos" about a website with flash ? shouldn't this option be enable ?, No flash here while surfing a site with flash..

Thank you in advanced.

Update...Figure out...

Installation

1. Launch the Android Marketplace.

2. Search for Flash Player 10.1.

3. Click on the icon to open the Details Page.

4. Click the install button.

Done

Edited by Just_Testing

Guest IntoTheVoid
I'm new to Android, sorry. Do we just flash this like any other rom then? Thanks.

if you have your phone rooted already than it should be no problem. otherwise please first root your phone by following the rooting instructions.

Guest brosenz
Thank you Paul, working great.. Can't wait to see this in the kitchen..

Question for anyone, " Flash is only working for videos" about a website with flash ? shouldn't this option be enable ?, No flash here while surfing a site with flash..

Thank you in advanced.

Do you have examples of web sites with FLASH ?, thanks

Guest MITSU_MaN

Im having the same problem as JonnyRockets.. Every time I try to flash the rom I get the android falling out of the box. I think this might have something to do with the radio thats included with the rom? I've never been able to successfully flash new radios on to my phone, has anyone else had this problem?

Guest JonnyRockets
Im having the same problem as JonnyRockets.. Every time I try to flash the rom I get the android falling out of the box. I think this might have something to do with the radio thats included with the rom? I've never been able to successfully flash new radios on to my phone, has anyone else had this problem?

Fixed it!

Once it reboots to recovery AFTER the Android falling out of the box, don't wipe/reflash, just hit reboot AGAIN and it should finally boot into 2.2!!!

Guest Deathwish238

Wiped and reflashed. Market is still acting weird and I can't download Titanium Backup.

Wiping and reflashing again. I'm going to install the apk manually without signing in and then restore my phone.

Guest Just_Testing

Done

Guest brosenz

Done

Thanks, I already installed Flash, I am looking for some test web sites to see how flash works,

Guest larry996
Wiped and reflashed. Market is still acting weird and I can't download Titanium Backup.

Wiping and reflashing again. I'm going to install the apk manually without signing in and then restore my phone.

Deathwish.

Hi are you using an ATT N1? If so did you flash the radio?

Can you give install instructions for ATT users?

Thanks!

Guest rasfos
you can resign the zip file. Search autoresign.zip android and you'll find a tutorial. Basically just DL, and unzip to your sdk folder. If you don't have sdk, then you won't be able to do it. Likely though, you're doing something else wrong. I was getting verification error, then I signed, then I got status 7 error after that though I passed verification. I just waited for Paul and kept my custom recovery and it installed perfectly fine.

resigning the .zip didn't work. I am still gettiing the same error message. If anyone else has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Guest P00rSpy
resigning the .zip didn't work. I am still getting the same error message. If anyone else has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I Tried Froyo,

I have AT&T so I edited from the MTA-INF Dir CERT.SF, MANIFEST.MF, update-script to remove reference to the radio part of the update, removed the radio.img also offcourse.

Without being able to use flash memory from SD It would take too much time even if it was enabled it will be a pain to move my +250 app by hand!

It sucks that developer did not enable the SD move feature, it will make moving to froyo a pain if they do not move their arse...

Not sure what is involved for doing so tho so maybe I should be putting my foot in my mouth :rolleyes:

I tested flashing as is without removing the radio and everything is fine with my FIDO (AT&T) Frequency

Edited by P00rSpy

Guest Omeer

Thanks Paul...I was getting very very anxious for some Froyo...I made me a smoothie for some extra fun while this installs :rolleyes:

Guest MITSU_MaN
Fixed it!

Once it reboots to recovery AFTER the Android falling out of the box, don't wipe/reflash, just hit reboot AGAIN and it should finally boot into 2.2!!!

This worked!! Thanks a lot dude! :rolleyes:

Guest tasty
Fixed it!

Bingo, I just about spazzed when I saw the robot fall out, but thats the radio unpacking and flashing. Forgot from the last time I did it. Then it came back to recovery and the trick was to play with the trackball to see where I was. Reboot and run.

hulu (if you use dolphin browser, won't work on stock browser).

So to answer my earlier question (cross-posted from XDA cause I can and I'm lazy like that):

I went from the radio 4.04 to 4.06 (new) and tested with an approximate 8-10db in reception gain. (I got 6db going from 4.03 to 4.04). ymmv

Wish it would do something for signal quality (doubt it, welcome to urban core with giant buildings...), but I'll take whatever strength gains I get.

All tests were conducted in CM 5.0.6 (after reflashing my nandroid back to CM) with some remote attempt at scientific method (same posture, rotation and angle, hand placement, approximate time and atmospheric conditions). I did a froyo flash to see what was new and how snappy it was.

Good: Dolphin pinch/zoom worked for me. Got hulu to load with dolphin (stock browser wouldn't since it discovered my phone wasn't a desktop).

Bad (and it may have been since I was rushing): no google bookmark sync with the cloud? The entire reason I don't use the stock browser and they can't get two of their own services to talk to each other? Did anyone figure this out or is it still a no-go?

Guest mladents

succesfully flash over modaco r13... Handcent FC after send message and i don't have google maps!?!?!

I downloaded maps and try to install via adb but i get

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb install -r com.google

912 KB/s (3992753 bytes in 4.273s)

pkg: /data/local/tmp/com.google.android.apps.maps.4.2.0.0.apk

Failure [iNSTALL_FAILED_SHARED_USER_INCOMPATIBLE]

Any suggestions?

Guest Squeaky369

Yeah; I am also having issues with Handcent FC on me... I am also having issues with apps that auto start, example: SetCPU, Process Manager, and my Weather Flip clocks thing.

Anyone else have any issues?

Other then that, works great.

Guest blunden

Anyone who flashed without wipe who have problems with Location? Everything else seems to be working but the location feature seems to fail. There is no obvious error in logcat from what I've seen though (other than it telling me that it was unable to get it).