USB brick/rickrolled/b0rked -> FIXED!

Guest IEFtm

Guest linofaria

Guys, today I brick my desire beautiful, I'm sick of reading so many post, and have not figured how to emulate the sd card, I have two files, but not Sd appears to me, as I do this to restore your sd in pc does not ;)

thanks

Guest Ar3ohdee
As most of you know, people have been hard at work to fix the USB issues we've been seeing due to recovery setting us into USB debugmode.

After unsuccessful attempts to change the kernel commandline , eg. to:

board_bravo.disable_uart3=0

board_bravo.usb_h2w_sw=0

we've been successful in discovering (with the help of XDA-developers) that these switches are stored in the first NAND partition, mtd0, or 'misc'.

Step-by-step guide

1. Follow this r5 rooting guide to do Step 1 of the rooting.

That will give you a basic ROM to work with, with root capability.

2. Enable the SD Card functionality. Boot your phone in FASTBOOT mode (back + power), and enter this command: 'fastboot oem enableqxdm 0' . This will re-enable your SD card.

3. Put THIS update.zip on your sdcard.

4. Power off your phone. Hold Volume-Down + Power to turn it on, and select Recovery.

5. When in the screen with the big red exclamation mark, Hold Volume-Up + press Power, and select apply sdcard:update.zip.

6. This will automatically fix your MISC partition with the correct CID. Reboot, and your done!

Credits:

-kubino @ XDA for providing us with the 'misc' information

-TheProfessor @ irc.freenode.net #modaco for being the first test subject + debugging

-adam235 @ irc.freenode.net #modaco for being a test subject as well + debugging

-SgtDavePwnage @ irc.freenode.net #modaco -> moral support + debugging ;)

-DrMon @ irc.freenode.net #modaco -> being brave enough to test on his non-bricked device!

Click here to DONATE :(

NFW, Just went through ALL of this... YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER !!! Buy you a beer, PAYPAL ???

Guest alex_cai92
As most of you know, people have been hard at work to fix the USB issues we've been seeing due to recovery setting us into USB debugmode.

board_bravo.usb_h2w_sw=0

we've been successful in discovering (with the help of XDA-developers) that these switches are stored in the first NAND partition, mtd0, or 'misc'.

Step-by-step guide

1. Follow this r5 rooting guide to do Step 1 of the rooting.

That will give you a basic ROM to work with, with root capability.

2. Enable the SD Card functionality. Boot your phone in FASTBOOT mode (back + power), and enter this command: 'fastboot oem enableqxdm 0' . This will re-enable your SD card.

3. Put THIS update.zip on your sdcard.

4. Power off your phone. Hold Volume-Down + Power to turn it on, and select Recovery.

5. When in the screen with the big red exclamation mark, Hold Volume-Up + press Power, and select apply sdcard:update.zip.

6. This will automatically fix your MISC partition with the correct CID. Reboot, and your done!

Credits:

-kubino @ XDA for providing us with the 'misc' information

-TheProfessor @ irc.freenode.net #modaco for being the first test subject + debugging

-adam235 @ irc.freenode.net #modaco for being a test subject as well + debugging

-SgtDavePwnage @ irc.freenode.net #modaco -> moral support + debugging ;)

-DrMon @ irc.freenode.net #modaco -> being brave enough to test on his non-bricked device!

Click here to DONATE :(

Hello

I was following all the steps until no.5 where the update zip installation was not sucessful.

But when i reboot the phone, it can read the SD Card no problem...

Any idea if this is ok?

Thanks

Guest killerost

board_bravo.usb_h2w_sw=0

Click here to DONATE ;)

Man, you're the best!! And guys, you should donate something to! This is great stuff!

Edited by killerost

Guest Rudolfje
Hello

I was following all the steps until no.5 where the update zip installation was not sucessful.

But when i reboot the phone, it can read the SD Card no problem...

Any idea if this is ok?

Thanks

SD Card is restored after the command in fastboot.

I think flashing the update.zip has to be successful to unbrick completely.

Guest alex_cai92
SD Card is restored after the command in fastboot.

I think flashing the update.zip has to be successful to unbrick completely.

Now the SD card works fine but when I connect to the computer its USB device not recognise and HTC sync also cannot detect the phone as well.

Anybody knows/encounters the unsuccessful installation of update.zip?

