Pulse 2.1: Oscillation ROM R7

Guest zerosignull

Guest igor_anta
Yes. I removed the redbull launcher and put in the Vanilla 2.1 launcher and touched a few graphic files up. You should notice a good speed increase going from R1->R5a

So if I install this over Paul's new MCR without a wipe do I get apps2sd (just hoping, honestly I have no idea how apps2sd works). And what about my Wi-Fi problem?

As a side note I also installed the additional update that came in the zip from Hungarian T-Mobile. I have no idea what it does though.

Guest alpha232
Couple of things to point out that should maybe be mentioned in your install guide

1. you actually need to install the amon-ra recovery image, booting it in fastboot without installing doesn't work any more (for anyone else that did this)

2. You need to turn on USB debugging before adb will connect to your device when you're on 2.1 to use adb reboot recovery

edit, also waiting on a rom with a2sd though I'm trying this one just now, booting as i type this.

edit2: couldn't actually do anything on the phone for acore force closes, gonna rewipe and reflash to see if it was a fluke

Got it working and it's pretty fast, only thing is the wifi isn't working

Guest igor_anta

I copied the Phone.apk, Contacts.apk and Music.apk to the MCR, they work without any problems or glitches. But I don't have T9 on the Phone, maybe I'm mistaken but the phone has T9 on this ROM right? Maybe there is one more .apk i missed so can someone attach it so I can copy it on my phone. Thanks. Cheers!

Guest Epohax

I think I messed up somewhere along the way. I'll try to reproduce my steps.

1. I had one of the vanilla 2.1 modifications (before we had the official one), the FC+Reboot one.

2. I want a vanilla modded rom that doesn't reboot, this thread looks like that.

3. I followed the Hungarian 2.1 update (with the dload folder)

4. Flashed Amon-ra as per thread (went ok)

5. When booted into my now stock t-mobile rom, I want to boot into Amon-ra. Usually I do that using Quickboot. But this official ROM is not rooted, so I can't install quickboot.

So I decided I would install Paul's Superboot (rooting your current ROM), but neither his 1.5 or 1.4 version works. 1.5 gives me a black screen. 1.4 gives me a boot loop.

How do I get to my well-known Amon-Ra screen? I want quickboot actually, but can't install it due to non-rooted. Anyone?

Edited by Epohax

Guest Epohax

Ok solved it myself. After being locked out of my rom, I rinsed and repeated all steps. Then after re-flashing Amon-RA, I hooked up the phone to my PC and after making myself familiar with adb, I was able to reboot it into recovery mode by doing "adb.exe reboot recovery". From then on, the basic update.zip applied.

I'll be playing with this ROM now - thanks for making this. This community owns.

Guest zerosignull
No Wi-Fi for me either. I'm sticking with r1 until wi-fi works :(

What hardware have you guys got? Did u flash the Hungarian 2.1 before applying this update.zip?

Could you flash R1 and tell me if that works then Flash R2. in R2 i changed the kernel to the t-mob one

Edited by zerosignull

Guest igor_anta
What hardware have you guys got? Did u flash the Hungarian 2.1 before applying this update.zip?

Could you flash R1 and tell me if that works then Flash R2. in R2 i changed the kernel to the t-mob one

By R2 I suppose you mean R4 since that's the only one after R1 that I can see, plus you mention that you changed the kernel on that one to t-mob. I flashed that one but on that one Wi-Fi restarts my phone. On R5 it just says it's unable to start it. I have the official Hungarian 2.1 on a T-Mobile Pulse. As i side note the new MCR is working great, everything is like it should be, aside from the god awful magenta and t-mob apps. Really hoping you work this framework out with apps2sd. Fingers crossed :( Cheers!

Guest Jan M

I have r1 and u8220 (standard t-mobile pulse) hardware...everything works as it should: wifi,bluetooth,vibration,etc

funny how things are working with the u8230 kernel, but they break for people when switching to their own kernel...

