Pulse 2.1: Oscillation ROM R7

Guest zerosignull

Guest zerosignull
Wifi not working , using r5

Could you download "android Terminal Emulator" by Pack Palevich from the market. Turn on ure Wi-Fi, Load up the terminal emulator, type in lsmod and show me the output?

Guest martinmax
Could you download "android Terminal Emulator" by Pack Palevich from the market. Turn on ure Wi-Fi, Load up the terminal emulator, type in lsmod and show me the output?

When trying to turn on the Wifi it says "Unable to start Wifi"

Guest zerosignull

its not the apps2sd method that the problem. Ive got an install zip we can just shoot at the ROM from AM-recovery and it will effectively patch the running ROM with aps2sd.

The issue atm is that after partitioning the SDCard andoid is supposed to see it in /system/sd and its not showing. But i think that link may hold some insight into doing that :( THANKS:)

Guest igor_anta
its not the apps2sd method that the problem. Ive got an install zip we can just shoot at the ROM from AM-recovery and it will effectively patch the running ROM with aps2sd.

The issue atm is that after partitioning the SDCard andoid is supposed to see it in /system/sd and its not showing. But i think that link may hold some insight into doing that :( THANKS:)

What about the Wi-Fi? :(

Guest zerosignull
What about the Wi-Fi? :(

can you do this for me?

Guest Simon O
I've just realised I've got no YouTube app on this ROM :S

Anyone else notice this?

Yes. I just pushed it to the phone using ADB

Guest igor_anta
can you do this for me?

I used Better Terminal Emulator and when i type in lsmod it doesn't show anything :S Size, Used by.... nothing, they're empty fields.

Guest zerosignull
I used Better Terminal Emulator and when i type in lsmod it doesn't show anything :S Size, Used by.... nothing, they're empty fields.

your wireless needs to be on for it to work

Guest gusthy

What do you think of adding Facebook.apk from G1 ROM? It supports synchronizing Facebook users into Contacts.

Guest igor_anta

Well I can't turn it on, that's the problem. When I click on the widget or option for Wi-Fi it just says unable to start Wi-Fi. And it stays like that till I restart. That's when I ran the terminal, while the message was there, after I tried to turn it on, but nothing. Cheers!

Guest gusthy
Well I can't turn it on, that's the problem. When I click on the widget or option for Wi-Fi it just says unable to start Wi-Fi. And it stays like that till I restart. That's when I ran the terminal, while the message was there, after I tried to turn it on, but nothing. Cheers!

I installed original T-Mo stuff WITHOUT HUNGARIAN UPDATE and wifi worked.

After that I installed Hungarian Update, reflashed this rom and wifi stopped working.

Guest zerosignull

After that I installed Hungarian Update, reflashed this rom and wifi stopped working.

can you try one of the earlier ROM's before the "wireless" fix?

Guest gusthy
can you try one of the earlier ROM's before the "wireless" fix?

I can if U tell me which one, I dont want to download all

Guest igor_anta

You mean that small additional dload that came with the update? So THAT causes the issue?! Cause I installed that one as well, I have no idea why :S Anyway I'm on Paul's MCR for now, I'll give this a try tomorrow again. Cheers!

Guest gusthy
You mean that small additional dload that came with the update? So THAT causes the issue?! Cause I installed that one as well, I have no idea why :S Anyway I'm on Paul's MCR for now, I'll give this a try tomorrow again. Cheers!

Yes.

If you reflash the original rom and dont flash that small thing, it is okay.

On the other hand, Paul's ROM require it :(

And if you dont install it, you cant use adb shell

Edited by gusthy

Guest Simon O
What do you think of adding Facebook.apk from G1 ROM? It supports synchronizing Facebook users into Contacts.

I've added Facebook to my own custom rom, which I'm working on. Currently it's mostly ODEX'd with 3D Gallery replacing Gallery, Emotion set as default launcher and added YouTube app. Google Maps, Google Goggles, Facebook & Twitter added to data partition for easy updating. Current free space is 49MB. Apps in the data partition are about 10MB in size together so by ODEX'ing the ROM I managed to gain an extra 10MB of space.

Zerosignull: You should look into odexing the apps in /system/app. I only had a problem with the Contacts app, all the rest work fine. It increases free space due to dalvik being a lot smaller.

Guest dadme

Just try to go recovery - wipe - Flash Paul's MCR R7 - boot - start wireless - recovery - wipe flash Sunrise 2.1 - start wireless!

Guest 205er

I tested your ROM for about half an hour and it is working very well on my Pulse! Even Wifi does work without any problems! I used the MCR before and got many Force Closes and other errormessages, but not with this ROM! Very nice, thank u!

...and it looks quiet fantastic!

Guest zerosignull
Zerosignull: You should look into odexing the apps in /system/app. I only had a problem with the Contacts app, all the rest work fine. It increases free space due to dalvik being a lot smaller.

Will do. Trying to get aps2sd to work first. Cannot get android to keep my mount after reboot :(

Guest makmondeja

If you could add A2SD to this ROM it would be perfect. The only issue I'm having right now it's the lack of space. Please, R6 with A2SD.

Guest Simon O
If you could add A2SD to this ROM it would be perfect. The only issue I'm having right now it's the lack of space. Please, R6 with A2SD.

Once A2SD is working we'll have a lot more space for apps. Even odexing files only gives an extra 10MB or so.