[Boot Animations] **Updated 05/09/2010**

Guest potter97

Guest craigcrawford1988
No LOL, Unlike you i dont just tell people their work is crap even if it is... Thats LOW as you said.

I can take criticism as long as its constructive, but yours was in no way constructive just demeining!

"No offense" is what I said. What you said could be considered racist, would you insult a muslim? So why insult a scouser?

Edited by craigcrawford1988

Guest potter97
"No offense" is what I said. What you said could be considered racist, would you insult a muslim? So why insult a scouser?

And again, as i have told you in a PM, i am part scouser, so yes i am taking the mick out of myself, i think you are taking it to heart m8.

Guest craigcrawford1988
And again, as i have told you in a PM, i am part scouser, so yes i am taking the mick out of myself, i think you are taking it to heart m8.

Whatever.

Guest afiorillo
[...]

One more bootanimation someone else wanted over at XDA......

animatedow.gif

Download below.........

That was way better looking than the previous one. :rolleyes:

Guest potter97

Another new one, was a request on XDA forums..

androidpiss.gif

Android pissing on apple @ 20fps called : bootanimation.zip

20FPS

Android Pissing on apple @ 15fps called : bootanimation.zip

15FPS

And enjoy :(

Edited by potter97

Guest craigcrawford1988
no beacuse when i try to change a boot animation it's just geting black :(

I don't think your parents would be too happy with that on your phone.

Guest potter97
no beacuse when i try to change a boot animation it's just geting black :(

no.....

Mate im not being funny, but if you actually search and read a bit you would find out its pretty easy, It's defiently WELL documented and very easy to do.

Edited by potter97

Guest potter97

Way too much time on my hands :(

Another bootanimation for you all....

finishedsmall.gif

*Image quality reduced for upload

15FPS....1.63MB

Download 15 fps fixed

EDIT: An edited version can be found at the end of this post!

EDIT2: Another refined version for you :(, Again at the end of this post.

As ever install either as..

1), Put your desire into recovery...

From r5 root methord - thanks to paul @ Modaco

Entering recovery in future

Included with the root script is a script for entering recovery in the future. To use...

* Turn on the device with the volume button held down

* Navigate to the 'RECOVERY' option on the menu, using the volume buttons to move and the power button to select.

* In your terminal window, enter either 'recovery-windows.bat', './recovery-mac.sh' or './recovery-linux.sh' as appropriate.

* It is recommended that you do NOT use the 'USB mount' functionality in the recovery image!

Obviously were are using ./recovery-linux.sh in this guide
2), Then issue command
# sudo ./adb-linux push bootanimation.zip /data/local

Making sure bootanimations.zip is in the root of the adb folder on your pc.

3), Now highlight the reboot phone option and select it, Reboot and enjoy!!

OR

Failing that you can ..

1. Download "Root Explorer" from the android market.

2. Copy the bootanimation.zip to the root of your sdcard,

3. Using root explorer copy the bootanimation.zip to /data/local reboot and enjoy!

EDIT: Added extra frame to stop the "s" Hanging in the htc desire anime.

Download below, enjoy!

EDIT2: Have redone this anime to keep the HTC DESIRE on screen for a few more frames, Looks much nicer like that :o Second download at the end of this post

bootanimation.zip

bootanimation.zip

Edited by potter97

Guest Muskie

Umm.. you keep saying these boot animations are in a testing phase. testing meaning seeing if they work, seeing if there are any problems, etc.. Yet when someone tries to point out something that's wrong or has a suggestion for improvement (for example, the fact that Marijuana is spelt wrong on the weed bootanim, or wanting the first one you posted to hang longer on the "quietly brilliant"), you reply with "Go Fix it Yourself!"

Some people don't have the artistic skills necessary to change the boot anims, even if the technical side of things is as easy as you say it is.

We appreciate the work you are doing creating custom bootanims for the desire, however, Please be more accepting of suggestions and constructive criticism in the future.

Edited by Muskie

Guest potter97
Umm.. you keep saying these boot animations are in a testing phase. testing meaning seeing if they work, seeing if there are any problems, etc.. Yet when someone tries to point out something that's wrong or has a suggestion for improvement (for example, the fact that Marijuana is spelt wrong on the weed bootanim, or wanting the first one you posted to hang longer on the "quietly brilliant"), you reply with "Go Fix it Yourself!"

Some people don't have the artistic skills necessary to change the boot anims, even if the technical side of things is as easy as you say it is.

We appreciate the work you are doing creating custom bootanims for the desire, however, Please be more accepting of suggestions and constructive criticism in the future.

Thanks for the info but...... I only learnt how to do it last week.. so I'm pretty sure if I can do it anyone can. The last animation is some of my work the rest were just jumbled together...

Like I said its easy their are plenty of guides, so y not "go fix it yourself".....

I don't think their is any skill involved in lining up a few pics for a sequence ...

And yes I realise I need to edit the last anime, so the "s" in desire dose not hang on the screen.

Would love some ideas of what you guys would like as a bootanimation, but remember it should be nice and simple to keep the file sizes down..:)

Edited by potter97

Guest potter97
Very cool potter97. I'm really liking that one.

Thanks m8, and kudos for the support of the other members on your thread. Nice work bud .... :)

Guest Muskie

What I meant was that, while the technical side of things may be easy (as you said, sticking a bunch of images into a zip file with text document), the artistic side of things (such as the misspelling of "marijuana" on the weed boot anim) require more than a layman's amount of skill in image editing programs such as Photoshop or ImageReady to complete. I was never criticising your technical skills, as they seem to be more than enough, but I am simply asking that you do not assume people have the same artistic skills necessary to create their own boot animation images, or to modify existing ones as you do.

People are stupid, potter, you gotta do everything for them! XD

Anyway, since you're asking for suggestions into vrious bootanims for people, how about a looping animation of the android mascot being built piece by piece? like, you have the limbs appear one by one, then the torso, head, and antennae, followed by the android brand logo? That would be nice.

Edited by Muskie

Guest potter97
What I meant was that, while the technical side of things may be easy (as you said, sticking a bunch of images into a zip file with text document), the artistic side of things (such as the misspelling of "marijuana" on the weed boot anim) require more than a layman's amount of skill in image editing programs such as Photoshop or ImageReady to complete. I was never criticising your technical skills, as they seem to be more than enough, but I am simply asking that you do not assume people have the same artistic skills necessary to create their own boot animation images, or to modify existing ones as you do.

People are stupid, potter, you gotta do everything for them! XD

Anyway, since you're asking for suggestions into vrious bootanims for people, how about a looping animation of the android mascot being built piece by piece? like, you have the limbs appear one by one, then the torso, head, and antennae, followed by the android brand logo? That would be nice.

I don't have photo shop nore can I afford it. I said those anime were not my work. Someone else made them. I did make the last one. But what I'm getting at is I have no artistic bone in my body. I do not get on with art. I just sat down and made something out of the blue... so that's why I'm saying anyone can do it. Imagine what an actual graphics artist could do with these..

And people should not be relying on other people. That's how I made the first one, by not relying on anyone but me....

The funny thing is all the ones I produced, were made on my dell mini 10v netbook. So not even any real graphics processing.

Edited by potter97