Pulse 2.1: Oscillation ROM R7

Guest zerosignull

Guest thisweb
:) Is this an easy thing to do? Or does it have to be baked into the ROM at build time?

[install Eris Market Fix in marketplace]

[Just look for this app in the market, install it and wait for about 24hrs]

Great, can we bump this info onto the front page zerosignull?. This might be crucial to a lot of people?

(although i've not tested it yet, waiting 24 hoours...)

Edited by thisweb

Guest chall32
NB it just says unable to scan wifi when I check wifi and then switches wifi off

You have to re-install Hungarian ROM only. Don't install the additional update that comes in the Hungarian download

Is there a bug with the market on this rom? I can't find some apps, in particular ADW launcher.

Tried searching and scanning with barcode from link below but it says no matches in market.

Anyone else had this or is this just me. It worked on last rom. ?

Yes seen this too.

fibblesan (post #309 of this thread) suggested installing "Eris Droid Fix." from the market. I've did that on Friday night, and can see that my build.prop file now contains build id=ERE27, but I still cant find Handcent in the market. Twidroid is another missing too. Prefer seesmic - which is in the market - anyway....!

- Chris

Guest thisweb
You have to re-install Hungarian ROM only. Don't install the additional update that comes in the Hungarian download

Yes seen this too.

fibblesan (post #309 of this thread) suggested installing "Eris Droid Fix." from the market. I've did that on Friday night, and can see that my build.prop file now contains build id=ERE27, but I still cant find Handcent in the market. Twidroid is another missing too. Prefer seesmic - which is in the market - anyway....!

- Chris

Thanks, got that reinstalled now.

Thanks for the Eris tip , installed, I will have to wait 24h and see if that works. BTW I thought twitroid was just not available for 2.1 didn't realise this was a market problem!

Edited by thisweb

Guest thisweb
Thanks, got that reinstalled now.

Thanks for the Eris tip , installed, I will have to wait 24h and see if that works. BTW I thought twitroid was just not available for 2.1 didn't realise this was a market problem!

Damn. Wifi Still not scanning.... Anyone else managed to fix this after installing HU customisation update in official rom?

Guest thisweb
Damn. Wifi Still not scanning.... Anyone else managed to fix this after installing HU customisation update in official rom?

Ok managed to fix it. But now can't set wallpaper or remove live wallpaper. Nothing happens when I apply new wallpaper. Anyone else have this???

Guest chall32

Wallpapers work fine for me. I had a force close the first time I tried to change wallpaper, but from then on in, all wallpapers (live and, er, non live) change OK.

- Chris

Guest preetkk
Using R7B and my internal memory still seems to be decreasing. And when composing a message I noticed that the contacts name is hard to read, really black.

same problem here using latest release too

I used both Hungarian update files

then wiped everything and installed this

Guest urom

Thank you, zerosignull,

for this nice ROM, I installed it, had to mess around with ADB a little (which was new to me), and now I am happy with it. ROM seems to be more stable than the former installed MCR 2.1. Together with my new 8Gb SD card ("samsung plus" class 6) and A2SD + dalvik-cache on SD, I have plenty of RAM and lot of Apps installed. It runs very stable, fast and smooth.

The performance of the "pulse" made a big step forward, compared to 1.5!

Very good work done!

regards

Uli

Guest bbevan

Loving this ROM, seems much faster than MCR1.7 had a couple of reboots but nothing I can't live with. Even MMS worked out of the box, must have picked up the settings from my SIM, gave up with MCR1.7

Guest MrJoshua

Anyone having issues with random lockups (ie battery out to reset) in things like Facebook or Google Search Widget?

This was happening in r5 and r6 for me.

Guest hr21

hi all,

just wondering - i am on a vanilla r6.1 version of 2.1 that was posted here a week or two ago.

With that in mind, can I just update to the tmobile 2.1 update in this thread then put on the oscillation rom?

Or do I need to do something else?

Thanks.

Guest goce.nakov
hi all,

just wondering - i am on a vanilla r6.1 version of 2.1 that was posted here a week or two ago.

With that in mind, can I just update to the tmobile 2.1 update in this thread then put on the oscillation rom?

Or do I need to do something else?

Thanks.

Yes you can just update and put this ROM...just follow the steps on the first page.

Guest zerosignull
is anyone else having a prob with A2SD?

Can you elaborate on your issues?

i had a restart from the Eris Droid Fix. is this normal?

Eris droid fix does say that it _needs_ to restart in order to complete the installation process.... Or did u get a lockup/force close?

Yep verified the same here too. By adding these 3 files, both Analogue Clock and My Music widgets now load and run fine.

@Zerosignull: Easy fix for R8 :)

- Chris

Im a bit loathe at the moment to put stuff back into the framework folder. Im getting a good amount of free RAM after reboot->kill all aps. Can you tell me how much RAM you have after a reboot->kill all ????

Edited by zerosignull

Guest chall32
Im a bit loathe at the moment to put stuff back into the framework folder. Im getting a good amount of free RAM after reboot->kill all aps. Can you tell me how much RAM you have after a reboot->kill all ????

Sure no problem.

Can you talk me through the "kill all" aspect please? :) understand the reboot bit :)

Also, for consistency how are you getting your RAM stats? I'll do the same :)

when trying to enable call forwarding?

Call forwarding is working here OK on O2 UK

- Chris

Guest zerosignull
Sure no problem.

Can you talk me through the "kill all" aspect please? :) understand the reboot bit :)

Also, for consistency how are you getting your RAM stats? I'll do the same :)

Call forwarding is working here OK on O2 UK

- Chris

Install Task Panel Lite from the market. Drop the TPL widget on the desktop. Reboot phone then use widget to kill all :)

Tnx

Guest chall32
Install Task Panel Lite from the market. Drop the TPL widget on the desktop. Reboot phone then use widget to kill all :)

Tnx

After a "Kill All" ---> 44.98Mb

(With nothing in ignore-list)

EDIT: After reboot & kill all ---> 46.5Mb

- Chris

Edited by chall32

Guest biron_w
, but I still cant find Handcent in the market.

- Chris

I couldn't find handcent itself but I found the font packs on the market,then just went to the devs website and you can download from there. Or go to www.handcent.com and in your browser and download from the devs website.

Anyone having issues with random lockups (ie battery out to reset) in things like Facebook or Google Search Widget?

I've had that a few times and a few other people have as well.

Edited by biron_w

Guest zerosignull
After a "Kill All" ---> 44.98Mb

(With nothing in ignore-list)

EDIT: After reboot & kill all ---> 46.5Mb

- Chris

Thats a lot higher then im getting!!! >_<

what widgets do you use on ure desktop??

Guest chall32

Nothing much, just Fancy Widget, Smooth Calendar, Battery Indicator. Google search & power control are built in.

Screeny:

post-618544-1275913266_thumb.png

Edited by chall32

Guest tomjo7

Okay, I currently have Pauls version of 2.1, if I change to this one (i prefer the Vanilla style) can I install this one directly, or will I have to reinstall the Hungarian version of 2.1 first?

Sorry for being an amateur haha

Guest robot1000
Okay, I currently have Pauls version of 2.1, if I change to this one (i prefer the Vanilla style) can I install this one directly, or will I have to reinstall the Hungarian version of 2.1 first?

Sorry for being an amateur haha

Yeh, just do a wipe first