Which ROM would you recommend and why?

Guest AGeleff

Guest chouki
Cyanogen's mod is the most popular, well-supported mod out there. 5.06 is ultra-stable, 5.07.1 is working perfectly for me. Him and his cronies will put out CM 6.0 as soon as they can once the 2.2 source code is released. I'll be interested to see how apps2sd migration is handled, but the main thing is I don't want to mess with re-syncing my contacts again!

Cyanogen's is good but the battery is very very bad with it.. it's the major problem..

Guest techlogik

Desire Rom personally. Not necessarily for the Sense UI, which I like better than the standard, but because the interface, look/feel and full Exchange support has been there since the beginning. I'm underwhelmed by the stock N1 Roms, wouldn't personally own the phone if I couldn't use the Modaco Desire port on it.

Guest nfinit3

I had the froyo 2.2 update for a week and after messing with an Evo 4g I decided I wanted to try out the sense UI rom. So now I'm a bigger fan of the desire rom than the froyo rom and I too am waiting patiently for that 2.2 desire rom to be released (hopefully soon.)