04/Jun - Official HTC 2.1 (3.31.751.1 Chungwa Taiwan) multiple repacks + online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sambartle
I tried this and though things seemed to go OK, when phone rebooted it came up asking for "sim network unlock code" then after told me to call customer service. Phone seemed to be working in background but could not access screen etc.

Did a nandroid restore and got back to previous state, relief! But what did I do wrong.

You are on Orange.. You flashed the Radio.

Flash the first zip from the first post without the radio. (Although I would expect it to still be broken when you went back with nandroid if you havent reflashed a different radio back as well)

Just a note if you flash the 2.1 update with radio first.. you can successfully unlock with a code which will then work as I've just done it. You dont need to flash back to use the code. (at least I didn't) - You also dont need an Orange unlock code a normal Hero one will work as you no longer have the Orange Firmware which modifies the code.

One other thing I found on Orange was that I couldnt get the GPS to work at all with an older radio and this update.. although others seem to have it working ok (I tried all the standard fixes but couldnt be bothered to go into more detail so I just ordered the code and unlocked it so I can use the new radio anyways - which makes a HUGE difference to 3G reception on Orange at my desk where it was very very bad on all the older radios)

Edited by sambartle

Guest Vido.Ardes

There are quite few 'issues' coming up in this thread, and I thought I'd clarify some points. Remember, this is just the official ROM with some of the Chinese parts stripped out, and root access enabled.

- Missing Gallery 3D / Live Wallpapers / Friendstream: These elements are NOT part of the official update, which is why they are not included.

- Facebook sync: This works fine, and the pictures are now hi-res instead of being scrambled like they were before

- New Radio locks phone: This only appears to be a problem if you are on Orange UK and your phone is networked locked, everyone else will be fine (in fact I have dramatically improved signal in HSPDA and GPS)

- Battery Life: not sure why people are having problems with this one, I suggest you do a full wipe of everything and try again. I ran CoPilot without my charger for 40 minutes this morning and didn't even lose 10%

I've been running this ROM since Paul released the kitchen and not had a single force close, not had a single reboot, not missed a single call or had to charge it any more than once a night for about 5 hours. Don't get me wrong, I am sure Paul can make it better, but after months of ROM's with greenish camera's, broken facebook sync, broken bluetooth, dodgy GPS, this ROM is an absolute dream.

Vido.Ardes :

- FAcebook sync : The widget works but contact pictures do not show and I can't link my phone contacts to my facebook contacts. When I click on the "link" option nothing shows up.

- Battery life : I haven't tried any other 2.1 rom, I was running MCR 3.2 which gave me 2 days worth of juice. This 2.1 only lasts for one day.

I did a wipe before flashing though I might have forgotten the ext partition. I'll look into it.

Guest Vido.Ardes
Vido.Ardes :

- FAcebook sync : The widget works but contact pictures do not show and I can't link my phone contacts to my facebook contacts. When I click on the "link" option nothing shows up.

- Battery life : I haven't tried any other 2.1 rom, I was running MCR 3.2 which gave me 2 days worth of juice. This 2.1 only lasts for one day.

I did a wipe before flashing though I might have forgotten the ext partition. I'll look into it.

Like I say my facebook sync works fine, and the pics look great when a phone call comes up because they are a proper resolution. Maybe you could try removing your facebook sync details and re-adding them? I don't tend to add the details until I have fully setup the phone so maybe there is a problem with doing it while the contacts are still syncing from google.

Guest Eddie1506
I've been running this ROM since Paul released the kitchen and not had a single force close, not had a single reboot, not missed a single call or had to charge it any more than once a night for about 5 hours. Don't get me wrong, I am sure Paul can make it better, but after months of ROM's with greenish camera's, broken facebook sync, broken bluetooth, dodgy GPS, this ROM is an absolute dream.

Same here, this ROM is just perfect!

Guest sambartle
... I don't tend to add the details until I have fully setup the phone so maybe there is a problem with doing it while the contacts are still syncing from google.

FB Sync works fine for me and I added them whilst it was syncing during the initial setup, so it doesnt appear to be that thats the problem.

Guest jonathanmusto
FB Sync works fine for me and I added them whilst it was syncing during the initial setup, so it doesnt appear to be that thats the problem.

Loving this ROM too, but looking forward to MCR4 for a2sd!! I have another request for MCR4 that would be a nice addition to the kitchen, the ability to choose between sense and LauncherPro!!

Loving this ROM too, but looking forward to MCR4 for a2sd!! I have another request for MCR4 that would be a nice addition to the kitchen, the ability to choose between sense and LauncherPro!!

