MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest maedox

Great work Paul! :)

If someone wants a Desire-themed statusbar, this works good: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=702275

One question: How do I use dropbear on this ROM? I can see the password under 'About phone', but I get connection timeout or refused when doing 'ssh root@ipaddress -p 2222'

Found some other guides for CyanogenMod, but they didn't seem to apply to this release.

$ ssh [email protected] -p 2222 -vvv

OpenSSH_5.3p1 Debian-3ubuntu4, OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009

debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config

debug1: Applying options for *

debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0

debug1: Connecting to 192.168.1.101 [192.168.1.101] port 2222.

debug1: connect to address 192.168.1.101 port 2222: Connection timed out

ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.101 port 2222: Connection timed out

debug1: connect to address 192.168.1.101 port 2222: Connection refused

ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.101 port 2222: Connection refused

Edited by maedox

Guest RatSon
Great work Paul! :)

One question: How do I use dropbear on this ROM? I can see the password under 'About phone', but I get connection timeout or refused when doing 'ssh root@ipaddress -p 2222'

Found some other guides for CyanogenMod, but they didn't seem to apply to this release.

debug1: connect to address 192.168.1.101 port 2222: Connection timed out

ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.101 port 2222: Connection timed out

debug1: connect to address 192.168.1.101 port 2222: Connection refused

ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.101 port 2222: Connection refused

dropbear script needs chmod 755 in /etc/init.d

Guest CompSCI

Sorry!  The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again.

R17 Kitchen...

I am getting the above Error / Force close when dialing out as well as answering an inbound call... The application continues to work (I can hear and talk to the person on the other end of the line) - but, have to "Force close" the application to move on after the phone call...

On a whim - I wiped and flashed the Sense R22.1 with Radio (to downgrade radio) - Everything works great (except bluetooth) - shows downgraded radio...

Re-wiped and flashed R17 w/ upgraded radio...

And, still get the above error...

Interestingly - I DO NOT get the above error immediately upon flashing the R17 ROM... If I make an outbound call right away after flashing - it works normally... ONLY after the device "re-populates" the apps (presumably from the titanium or google backup) - do I get the error...

Any ideas...? Suggestions...? Snyde remarks...? heh...

UPDATE:

Ok... after multiple trials - I decided to NOT wipe the WIP on my phone... I just flashed the zip from my SD with the R17 on it - as an update... This worked...

Edited by CompSCI

Guest texasaggie1
I'm pleased to present my first Froyo based MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Google Nexus One! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. :)

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed. You can read more about how to install a CRI on your device in this topic.

Features Included

• Based on the FRF50 release
  • Rooted with Superuser 2.1 by ChainsDD
  • Built with the MCR build process which reduces the size and boosts the speed of the ROM
  • STOCK KERNEL
  • Rooted boot image with 'adb remount' permission and superuser APK
  • busybox with Droid Explorer support
  • terminfo and settings in boot.img to allow nano etc. use
  • OpenVPN binary
  • HTC_IME to jonasl's v27 for 2.2, based on my Desire leak
  • System dalvik-cache moved to /cache partition
  • Updated Google Maps
  • MCR version displayed in 'About' screen
  • Optional dropbear (SSH server, username 'root, port 2222, password displayed in 'About' screen)
  • Optional A2SD and A2SD+ (old style) via the online kitchen
  • Optional baked in Wavesecure via the online kitchen (installed to system partition for maximum security)
  • Optional WiFi Status indicator
  • De-odexed for theming support!
  • Trackball Alert / Trackball Alert Pro support for coloured trackball notificatons!

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.

Installation

To install this ROM:

• Ensure you have a custom recovery image installed (see 'requirements' above)
    • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
    • Restart your device in recovery mode (power on with the volume down button held and select 'Recovery')
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card

Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Downloads

This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, 3 prebaked downloads are available - a version with the default set of MoDaCo additions, a version with the default set of MoDaCo additions and Chinese input and a version with no optional additions at all.

Included in default additions - Spare Parts, Titanium Backup, WaveSecure, WiFi Status Indicator, Dropbear

Excluded from default additions (install via online kitchen) - HTC Chinese IME, Development Tools, A2SD, A2SD+, Radio Image

R17 kitchen is online, prebakes to follow shortly

HELP!!!! For the life of me I can't find the "Online Kitchen"!! Can someone please point me in the right direction?? Thanks in advance!

Guest GuerillaZhou
HELP!!!! For the life of me I can't find the "Online Kitchen"!! Can someone please point me in the right direction?? Thanks in advance!

you need to be an ad free or modaco plus member to access the kitchen

Guest O'dell

Anyone else having force close issues with exchange accounts? If I add an account and then open the stock mail application it will force close, then continue to force close until it eventually deletes my exchange/active sync account. This is with the new froyo Rom uploaded today. I had no issues on the previous froyo Rom.

Guest yohanevindra

i already flashed the radion when i installed r16, so do i need to flash it again???

and i dont see that "phone test fix" or whtever that is...i can see only the same kitchen with the same options that was there for r16...