Guest Simon O

T-Mobile Pulse U8220. Flashed Hugarian T-Mobile update.app, then flashed AnonRA recovery using fastboot. Installed your r1 zip and everything works. Whenever I use any rooted versions the wi-fi stops working and I get fc's.

Guest MrJoshua

I'm on R5 and I can't start WiFi either, but otherwise it works well, thank you!

Other slight issue is landscape mode in 3D Gallery - image gets corrupted on screen.

UK Pulse, Hungarian 2.1, HU update, Wipe, R5.

Edited by MrJoshua

Guest igor_anta
I'm on R5 and I can't start WiFi either, but otherwise it works well, thank you!

Other slight issue is landscape mode in 3D Gallery - image gets corrupted on screen.

UK Pulse, Hungarian 2.1, HU update, Wipe, R5.

There is a newer version of the Gallery. See Paul's post #108, just click the link, it's the new .apk.

Guest zerosignull
T-Mobile Pulse U8220. Flashed Hugarian T-Mobile update.app, then flashed AnonRA recovery using fastboot. Installed your r1 zip and everything works. Whenever I use any rooted versions the wi-fi stops working and I get fc's.

did a wipe of the system before the update? just want to confirm that you _are_ getting these issue on R1 aswell?

Flibblesan (or ne on having issues with wireless):

Could you download "android Terminal Emulator" by Pack Palevich from the market. Turn on ure Wi-Fi, Load up the terminal emulator, type in lsmod and show me the output?

Edited by zerosignull

Guest Simon O
did a wipe of the system before the update? just want to confirm that you _are_ getting these issue on R1 aswell?

Flibblesan (or ne on having issues with wireless):

Could you download "android Terminal Emulator" by Pack Palevich from the market. Turn on ure Wi-Fi, Load up the terminal emulator, type in lsmod and show me the output?

From r1:

$ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
$lsmod
Module Size Used by Not tainted
ar6000 157456 0
$[/code] From r5:
[code]$ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
$lsmod
Module Size Used by Not tainted
ar6000 157384 0
$

I had to wipe my pulse and install the r5 zip again to test wi-fi, but it works. I downloaded the latest so I probably installed r4 before and not r5 with the wi-fi fix. Sorry for the mistake, it's been a long day.

Guest z0s0

WiFi not working here, either. I am using Dev_Pulse_ID_U8220_Kernel_tmob_PU_R5b.zip

My upgrade path was Stock -> [this rom] -> wipe -> Hungarian 2.1 update -> wipe -> [this rom].

Wifi simply wouldn't engage. Once I had applied the HU update then applied this ROM. WOrked fine (albeit with reboots) before I applied the HU update.

I've since wiped and installed the newest Modaco 2.1 ROM, and WiFi is working in that one.

But I do like this ROM, so would like to get it working.

Guest dadme

Nice. Realy nice!

But apps2sd is must have with only 40mb free. Some ideeas from here to try : APPS2SD

Waiting for a apps2sd stable. Tend to be the best rom from here.

Edited by dadme

Guest Jan M
Nice. Realy nice!

But apps2sd is must have with only 40mb free. Some ideeas from here to try : APPS2SD

+1

and although the canvas launcher is nice, I think its good to get as close to vanilla as possible

Guest Tom G
Nice. Realy nice!

That method needs a kernel module (unionfs), so unless unionfs is compiled into the kernel (I don't think it is but you can check in /proc/filesystems) it probably won't be an option until kernel source is available.

Guest xarxiusxiii

Thanks for this ROM, it's amazing :(

Doesn't feel any slower than the other 2.1 ROMs I've tried, and on top of that, it's got a nice theme. Good job.

Guest alpha232
1: Thats covered on the second and thrid point of the install instructions??? I did put a link to the how-to install forum

2: Should be enabled by default after applying the ROM????

1- can't see it

2- wasn't for me