[*]Added ext4 / tun support

r17 17/06/10 08:00 GMT

[*]Updated, please redownload!

r17 16/06/10 17:20 GMT

[*]Updated, please redownload!

r17 16/06/10 17:00 GMT

[*]Initial test release

Guest Paul
Paul, if you don't mind my asking, what is different about this than the FroYo ROM released last weekend?

Everything in the 'features' box. :rolleyes:

P

Guest AndyCr15

Woo hoo :rolleyes: Apps2SD is back!!!

What are the chances of having an undervolted/overclocked kernel as an option in the kitchen?

Guest qvert
Woo hoo :rolleyes: Apps2SD is back!!!

What are the chances of having an undervolted/overclocked kernel as an option in the kitchen?

i think we need the kernel source released

but i am not sure

Edited by qvert

Guest aaronpaws

Trying this out now Paul. Was using your original rooted FRF50 before. Excited to see if this is any faster or smoother. Will report back. Will the trackball notifications be delayed until we have the kernel source?

Guest Paul
Trying this out now Paul. Was using your original rooted FRF50 before. Excited to see if this is any faster or smoother. Will report back. Will the trackball notifications be delayed until we have the kernel source?

No, until JesusFreke updates his Smali tools or we get the Froyo source drop.

P

Guest aaronpaws

Anyway, here to report back about the rom. Been running it for about two hours. Very smooth, have not encountered any issues. Highest linpack of 40.99 which is better than my phone did on the rooted 2.2 where it was scoring 39.77 fairly consistently. No, noticeable speed changes though. Interestingly enough, digging through settings I found a couple of things I didn't find in the regular FRF 50 release such as the unlock noise, although, I'm not sure if that's just because I am unfamiliar with the 2.2 settings. Regardless, great release Paul, hoping to see those Sense Live Wallpapers and everything else you mention in the OP implemented soon.

Guest Namuna

Started with a fresh wipe and installed from kitchen.

On reboot I got the icon with the arrow coming out of the box and pointing to android logo, then it goes to recovery.

Reboot again and it's sitting at the N1 logo with lock.

logcat shows this:

--------- beginning of /dev/log/main

E/logwrapper( 58): executing /system/xbin/busybox failed: Permission denied

I/logwrapper( 53): /system/xbin/busybox terminated by exit(255)

Guest Batkoto
Started with a fresh wipe and installed from kitchen.

On reboot I got the icon with the arrow coming out of the box and pointing to android logo, then it goes to recovery.

Reboot again and it's sitting at the N1 logo with lock.

logcat shows this:

--------- beginning of /dev/log/main

E/logwrapper( 58): executing /system/xbin/busybox failed: Permission denied

I/logwrapper( 53): /system/xbin/busybox terminated by exit(255)

Try flashing again, but this time cook a ROM without radio update and see if its working

Guest bobtentpeg

Paul, can you make the 2.1 build.prop and flash two different options? Flash just slows down the phone :rolleyes:

Guest NexusOneMatt

Using this now... running great so far just like can be expected! :rolleyes: Great work again... I was super spoiled by the trackball wake/unlock I miss that dearly!

Also to clarify, when you say sense wallpapers, your referring to the "live wallpapers" not any of the sense widgets like that nifty flip clock/weather/world clock/stop watch/count down timer... yeah I miss that too lol

Thanks again Paul, you're THE MAN!

PS- Hope you enjoyed your "beer" on me, aka MoDaCo Ad Free membership LOL

Guest samburney

Is OpenVPN tested as working on this ROM? I'm getting the following error trying to launch the binary from /system/bin/openvpn:

# /system/bin/openvpn

link_image[1995]: failed to link /system/bin/openvpn

CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE

I notice that this is still using the stock kernel, does that mean tun support is missing anyway?

Thanks.

Guest Docmjldds
Changelog

27/May 20:30

• Initial Release

I only get boot looping on initial startup with the Nexus animation repeating. I have tried every way possible of installing. Including completely wiping Data as well as both caches, battery stats and oriention. I tried with out wiping. I had no problems with your prior Froyo release a few days back. Nandroid backup allows for booting to that prior backup, with no problems. I had reverted to Kangorama 7 final yesterday, but wanted to try this kitchen bake release. So, right now, I have the newer radio on board. Don't want to go thru downgrading radio and then nandroid restore of another earlier setup. (I probably have 6 Nandroid backups including the Desire A22, BTW.)

I initially baked a complete setup including the radio img update. But that install, hung at the X screen with the lock, on start up after installing. I then restored my working Nadroid Froyo from your first setup. Hope that gives enough info. Thoughts on where to go from here?

Edited by Docmjldds

Guest DDDWU

excellent!! Looking forward to final release of r16!!!

but please note pdf viewer is not work, always FC… (both r15 and r16 )

Guest pjcforpres2020
I only get boot looping on initial startup with the Nexus animation repeating. I have tried every way possible of installing. Including completely wiping Data as well as both caches, battery stats and oriention. I tried with out wiping. I had no problems with your prior Froyo release a few days back. Nandroid backup allows for booting to that prior backup, with no problems. I had reverted to Kangorama 7 final yesterday, but wanted to try this kitchen bake release. So, right now, I have the newer radio on board. Don't want to go thru downgrading radio and then nandroid restore of another earlier setup. (I probably have 6 Nandroid backups including the Desire A22, BTW.)

I initially baked a complete setup including the radio img update. But that install, hung at the X screen with the lock, on start up after installing. I then restored my working Nadroid Froyo from your first setup. Hope that gives enough info. Thoughts on where to go from here?

Did you bake in A2SD? If so, you have to have the ext2/3/4 partition on your SD, since it is the "old" version that was created by the community, not the official version included in 2.2 that doesn't use an ext partition on the SD card. Not having/wiping the ext partition causes a boot loop like yours.