B7610 ROMs: Experiment Series

Guest daskalos

Guest jakaka

Yeah, I like it. It's a good way to search for some apps. I didn't know about it before. Maybe you can also put it in normal roms, it's not big but i am sure it would help a lot of people

Guest laurenze88

Dear Daskalos

First I want to thank you for all the work that you do for our devices.

But I dont know if it's possible to create a new ROM Experiment 31.

One with wm 6.5.3 or 6.5.5. (I do not care), and Also is it Possible to create it Into Dutch language?

Two months ago, i spent some time in creating a Dutch lite ROM. so if you need help let me know. ( I know how to extract a rom and how it should be repact.) But by my personal circumstances are not ideal, I'd had to put my hobby stop for lack of time.

I like to hear from you ..

Greatz, Laurens

Edited by laurenze88

Guest LycanX

can anyone suggest a good media player for this ROM?????..... Samsung touch player is not working nor does S2P.

or is there any hack to able to successfully run this? i get this error "cannot open as it is not signed by a trusted certificate"

i have disabled security warnings using the advanced configuration tool v3.3 but am not able to use those above apps.

Daskalos, i have a question!!!!! how did u run thee samsung camera app in this ROM? i am thinking the same way we can get to run few more samsung apps?

Edited by LycanX

Guest laurenze88
can anyone suggest a good media player for this ROM?????..... Samsung touch player is not working nor does S2P.

or is there any hack to able to successfully run this? i get this error "cannot open as it is not signed by a trusted certificate"

i have disabled security warnings using the advanced configuration tool v3.3 but am not able to use those above apps.

Daskalos, i have a question!!!!! how did u run thee samsung camera app in this ROM? i am thinking the same way we can get to run few more samsung apps?

Read the post :PLEASE READ FIRST: (that is not for nothing)

This ROM is precisely designed to be used without Samsung apps.

if you ever want to use the samsung apps, this ROM does not work for you. In this ROM anyway you have the windows media player, but if you dont like that? (I dont know why) try to find a media player with Omarket (here you can find free apps)

So I would say try using Omarket, find a player or try to use Another ROM.

Greetz laurens

Guest LycanX
Read the post :PLEASE READ FIRST: (that is not for nothing)

This ROM is precisely designed to be used without Samsung apps.

if you ever want to use the samsung apps, this ROM does not work for you. In this ROM anyway you have the windows media player, but if you dont like that? (I dont know why) try to find a media player with Omarket (here you can find free apps)

So I would say try using Omarket, find a player or try to use Another ROM.

Greetz laurens

Hey Laurens,

i have seen the first post buddy, i was asking for an alternative player....i think if we can use samsung camera app (working one) we can atleast try to work on samsung media player...

i will try to find other freewares.....i really like this rom....have tried s2p but it shows up the same error....i thought it was a problem with DOTNET framework, but this already has the latest one installed.

Guest laurenze88

Try omarket search nitrogen player... the revieuws are good, but files larger than 15mb are not supportet.. overal a great.. genius excellent works like charm love it esta super program...!?!?!

So that could be your solution

Guest Bounser

Hello here a noob. I got my Samsung B7610 2 weeks ago. Im looking for a light rom in dutch. Going to try this one, but i am looking for a windows phone rom in dutch or multi. I already got a light one and a liked it but it was not in dutch. Can you guys help me.

TNX, dank jullie.

ps goede site zeer veel info

Edited by Bounser

Guest Klimto
Hello here a noob. I got my Samsung B7610 2 weeks ago. Im looking for a light rom in dutch. Going to try this one, but i am looking for a windows phone rom in dutch or multi. I already got a light one and a liked it but it was not in dutch. Can you guys help me.

TNX, dank jullie.

ps goede site zeer veel info

There is only one light dutch rom, it is in the topic called Dutch Lite. You can try that one but it's only windows 6.5

Guest cappuccina

I like this ROM! I was really getting used to it! (Trying Hybrid 2 right now)

You have enough storage for all your wishes, you have enough RAM free to use even with a theme activated. You are the one who chooses what to install and don't have too many other things that you wouldn't use anyway! Thats just great!

Just that you couldn't select your own ringtone (only with reg entry, or with resco contact manager ;-) ) and when you are in the sounds and notifications you are not able to get out of that menu! But that was not too bad afterall, there was no need for it anymore!

I wonder if anybody has tried to install Sense on this? I tried so many times now it just won't install.

Or is something missing in this rom so that it could not work!??! ;)

Guest LycanX
I like this ROM! I was really getting used to it! (Trying Hybrid 2 right now)

You have enough storage for all your wishes, you have enough RAM free to use even with a theme activated. You are the one who chooses what to install and don't have too many other things that you wouldn't use anyway! Thats just great!

Just that you couldn't select your own ringtone (only with reg entry, or with resco contact manager ;-) ) and when you are in the sounds and notifications you are not able to get out of that menu! But that was not too bad afterall, there was no need for it anymore!

I wonder if anybody has tried to install Sense on this? I tried so many times now it just won't install.

Or is something missing in this rom so that it could not work!??! ;)

i have created My Ringtones folder in my storage and all the sound files in the folder appeared as ringtones in this experimental rom.

if you select any mp3 as your ringtone from the samsung media player, the My Ringtones folder is automatically created ad that particular song will be copied into that folder.

this is also a good place to keep ur ringtones as they wont appear in your samsung media player.

i havent tried sense but couldn't stay on this as i was not able to install a good media player as good as the samsung media player.

overall the best ROM if u dont want samsung media player.

have moved to my all time favorite hybrid 2.8 :(

Edited by LycanX

Guest cappuccina

Well yes, I don't use Samsungs Media Player. I don't like it. U can't sort by Genre. Or am i wrong?

