04/Jun - Official HTC 2.1 (3.31.751.1 Chungwa Taiwan) multiple repacks + online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Mista0

Sorry to sound like a noob but just to confirm before i poss make a royal cock up I have a rooted t - mobile g2 running RA-hero v1.2.3 with nandroid backup etc and the HTC Generic 2.73.405.66 update.zip plus latest radio.

No am i right in saying that i just need to download the rom and radio paul posted at the top of this thread, rename to update.zip and update as the usual and i will have my hero running 2.1 rooted all a ok????

Just checking with you guys first

Cheers

Steve

Guest Luffarn

thanks Paul!

any chance to add a big APN list?

btw, it's partial localized. eg market is in the correct language but rose, settings etc.

Edited by Luffarn

Guest darms9805

Dear Paul / All,

As for this release, I was curious if there is chinese(simplified) character supported (included pinyin, etc?) As an Asian myself, I'd love MoDaco's software. And also, does it include with Wi-Fi Tethering in this version as I've noticed that previous MCR3.2 has that option checked.

If it's possible, would appreciate if you can upload some screen pictures? Yet, does it work in Malaysia? Thanks for your information.

B.Regards

Darms

Edited by darms9805

Guest eyedrop

Great work, Paul.

I just join MoDaCo as a paid memeber to support your effort.

Now my question is, being a noob, how do I access the online kitchen that you created for this Official HTC 2.1 ROM?

Thanks, looking forward to MCR 4.0 come Monday. :(

Guest paaland
I'll be posting a first cut of MCR 4.0 probably Monday (in kitchen form initially) with de-odex, optimisation, a2sd, cachedalvikcache and a bunch of other bits and bobs. :(

P

Can hardly wait :( Please make the kernel overclockable if you have source access. I've been running Cronos' lately @710 MHz and that rocks. But now that your are back in action I come running like a loyal puppy.

Guest whitedevilo
Can hardly wait :( Please make the kernel overclockable if you have source access. I've been running Cronos' lately @710 MHz and that rocks. But now that your are back in action I come running like a loyal puppy.

yes overclockable kernel is must have :(

Guest danmed

Hi Paul,

Just became an ad free member to use the Kitchen for this.. Ticked all the boxes and downloaded, renamed to update.zip.

Ran a Nandroid backup (was running Radroid previously) and then did a wipe...

Updating fails during copying files :'(

E:Can't chown/mod /system/xbin/su

(No such file or directory)

E:Failure at line 343: set_perm 0 0 04755 SYSTEM:xbin/su

Installation aborted

I have a T-moblie (UK) Hero.. Please help!

Guest Paul

Lots of the requests coming in the MCR version! :(

danmed - you've 'overfilled'... I suspect you didn't disable Chinese Input before enabling English?

Your oven is too full man. :(

P

Guest Zeppu

This is quite possible the most excited I've been in ages.

Paul, will this version be upgradeable to MCR4.0?

Even though, tbh I'm not seeing much point in installing this yet without A2SD. Last time I installed without A2SD by the time I had installed everything I've purchased it was already warning me of low storage. Heh.

Guest Vitch

Damn, MCR on monday, can be true, so long time ago, i hope to read this from Paul !!!

thank a lots for all. the final waiting time will be so hard !!!!!!

Guest Mista0
Sorry to sound like a noob but just to confirm before i poss make a royal cock up I have a rooted t - mobile g2 running RA-hero v1.2.3 with nandroid backup etc and the HTC Generic 2.73.405.66 update.zip plus latest radio.

No am i right in saying that i just need to download the rom and radio paul posted at the top of this thread, rename to update.zip and update as the usual and i will have my hero running 2.1 rooted all a ok????

Just checking with you guys first

Cheers

Steve

Any thoughts??

Guest mac-attack
Just A Quick Heads Up On Orange UK And The New Radio

If You Have Unlocked Your Orange Branded Hero (Like I Have) The Radio Appears To Works Perfectly For You

However For Some Reason Those Of You Who Have A Locked Hero On Orange UK It Seems To Lock Up And You Cant Use These Roms.. However Paul Has Kindly Uploaded A Non-Radio Rom Aswell (Kudos To You)

I'm Sure Many Of You Know This But I Thought Id Post For Those Who Don't As Its Sure To Help Them Choose Which Rom They Can Use

Oh And Paul, Thanks So Much For Uploading And Really Making An Effort With This

DavieGee

Wish id have read this first :(

Guest eyedrop
For anyone still looking for the Kitchen, it is on post 2 of this tread.

Can Ad Free paid member gain access to the kitchen?

Post #2 from Paul is showing up as blank for my user.

Jeac, I see you're a plus member. Do I have to be a Plus member first? Is that my problem?

Edited by eyedrop

Guest danmed
danmed - you've 'overfilled'... I suspect you didn't disable Chinese Input before enabling English?

Rebaked and trying now :( Cheers Paul

Guest Luffarn
Can Ad Free paid member gain access to the kitchen?

Post #2 from Paul is showing up as blank for my user.

Ctrl+F5 (forced refresh) the page. Or try to logout, close browser and login again.