Video Formats and Players

Guest Ex-inferis

Guest Ex-inferis

Hi all,

I've been playing about with video on my Omnia i900 and I can't seem to get mpeg 4 to work. I've tried WMPM10 and I only get sound. I know it's a codec problem, but I'm not sure which codec I can use for WinMo. I can play it through CorePlayer, but I can only watch in portrait and not landscape, so the picture is tiny, and it's not smooth.

So, is there an ideal container for files? I've got some Family Guy episodes that are just plain old mpeg 2 .avi's and they play fine in WMP. I'd just like to add a couple of my favourite movies to watch on the go. What's the best file size for a two hour movie, for instance? And is there a specific encoding tool that people use?

Sorry for the questions. I did search, but couldn't find any info.

Cheers in advance,

Ex.

Guest Ex-inferis

Yeah, as I said before, Coreplayer has problems. TCPMP I've tried but it crashes on opening. So no use there. Thanks anyway.

Guest Fa310tx

I will say that, on the computer, I have to use quicktime to play videos recorded on the omnia.

The easiest way to get tcpmp on the omnia is to use the phenom version.

How do you know it's recording in mpeg4? On my htc vogue, it was .mp4. On the omnia, it's .3g2. I would prefer to be able to choose what codecs/containers are used, but oh well...

JJ