Cookie's Home Tab 1.7 :How to Edit Home Layout guide

Guest CroatianOmnia

Guest CroatianOmnia

We all know that on our device (Samsung i8000 Omnia II) tapping on the Edit Home Layout button in Cookies HomeTab gives us just a frozen screen and a soft reset.

I found a way how to edit your Home Tab Layout through the registry.

You will need:

A registry editor

Download it here: http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/phmregistryeditor.shtml

Cookies HomeTab v1.7.1.2

Download it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=625483

CHTEditor

Download it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633590

GTX Sense theme (NOT NEEDED! But in my opinion it is much nicer than the standard Sense)

Download it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=666636

Now,install all theese items, Disable HTC Sense in Start->Settings->Home->Items and continue to Step 1.

Step 1

Open PHM Regedit

You should get a layout like in Picture 1

Step 2

Tap on:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> HTC -> Manila -> C00kie -> HomeLevel1

Step 3

Now,in the bottom screen you should see a lot of files labeled with a blue icon. If you have done it right,it should look a long list of files in the lower pat of the screen.

Now scroll down (In the lower screen) a bit until you see a file named Clock.layout. Tap on it.

You should get a screen where you can type the Value Data in.

Step 4

Type in one of the options (From 0 to 5) in the Value Data box

The Value Data 0 gives you a standard Digital Clock and the Weather in the normal position.

The Value Data 1 gives you a standard Digital Clock,but without the Weather.

The Value Data 2 gives you a small Digital Clock,with the Weather positioned just right of it.

The Value Data 3 gives you a small Analog Clock with the weather positioned just right of it.

The Value Data 4 gives you a big Analog Clock without the Weather.

The Value Data 5 gives you both the Analog and the Digital Clock (Digital on the left,analog on the right) And the Weather positioned just below them.

Preview: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=666636

When you are done choosing,click OK and Enable HTC Sense.

If you want to have the Notification Icons,repeat Step 1 and Step 2,and follow the Instructions below

Step 1

Tap on a file named: NotifyIcons.visible

When it opens,change the Value Data from 0 to 1.

Step 2

Tap on a file named: NotifyIcons.posY

If you want the Notification Icons in between the Calendar button and the QuickLinks,type -95 in the Value Data box.

NOTE: You can position it where ever you want,the negative (-) in NotifyIcons.posX moves it to the Left,the positive (Just the number) to the Right

The negative (-) in NotifyIcons.posY moves it down and the positive(Just the number,no - in front of it) up.

Edited by CroatianOmnia

Guest CroatianOmnia

Okay,the HomeTab editing will work perfectly if you install CHT 1.7.1.2 and GTX Sense theme. But some of you don't like the theme,and I simply can't find a way around it. I'm not much of a coder...

Edited by CroatianOmnia

Guest Du5aN

Thanks a lot for this great tutorial! :( I just try it on nOObody and Rapid Sense 2.5 ROM and it works perfect!

Just for info: GTX Sense theme not required to be installed.

Edited by Du5aN

Guest CroatianOmnia

Thank you for the thank yous and for the tip :( no problem,just wanted to do a clean tutorial so i don't have to answer too many questions :(

Guest CroatianOmnia

Well,I might have some good news. For some reason,the edit home layout button just started to work on my phone. It may be because of one .cab file,and it may be that when you change some things in the registry,it starts to work. I'll make a video. Could you guys try to use the edit home tab button after the registry hacks? And please post the resaults here. Thanks!

Guest CroatianOmnia
good for you,but it doesn't work for me. :)

That's no good... you are already the second guy... I'll delete the post,re-flash and try again...

Guest imfino
good for you,but it doesn't work for me. :)

It doesn't work for me either.

Have anyone tried CoOkie's Home Tab 1.8 ? Can we edit these home layout or the phone is still hang?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thegunners
It doesn't work for me either.

Have anyone tried CoOkie's Home Tab 1.8 ? Can we edit these home layout or the phone is still hang?

i've try 1.8.5 it doesn't make the phone hang but it will restart the sense :(

still cannot edit home layout ! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest darkworldzz
If you want the Notification Icons in between the Calendar button and the QuickLinks,type -95 in the Value Data box.

NOTE: You can position it where ever you want,the negative (-) in NotifyIcons.posX moves it to the Left,the positive (Just the number) to the Right

The negative (-) in NotifyIcons.posY moves it down and the positive(Just the number,no - in front of it) up.

how do you type -95 in the box?? it says i can only input 0-40000++.. or on phmreg editor it just turns into some 400000++ value..