MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Is it ext3 or ext4?

Checked it on linux pc. It was ext4. Formatted it to ext3, problem still persists. It does not boot even without sd card at all.

After a few reboots it's working! Suppose it's due to ext3 fstype. Thanks a lot for help!

Edited by bbik

Guest artesea

Is there an option to stop the trackball flashing whilst the screen is on, like stock Froyo does it?

Only I'm finding it annoying whilst watching a video or playing a game to have a red LED flashing saying I have an email.

How could i check it? And what it should be?

You could use

adb shell

then

parted /dev/block/mmcblk0

and finally

print (displays SD card information)

Guest Cyberdelia

I have a NEW issue with this rom that wasn't there before the new "market license management". I have some apps installed, and when I try to install a new app, the N1 it resets itself, and when it comesback... none app is available! It killed my original sd yesterday, so I had to buy another new one, partitioned:swap = 32Mb, ext= 1024 and the rest for Fat32... but the problem is still there... when I have some apps (I think maybe it's a size of installed apps, because I reinstalled many times using a different order), it just reset and all apps are gone...

As I said, this started to happen with the new license market issue... ¿Does anybody have the same problem? ¿How do you partitioned your SD for this ROM?

Guest Emmepi

Yeah, i know, i used it in July and before...

I'm back from holidays, at home, same computer, and now i can't access it... Strange, no explain...

2nd post is blank, nothing inside...

Guest tropmonky

I can't install the latest clock so that the voice commands to set an alarm will work now.

Anyone else or is it just me?

Edited by tropmonky

Guest King_Dani

i have an issue with a2sd , i have flashed N1 with a2sd version prebaked, and i formatted and defaulted ext3 on memory card, but programs seem to get installed in internal memory, it looks it is not activated. should i download other programs as well to activate it?

also , will using a costum rom help?

Guest rugmankc
I can't install the latest clock so that the voice commands to set an alarm will work now.

Anyone else or is it just me?

Not sure what you mean by "can't install clock". Did you lose it?

As far as clock and voice search, it is not working yet and Google is trying to fix.

Ken

Guest King_Dani
i have an issue with a2sd , i have flashed N1 with a2sd version prebaked, and i formatted and defaulted ext3 on memory card, but programs seem to get installed in internal memory, it looks it is not activated. should i download other programs as well to activate it?

also , will using a costum rom help?

for everyone who might encouter the same problem , it seems the problem should go away if you go to recovery mode and go back, i heard other versions like if you wipe and start again, but i went to recovery for other reason and out of pure luck everything got sorted out with no wipe!

Guest Deathwish238

Updated my apps, the new Flash 10.1 final and WaveSecure. Now my phone restarts before it finishes booting :D

Tired of waiting for a new MCR...going to check out LeoFroYo or NAZTech.

Edit: Pulling the battery fixed whatever the issue was.

Edited by Deathwish238

Guest thejedimex

Hey new to the forums and the whole haring custom roms scene. I recently rooted and unlocked my Tmobile nexus one with the current rom on this thread and I seem to have problems updateing certain files like eBay and the new flash that was just released. Was wondering if there is a way to put the stock froyo from back on my phone or if its even possible to do. Wanna thank in advance or if anyone knows of a better rom they might wanna recommend to me for my nexus. I really like 2.2 cause of all the new features. Sorry if my typeing is off I'm on my nexus one typing this in the car while at work

Guest IntoTheVoid

My wife's Nexus One had the weirdest thing happen to it. It's obviously running on MCR and she just turned it off and back on cause Seesmic was not refreshing for some reason, and when she did that the phone factory reset itself. Can't figure what would trigger that. Freakin sucks.

Thank god for Android's market app backup.

Edited by IntoTheVoid

Guest vzontini
My wife's Nexus One had the weirdest thing happen to it. It's obviously running on MCR and she just turned it off and back on cause Seesmic was not refreshing for some reason, and when she did that the phone factory reset itself. Can't figure what would trigger that. Freakin sucks.

Thank god for Android's market app backup.

My phone just did the exact same thing! I noticed Gmail had a sync error, checked the Google status page and all apps were showing up so I rebooted. The phone came back up to "touch the android to begin" and a load of force close error messages.

I restored to a previous nandroid backup, and it seemed to fix everything. I did get one force close today. Thinking of doing full wipes and starting over, but would like to know if there are some logs I could check to see if there is any information on the force close I saw today.

Guest IntoTheVoid
My phone just did the exact same thing! I noticed Gmail had a sync error, checked the Google status page and all apps were showing up so I rebooted. The phone came back up to "touch the android to begin" and a load of force close error messages.

I restored to a previous nandroid backup, and it seemed to fix everything. I did get one force close today. Thinking of doing full wipes and starting over, but would like to know if there are some logs I could check to see if there is any information on the force close I saw today.

Yeah, exactly what happened to her phone as well. Was getting force close errors on a couple of programs too. And some programs that appeared in the program dock that were installed from the market were not appearing in the downloads section either. I just did a factory reset from the settings screen and set up the phone from there and it has been fine so far. Do you use Seesmic as well by the way ?

Guest vzontini
Yeah, exactly what happened to her phone as well. Was getting force close errors on a couple of programs too. And some programs that appeared in the program dock that were installed from the market were not appearing in the downloads section either. I just did a factory reset from the settings screen and set up the phone from there and it has been fine so far. Do you use Seesmic as well by the way ?

No I use Touiteur. I wiped and loaded Kangorama 0.9 to give it a try. Was running Kangorama 0.8 before MCR r21 and Kangorama was as nice as the 2.1 based MCR builds. The Kangorama 0.9 is only FRF83 Froyo though so it doesn't have some of the updates of MCR r21. However I also haven't had any other ROM than MCR r21 mess up on me like this. Very strange.

Guest das_spektakel

Hi there,

i just wanted to know if there could occur a problem by running this ROM with the origninal (but rooted) FroYo FRF91 boot.img? I am one of the "lucky" N1 owners which are not able to flash all of the available boot.img's. I made a quick test and it seems to work fine (updating boot.img failed, the rest went through without problems), since there are some modifacions in it I would like to have this clarified with the experts...

thanks in advance,

das_spektakel

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Cole Cash

I've just installed the custom rom and everything looks great! Thanks a lot for this. My only concern is that my phone is saying that there is a system update available to version 2.2.1. Should I go through with this or will it break my root ability somehow?

I've just installed the custom rom and everything looks great! Thanks a lot for this. My only concern is that my phone is saying that there is a system update available to version 2.2.1. Should I go through with this or will it break my root ability somehow?

If you update through the OTA notification you are receiving, you will loose your root access.

If you update through the OTA notification you are receiving, you will loose your root access.

If you have a custom recovery (and I don't know an easy way to install MCR without one), the original OTA update will fail when you try to apply it.

is there anyway to turn the update notifications off?

The above is actually the key here. If you go ahead and try to apply the update to MCR r21 with a custom recovery, the update will fail and not bother you again. At least that worked for me.

HTH,

lcg