Thanks in advance

Guest alex_cai92
Now the SD card works fine but when I connect to the computer its USB device not recognise and HTC sync also cannot detect the phone as well.

Anybody knows/encounters the unsuccessful installation of update.zip?

Thanks in advance

anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest celticone

Ok, I've bricked my Desire so my pc no longer recognizes it and the phone can't see the SD card.

I know i have to do the ‘fastboot oem boot’ part but how??

My PC doesn't recognize the phone, at the moment i've got android 1.0 in the Android USB devices with the yellow problem sign (device manager) against it as the driver/software never loaded when connecting the phone.

I've tried running the Fastboot file from SDK but the screen just flashes up then disappears, so basically I can't get the command prompt up to re enable the SD card.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Guest celticone

Further to my post above, I've used cmd in windows to run the flashboot command but it comes up with waiting for device and still waiting after 5 mins. I guess as the PC can't recognize it as a device command prompt won't ever work??

Guest Rohaq

So after flashing the lastest CM6 build and the gapps zip, I'm stuck on the Cyanogen boot animation, and attempting to load the recovery console goes to an exclamation mark error (probably an effect of using the ClockworkMod recovery console), I'm able to get the Vol Up + Power recovery mode up, but I don't have a card reader to copy the update to my microSD. I'll look for one tomorrow, but in the meantime I've noticed that fastboot has the following option on running it with no parameters:

usage: fastboot [ <option> ] <command>

commands:

update <filename>						reflash device from update.zip

Is it not possible to flash my device over USB? Or would this be a terrible idea? Obviously I'll wait in the meantime, but if anyone can explain why this isn't possible, I'd appreciate it!

Guest Shawe

This method don't work for a Desire from Orange Spain with:

32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2

1.22.75.1 CL164549 release-keys

>fastboot-windows oem qxdm 0

... FAILED (status malformed (1 bytes))

Any idea?

Hi can someone please explain how i do this step? thank you

Enable the SD Card functionality. Boot your phone in FASTBOOT mode (back + power), and enter this command: 'fastboot oem enableqxdm 0' . This will re-enable your SD card.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest delija
Hi can someone please explain how i do this step? thank you

Enable the SD Card functionality. Boot your phone in FASTBOOT mode (back + power), and enter this command: 'fastboot oem enableqxdm 0' . This will re-enable your SD card.

Hello

the same question here, be it Windows or Linux I

unable to run the command ..... :(

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
Guest XClemX

I am wondering about this..

I have a functioning Desire minus the use of the USB thru the PC and I cannot get Bluetooth to stay on...

I don't need to add the SD part and I have root access to my Desire...

Can I skip the steps and add the update.zip and apply?

I just don't really want to bork my now semi working Desire..

Cheers

Guest nickeleo
I am wondering about this..

I have a functioning Desire minus the use of the USB thru the PC and I cannot get Bluetooth to stay on...

I don't need to add the SD part and I have root access to my Desire...

Can I skip the steps and add the update.zip and apply?

I just don't really want to bork my now semi working Desire..

Cheers

I've got exactly the same question..

Best regards

nickeleo

Tried it and it worked!! :D Thank you so much!!

Edited by nickeleo

Guest XClemX
I've got exactly the same question..

Best regards

nickeleo

Tried it and it worked!! :D Thank you so much!!

Yeah me too....Awesome...Finally I am back in business....

cheers to the guys who made this work....

hi been reading this thread for a while.. correct me if im wrong .. so ill just follow the steps on the first post? because on the other posts it says that i need my CID? which one is right?

Guest XClemX
hi been reading this thread for a while.. correct me if im wrong .. so ill just follow the steps on the first post? because on the other posts it says that i need my CID? which one is right?

I didn't use my CID..hope this helps...

this certainly helped me...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest desire_

Hello,

since 2 week, my computer doesn't recognize my phone via USB. I'm root and use rom manager to flash my phone. The script end correctly but USB don't work.

So i tried to enable sd card, don't know how to check it's enable. But when i launch 'fastboot oem enableqxdm 0' i have the message <waiting for device>.

I have the same message with 'fastboot devices'. Need to install something else to launch fastboot when we have an usb brick ?

PS : sorry for my bad english ^^

• 2 weeks later...

I made a brick!

I have a coocked rom. The phone is working, the market OK, the Internet OK, WiFi OK.

... but, is'nt USB and not mount SD card. The PC not recognize my Desire.

What I do?