Pulse 2.1: Oscillation ROM R7

Guest zerosignull

Guest Neron
btw, my availablr phone storage is showing as 14.93MB. Edit: I see this is due to you making the rom compatible with earlier systems. The t-mobile update changed the partition sizes.

Phone storage is the only issue I have but awesome ROM!

Guest thisweb

What does RMB stand for. Sunrise? Switz? What rom is this?, anything to do with hungarian official one. Sorry v confused.

Guest zerosignull
What does RMB stand for. Sunrise? Switz? What rom is this?, anything to do with hungarian official one. Sorry v confused.

RBM = Redbull Mobile which is part of the switz ROM. But its now got parts from both the Hungarian ROM, RBM ROM and the 2.1 SDK ROM

Guest thisweb
RBM = Redbull Mobile which is part of the switz ROM. But its now got parts from both the Hungarian ROM, RBM ROM and the 2.1 SDK ROM

I see. Thanks. Were did the switz rom come from? Is this an official one downloadable from somewhere?

Guest MrLowHoe

Noobish question. So what's this problem regarding partition tables? How has the official update changed it so we're getting <15mb space with this one?

Guest igor_anta

MAJOR BUG with the new version! Turning Wi-Fi on reboots my phone, it worked fine on the standard unrooted update. I love the look of this ROM so keep it up till we get apps2sd and stability. Cheers!

Guest zerosignull
MAJOR BUG with the new version! Turning Wi-Fi on reboots my phone, it worked fine on the standard unrooted update. I love the look of this ROM so keep it up till we get apps2sd and stability. Cheers!

Cheer's. Issues is fixed now. please wait for R5

Edited by zerosignull

Guest Gonçalo Silva
So can this root the official swiss 2.1 rom from the Huaweii site? (for U8230)

I also wanted to know if this can root the official swiss 2.1 rom... It'd be nice to be able to switch among available ROMs, which we can't do right now since the swiss ROM is not rooted.

Another question, would any of these ROMs work on the Portuguese TMN A1 (one of the versions of Huawei U8230)?

Guest igor_anta
The link for r5 doesn't work.

Does now:D Also since you added the new gallery maybe you can remove the original one for your next release.

Guest zerosignull
Wi-Fi not working again:( This time no reboot but it doesn't turn on.

What phone have u got igor? What was your ROM upgrade path??

Guest igor_anta
What phone have u got igor? What was your ROM upgrade path??

I have a T- Mobile Pulse. I went from the Chinese vibration fix update to the official Hungarian update (working without any problems so I think this is kinda like the starting point) and then wipe and on to your ROM. Cheers!

Edited by igor_anta

Guest alpha232

Couple of things to point out that should maybe be mentioned in your install guide

1. you actually need to install the amon-ra recovery image, booting it in fastboot without installing doesn't work any more (for anyone else that did this)

2. You need to turn on USB debugging before adb will connect to your device when you're on 2.1 to use adb reboot recovery

edit, also waiting on a rom with a2sd though I'm trying this one just now, booting as i type this.

edit2: couldn't actually do anything on the phone for acore force closes, gonna rewipe and reflash to see if it was a fluke

Edited by alpha232

Guest zerosignull
Couple of things to point out that should maybe be mentioned in your install guide

1. you actually need to install the amon-ra recovery image, booting it in fastboot without installing doesn't work any more (for anyone else that did this)

2. You need to turn on USB debugging before adb will connect to your device when you're on 2.1 to use adb reboot recovery

edit, also waiting on a rom with a2sd though I'm trying this one just now, booting as i type this.

1: Thats covered on the second and thrid point of the install instructions??? I did put a link to the how-to install forum

2: Should be enabled by default after applying the ROM????

Guest Simon O

Has the original launcher been replaced? Your screenshots look nothing like the Red Bull rom looks. I've installed r1 of your rom :s

Guest zerosignull
Has the original launcher been replaced? Your screenshots look nothing like the Red Bull rom looks. I've installed r1 of your rom :s

Yes. I removed the redbull launcher and put in the Vanilla 2.1 launcher and touched a few graphic files up. You should notice a good speed increase going from R1->R5a

Guest Simon O
Yes. I removed the redbull launcher and put in the Vanilla 2.1 launcher and touched a few graphic files up. You should notice a good speed increase going from R1->R5a

I prefer the Emotion launcher. Any way I can add this back to your rom myself? I'm not sure if I can just replace the launcher.apk or I need to replace frameworks also?

Guest zerosignull
I prefer the Emotion launcher. Any way I can add this back to your rom myself? I'm not sure if I can just replace the launcher.apk or I need to replace frameworks also?

You should just be able to install the Emotion launcher. I did not change any files outside the vanilla launcher itself

Guest Simon O
You should just be able to install the Emotion launcher. I did not change any files outside the vanilla launcher itself

Thank you.