I have a Folder on My Storage Card called My Ringtones, and it has the same effect. Works with every Rom.

Guest Klimto
Well yes, I don't use Samsungs Media Player. I don't like it. U can't sort by Genre. Or am i wrong?

I have a Folder on My Storage Card called My Ringtones, and it has the same effect. Works with every Rom.

Yea you can't sort by genre with the samsung touch player.

Guest Freezy1982
Just that you couldn't select your own ringtone (only with reg entry...

Yea - nice suggestion! Can you share where this keys are? :(

Ah, and BTW: How to change the WM Theme to a black one ;) My device don't want to accept the setting change to black theme (like the ringtone one).. My fault?

Edited by Freezy1982

Guest cappuccina

Honestly I don't know. I changed several before it worked. You could try this one

HKCU\\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\

and for sms tone you might check under

HKCU\\ControlPanel\Notifications\

one of the options displayed!

It was also Trial and Error for me...

With the Theme I don't know, I installed one and had no problems selecting it! Sorry...

Guest Freezy1982

Thank you for these evidence... I will try (& error) too :( and will report my solutions...

But still no solution with the theme for me... There must be something simple I have forget... ;)

Guest Freezy1982

OK, just 5 days with testing are over and now it's time for a short summary :(

Amazing fast and stable ROM! No Samsung Stuff needed any more (apart from camera app)!

Daskalos - THIS is the right way for a clean and full customizing ROM! (just send you a small donation ;) ) AWESOME WORK!

Test Options: No Apps installed (apart from TRE RegEdit for tweaking and SDK Certs 2.20) Only testing Basics out of the (daskalos-)Box :D

Working:

- Camera (with your Cab)

- Volume Rockers roots to WindowsVolumeControl PERFECT!

- Calls / SMS / Landscape / Alarms / Notifications / Contacts / WiFi / Bluetooth

So let's also summarize my Problems - perhaps you can help me to solve them:

1) Right Softkey (Contacts) doesn't have a function - SOLVED - "Contacts" is missing in \windows => Just copy out of Start Menu and you are done :)

2) Changing Ringtone / Vibration isn't possible for me (like mentioned in Post #8)

3) Changing Windows Theme isn't possible. I can install and select it, but if I click 'ok' or do a restart it doesn't change (but is still selected in settings)

4) .wav files are not rooted to the MediaPlayer (only a reg entry away?)

5) I would like to have the sliding WM6.5-Lockscreen... But if I install this with a cab and to the reg entry to activate it, I only get the old WindowsLock..

Is your Cab from B7620 (Armani WM6.1 Lockscreen) working for this ROM?

THANK YOU!

Guest daskalos
OK, just 5 days with testing are over and now it's time for a short summary :)

Amazing fast and stable ROM! No Samsung Stuff needed any more (apart from camera app)!

Daskalos - THIS is the right way for a clean and full customizing ROM! (just send you a small donation ;) ) AWESOME WORK!

Test Options: No Apps installed (apart from TRE RegEdit for tweaking and SDK Certs 2.20) Only testing Basics out of the (daskalos-)Box ;)

Working:

- Camera (with your Cab)

- Volume Rockers roots to WindowsVolumeControl PERFECT!

- Calls / SMS / Landscape / Alarms / Notifications / Contacts / WiFi / Bluetooth

So let's also summarize my Problems - perhaps you can help me to solve them:

1) Right Softkey (Contacts) doesn't have a function - SOLVED - "Contacts" is missing in \windows => Just copy out of Start Menu and you are done :D

2) Changing Ringtone / Vibration isn't possible for me (like mentioned in Post #8)

3) Changing Windows Theme isn't possible. I can install and select it, but if I click 'ok' or do a restart it doesn't change (but is still selected in settings)

4) .wav files are not rooted to the MediaPlayer (only a reg entry away?)

5) I would like to have the sliding WM6.5-Lockscreen... But if I install this with a cab and to the reg entry to activate it, I only get the old WindowsLock..

Is your Cab from B7620 (Armani WM6.1 Lockscreen) working for this ROM?

THANK YOU!

Thanks for the review and Thank you for your kind generous donation. :(

As for your queries:

#3- I think I removed the themes in the rom,though it is still in the registry settings so it still appears in the theme list. I think the solution for this is getting the cab of the preferred theme somewhere

#4- Oh it's just a reg entry away

#5- I haven't tested installing back 6.5 slide back, but I guess the Armani Lockscreen will install/work fine... And I remember, there is a version of HTC HD Mini lockscreen that will work too

Guest Freezy1982
#3- I think I removed the themes in the rom,though it is still in the registry settings so it still appears in the theme list. I think the solution for this is getting the cab of the preferred theme somewhere

I think I didn't told right in my post ;) :

Your default (turquoise) WM-Theme is correctly installed and working fine. No other Theme is displayed in the Today-Setting-List.

But I would like to have the Samsung Black theme :( If I install this with a cab, it is displayed correctly in the Today-Setting-List. But I cannot select it. It seems that the 'ok' Button doesn't save my Theme change...

Guest laurenze88

Daskalos

Will there be a 6.5.3 or 6.5.5. version? Would be great ..

Thanks anyway

Edited by laurenze88

Guest daskalos
I think I didn't told right in my post ;) :

Your default (turquoise) WM-Theme is correctly installed and working fine. No other Theme is displayed in the Today-Setting-List.

But I would like to have the Samsung Black theme :( If I install this with a cab, it is displayed correctly in the Today-Setting-List. But I cannot select it. It seems that the 'ok' Button doesn't save my Theme change...

Can you check other theme cabs to see if they are not working too?