Guest Aaron Taulbee
Sorry!  The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again.

R17 Kitchen...

I am getting the above Error / Force close when dialing out as well as answering an inbound call... The application continues to work (I can hear and talk to the person on the other end of the line) - but, have to "Force close" the application to move on after the phone call...

On a whim - I wiped and flashed the Sense R22.1 with Radio (to downgrade radio) - Everything works great (except bluetooth) - shows downgraded radio...

Re-wiped and flashed R17 w/ upgraded radio...

And, still get the above error...

Interestingly - I DO NOT get the above error immediately upon flashing the R17 ROM... If I make an outbound call right away after flashing - it works normally... ONLY after the device "re-populates" the apps (presumably from the titanium or google backup) - do I get the error...

Any ideas...? Suggestions...? Snyde remarks...? heh...

I'm getting FC's when downloading and installing apps on the market, when I try to use the phone and when I plug it into my computer it reboots the phone. Works great until I start installing apps. Funny thing is, it seems to be messed up no matter which app I install. Hmmmm.

P.S. I've wiped and reinstalled several times.

Edited by Aaron Taulbee

Guest turdburgler

It seems the CPU on my phone was stuck at 997mhz and would not go up or down. Was getting a couple of force closes.

Anyone else notice their phone running hot and stuck @ 997mhz?

Guest jakesankey77

Trackball Alerts Pro still doesn't work for my email... I use an exchange account and the ball still glows white.. NewsRob, twitter, etc all work ok... I am using r17 (just flashed 20 mins ago), I have uninstalled and reinstalled TA Pro still with no luck for email... Any guidance?

Guest shasderias

Two weird issues, both encountered with a wipe + update.

1) unchecking PDF reader in the kitchen still includes the PDF reader in the rom, actually trying to use it triggers a force close, basically a icon is left on the apps list, but the guts of the application appears to be not there

E/AndroidRuntime( 772): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate activ

ity ComponentInfo{com.htc.pdfreader/com.htc.pdfreader.MyFilePickerActivity}: jav

a.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.htc.pdfreader.MyFilePickerActivity in loader

dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[/system/app/PDFViewer.apk]

- further testing indicates, whether I check the box or not, PDF reader is installed the same way, and crashes the same way. are there any dependencies I should be aware of?

2) HTC_CIME would basically force close if you try and configure the chinese input method you want to use (through the Settings application, option Select Chinese Input), selecting the method when the keyboard is already up is unproblematic

E/AndroidRuntime( 492): FATAL EXCEPTION: main

E/AndroidRuntime( 492): java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.htc.widget.HtcAlert

Dialog$Builder

Edited by shasderias

Guest guruvan
Trackball Alerts Pro still doesn't work for my email... I use an exchange account and the ball still glows white.. NewsRob, twitter, etc all work ok... I am using r17 (just flashed 20 mins ago), I have uninstalled and reinstalled TA Pro still with no luck for email... Any guidance?

using free version of Trackball Alerts on the latest d/l of r17 I saw the same symptom until updating Trackball Alerts from the market. I saw lilhermit post the he has an update going to market in the morning for the Pro version. Update app in morning and enjoy multihued goodness

Guest Mi|enko

I had the force closes with email on r17 with Trackball alert pro and the test fix when cooking a rom. It was happening when TBA wears attempting to intercept the notification. Talked to lilhermit and let him know about email not working, so he added a fix to his database. Reinstalled r17 without the test fix and all of my alerts work and no force closes.

Guest daffyduck2602
I'm getting FC's when downloading and installing apps on the market, when I try to use the phone and when I plug it into my computer it reboots the phone. Works great until I start installing apps. Funny thing is, it seems to be messed up no matter which app I install. Hmmmm.

P.S. I've wiped and reinstalled several times.

Paul, I have been getting similar issues with a kitchen version of R16 & R17. The ROM flashes okay but gets into a boot loop when the phone starts to automatically download all my apps onto the phone.

Get a error email created by NewsRob when that installs (and presumably tries to run for the first time) and then the phone never shuts down properly but just goes into a boot loop.

Pre-Release r16 still works fine which is what I have gone back to. There is something strange with the this ROM?!?!

Guest maedox
dropbear script needs chmod 755 in /etc/init.d

Thank you man, you lead me in the right direction. :)

/etc/init.d/70dropbear is already 755, but what needed 755 was /system/xbin/dropbear. After a reboot it now works fine.

So the fix is this:

adb remount

adb shell chmod 755 /system/xbin/dropbear

adb shell reboot

Another tip to anyone interested in using dropbear:

If you put your computer's pubkey (~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) in '/data/dropbear/.ssh/authorized_keys' on your phone, you don't have to use a password to login.

Guest Sylar2010

Thanks Paul!!

Will try the prebake right now

Can I install it on your very first plain Froyo Rom or I have to wipe everything?

Edited by Sylar2010

Guest lilHermit

What are you using for exchange email, the stock Email app? If so you need to delete it from Trackball Alert Pro and re-add the Froyo Version from the database.

~