Igo Primo - do I need an new data.zip and sys.txt file?

Guest barbarony62

Guest barbarony62

Hi,

does anybody know if Igo primo (8.5.9) works with Omnia. i.e. do I need a proper data.zip and sys.txt files?

and if so, where could I get them?

regards

Guest barbarony62
Hi,

does anybody know if Igo primo (8.5.9) works with Omnia. i.e. do I need a proper data.zip and sys.txt files?

regards

Problem solved - issue closed

Guest barbarony62
HOW?

somebody gave me proper instructions to the specific problem I had... I am guessing that if he decided to to it via PM he had his reasons.

if anybody asks me something specific, and I know the answer, I will gladly help.

regards

Guest Davezil
somebody gave me proper instructions to the specific problem I had... I am guessing that if he decided to to it via PM he had his reasons.

if anybody asks me something specific, and I know the answer, I will gladly help.

regards

Would you be so kind to give those info to me as well please ?

I've searched everywhere but nothing works .

Thanks in advance

Guest Crazy Dutch

I am having issues myself aswell.

Primo starts up alright, but it does so in 800x480 mode.. I only get to see 1/4 of the screen with my poor old Omnia!

Someone's got an idea? I've been digging thru all files now.. still can't find out why it's reverting to 800x480 even tho the sys.cfg says 400x240..

EDIT:

When i rename the system file, and i let Primo start without it, it says " ERROR: User interface resolution [240x400] is not supported or compatible skin can not be found. Exiting application. "

Edited by Crazy Dutch

Guest caja

you have to find data.zip wich supports the 400×240 resolution and put that into sys.txt

[interface]

resolution_dir="400_240"

screen_x=400

screen_y=240

[Rawdisplay]

HighRes=0

screen_x=400

screen_y=240

class="landscape"

and before you launch primo,turn the screen to landscape and it should work :)

Guest mohamedfois

Hi everyone,

I am a starter, just trying to use Primo on my Omnia i900. Doenloaded and installed the app, all working fine but i can't get a connection to any Satellites. It keeps telling Autodetecting GPS reciever but nothing happens. Here is a copy my sys.txt file

[device]

type="samsung_i900"

[interface]

resolution_dir="400_240"

screen_x=400

screen_y=240

[Rawdisplay]

HighRes=0

screen_x=400

screen_y=240

class="landscape"

[gps]

port=4

baud=57600

[warning]

speedcam_warning="1"

[tts]

tts_buffer=131072

announce_exit_directions=1

tts_logics=3

priority="HIGH"

always_say_road_names=1

announce_street_name=1

skip_exit_numbers=0

[dynamiccompressor]

compressor=1

ratio=9

gain=9

[sound]

ding=0

queue_length=200

mute_os_key=1

pause_mp3_sooner=1

[debug]

sound_q_length=200

tts_min_ready_wav= 1

tts_getaway_time=100

tts_expected_engine_delay=400

I would appreciate if any one can help with the external GPS settings in my mob too. I am in melbourne and I don't have data plan. Thanks a lot guys..(sorry if this qus is not relevant to topic :) )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest cosminnn

Hi,

My iGO Primo won´t get a lock. I am using the above files (sys and data), the display is fine, but it won´t get a lock. It is looking for my GPS receiver and after a while tells me: "Your GPS receiver has been turned off".

My Omnia settings are:

Gps Program port: com3

Gps harware port: com9

Baud rate:4800

I am using OCK´s roms, with all the GPS fixes built in. With the above setting I have no problem to get a lock with iGO 8.3 or google maps.

I tried different settings in the sys.txt file for the [gps] section but unsuccesfull so far. Please help me, Thanks

Guest xavierf

In the SYS.txt, you have to change the port and the baud rate.

My configuration :

[gps]

port="2"

baud=9600

source="nmea"

set_messages=0

Guest cosminnn
In the SYS.txt, you have to change the port and the baud rate.

My configuration :

I did that with my own data with no luck. Nevertheless I found a more unorthodox solution to this: I started Google maps and waited to get a lock, then with Google maps running I went to HOME (showcase buton) and started iGO Primo as well. It got an instant lock :angry: Now working and locking on it´s own, without Google maps help. Maybe it was the cold start ...

• 3 months later...
Guest spjaimito

I find it impossible to make it work. I downloaded SYS.TXT an DATA file by "Pusheka and xavierf", but I always get the error: "Fatal error occurred in main thread.

Address. 0x0055c868 - Exception: 0xc0000005 ".

I'm desperate. Not that I can do.

Edited by spjaimito

Guest barbarony62
I find it impossible to make it work. I downloaded SYS.TXT an DATA file by "Pusheka and xavierf", but I always get the error: "Fatal error occurred in main thread.

Address. 0x0055c868 - Exception: 0xc0000005 ".

I'm desperate. Not that I can do.

go to http://www.modaco.com/content/forum/318532...mo-omnia-i-900/

follow the link in it to an Italian site.... use google translate to understand Italian site

got it all working in 5 minutes

Hi,

regards

Here is my data.zip sys.txt with the data. Sys.txt of the tts file to search in English or your own language because on my Hungarian setting. The rest of the file remain sys.txt! Oh, and this is the data.zip sys.txt Igo Primo 1.1 files to green routing is optimized for Samsung i900 Omnia!

post-597017-1289291934_thumb.jpg

sys.txt: SYS.txt

data.zip_400x240 : data

Working 100% !!!

Good luck with your driving! :rolleyes:

Guest gheorghe vasile

The first Igo primo functional on my omnia. THANKS :rolleyes: :huh:

Here is my data.zip sys.txt with the data. Sys.txt of the tts file to search in English or your own language because on my Hungarian setting. The rest of the file remain sys.txt! Oh, and this is the data.zip sys.txt Igo Primo 1.1 files to green routing is optimized for Samsung i900 Omnia!

Working 100% !!!

Good luck with your driving! :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Abdu_el

hello

I want to know who to have the TMC on with primo because I have OmniaTMC beta 2 who were working very good with igo 8.3

but now I can't find any screen on primo that speak about TMC just a case to accept in option (setting / circulation / traffic receptor )

can anyone give me helps

tanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thescope
hello

I want to know who to have the TMC on with primo because I have OmniaTMC beta 2 who were working very good with igo 8.3

but now I can't find any screen on primo that speak about TMC just a case to accept in option (setting / circulation / traffic receptor )

can anyone give me helps

tanks

I have the same problem!!

I cannot find out how to use TMC with PRIMO

Any one know? please share..

Primo is the time when you work with TMC. Should yield TMC Omnia and of course you use headphones or a modified car charger use. Car Charger for a change which must be disassembled at the end. The amendment is the fact that it must be soldered to the pseudo inputs minus one extension cord as the antenna in place.

I'm sorry but English is a bit weak.

Guest barbarony62

You need to skin your omnia to expose TMC setting. I skinned it using an Italian site - (please search a few posts earlier...) -- once skinned, I found traffic settings... however, since we do not have TMC in our country, I cannot test it.

http://www.modaco.com/content/forum/318532...mo-omnia-i-900/

regards

Edited by barbarony62

• 1 month later...
Guest jackalppc

Working 100% !!!

Good luck with your driving! :D

IT WORKED :P

THANK YOU VERY MUCH SZAGA B)

• 7 months later...
Guest belmongas

i have b7300 phone and i am trying to lunch igo primo but with no success can someone write which ports i need to choose

program port???

hardware port ???

baud rate ??

and also when igo primo is running it just searching automaticly for gps receiver

Edited by belmongas