Just install Home switcher from the market, its does what it says on the the tin! I use it to switch between sense , launcherpro and adw depending on my mood etc, works brilliantly execpt for the home button which asks which app to use, I set sense as the default app and use pinch to bring up multiple windows in the other launchers

Guest _Mazza_
dduk provided the tmobile settings earlier in the thread. They worked for me and I can get HSDPA

Name: T-Mobile UK

APN: general.t-mobile.uk

Proxy:

Port:

Username: t-mobile

Password: **

Server: *

MMSC: http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002

MMS proxy: 149.254.201.135

MMS port: 8080

MCC: 234

MNC: 30

APN type:

Ahhh thanks, got it working now. I put the same settings in last time, but put the password as tm and left server blank. This time I actually put the stars as the password and server and soon after a little H icon popped up.

Thanks for that :)

This rom is pretty much perfect now (as you'd expect) and it's surprisingly fast compared to the official 1.5 roms.

Guest stevenz
I would doubt that live wallpaper / friendstream / 3d gallery will be in an official release if they werent in the ROM at this point I would presume that only work that will be done is localization for example the correct link to the Euro HTC Widgets.

The Hero isn't powerful enough for most Live Wallpapers which is why it's not there. 3D Gallery performance is also probably not very acceptable (unless it's much faster than the version used in leaked ROMs). No reason why FriendStream shouldn't be in there though unless they want to differentiate the Hero and the Legend some more.

Guest dipje
There are a few issues with this ROM that I think will be fixed once an official UK version comes out i.e.

- SIM contacts show in the dialer, even when they have been unchecked from the 'view contacts' menu

- Taiwanese version of the HTC Widgets only available

- No Live Wallpaper

- No Friendstream

- No 3D gallery

- No way to use contact pictures if the contact is linked to Facebook

Not sure if some of the 'issues' are intentional or not, however, hopefully these issues will be sorted when the official UK ROM is released SOON.

Overall the ROM is awesome, but I'm happy to wait a few more days for the official UK ROM to come out...

Live Wallpaper: Is never supposed to work on the Hero

Friendstream: Never supposed to work on hero

3d gallery: Intentionally removed, HTC has added their photo browser just as in 1.5

contact pictures & facebook: works fine here. If I edit a contact, the picture changes to my google-picture and I can modify it. After that, facebook picture is gone.

taiwanese widgets: Ok ok, so Paul forgot to remove a few. All the widgets that are going to be in a WWE rom are there in english. (yeah, you probably won't get the htc news widget, those are all ment for HTC Legend and later devices).

I can only agree with the 1st point on your list, but since I don't have any SMS contacts I'm fine :)

Guest d3rb3rt
Ahhh thanks, got it working now. I put the same settings in last time, but put the password as tm and left server blank. This time I actually put the stars as the password and server and soon after a little H icon popped up.

Thanks for that :)

This rom is pretty much perfect now (as you'd expect) and it's surprisingly fast compared to the official 1.5 roms.

guys,

if you have problems with mising APNs, try this app:

APN Backup & Restore

it saves your APNs to your sdcard from where you can restore them later. works perfectly!

market link: market://search?q=pname:com.riteshsahu.APNBackupRestore

Guest _Mazza_
guys,

if you have problems with mising APNs, try this app:

APN Backup & Restore

it saves your APNs to your sdcard from where you can restore them later. works perfectly!

market link: market://search?q=pname:com.riteshsahu.APNBackupRestore

Installed thanks. Wish they'd incorporate it into mybackup pro, in fact just emailed them the suggestion :)

Edited by _Mazza_

Guest stalins
Installed thanks. Wish they'd incorporate it into mybackup pro, in fact just emailed them the suggestion :)

You can back up these settings with Titanium backup

Guest bunt83

Can you please explain what you mean by this:

contact pictures & facebook: works fine here. If I edit a contact, the picture changes to my google-picture and I can modify it. After that, facebook picture is gone.

Thanks

Guest jonathanmusto
Just install Home switcher from the market, its does what it says on the the tin! I use it to switch between sense , launcherpro and adw depending on my mood etc, works brilliantly execpt for the home button which asks which app to use, I set sense as the default app and use pinch to bring up multiple windows in the other launchers

Hmm, Sense does this anyway when I press the home button... That said, i'm not sure i'd like to completely remove sense since you don't seem to be able to add any of the Widgets to LauncherPro. The ideal would be LauncherPro with sense Widgets!

Like I say my facebook sync works fine, and the pics look great when a phone call comes up because they are a proper resolution. Maybe you could try removing your facebook sync details and re-adding them? I don't tend to add the details until I have fully setup the phone so maybe there is a problem with doing it while the contacts are still syncing from google.

After a little cleaning in the apps and saved datas the facebook sync is working. I don't know exactly what was the trigger but it works !

Guest fsanzl

Hi, I'm already a satisfied user of MCR 3.2. I've just become subscritor because such a good work deserves a reward. I'm wishing for the Eclair MCR. :-)

Thanks!!!

Guest yodablair
Busily working away on MCR 4... probably not today peeps but i'll have it ready as soon as I can. :)

P

Thanks Paul. I'm sure it will be well worth the wait until the time comes for us Hero owners to upgrade our handsets.