04/Jun - Official HTC 2.1 (3.31.751.1 Chungwa Taiwan) multiple repacks + online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest beersoft

Good work Paul

now i have to decide on giving you my beer money for some MCR4 action or getting nicely drunk in the sunshine again ;-)

later

Owen

Guest kingkeld

A less significant, but really nice feature I would like to see:

Can you please disable the 10 contact limit om SMS and MMS messages? I like to spam ALL my friends in one go! (Think about New Year's Eve!)

Thanks,

Kingkeld.

Guest eyedrop

Thanks guys. I now know why the kitchen doesn't show up for me.

My company firewall blocked it. :(

I was able to see it in the web browser on my Hero.

I'll give it a shot when I get home tonight.

Guest descenpet
4 me when i connect via USB i can't use as disk drive... :(

same :(

EDIT: got it sorted.. i was not getting the "connect to pc" menu when plug in USB. seems like HTC sync is needed to be included when cooking kitchen rom. cooked another with sync included and flashed without wiping worked for me.

Edited by descenpet

Guest HeroB00N

Hi guys!

Just installed the recommended ROM+Radio and everything is cool.

BUT: I'm in Germany and even though MoreLocale2 oder something similar is already installed, not everything (e.g. dat, "Favorites" instead of "Favoriten", "Settings" instead of "Einstllungen") is translated.

Will everything be translated in a later repack? Or is it necessary to install the official German Hero ROM for that?

Hi Paul

Thank a lot for your work. Everything works perfectly and fast except the mobile network and music control via the earphone

- I couldn't connect to mobile network :( When I tick on "Mobile network", it takes quite long time "turning on..." then "Use phone for data connection when Wi-Fi is unavailable". I'm in Sweden and on Sweden 3G Tele2, dont know if there is some special setting or not. (Wifi and making calls work fine).

- I used to use the control buttons on the earphone to pause and play the next/previous song but now they no longer work.

Any suggestions?

Guest Baggieboy

I can't get 3G data on O2 to work. I've set up the APN as it should be (mobile.o2.co.uk) but am only getting GPRS. On the old 1.5 Android there was a "Use 2G Network only" but I can't find a setting in 2.1.

Guest Luffarn
Hi Paul

Thank a lot for your work. Everything works perfectly and fast except the mobile network and music control via the earphone

- I couldn't connect to mobile network :( When I tick on "Mobile network", it takes quite long time "turning on..." then "Use phone for data connection when Wi-Fi is unavailable". I'm in Sweden and on Sweden 3G Tele2, dont know if there is some special setting or not. (Wifi and making calls work fine).

- I used to use the control buttons on the earphone to pause and play the next/previous song but now they no longer work.

Any suggestions?

You probably have to add the APN settings manually. That was the case for me (Telia).

Guest cezent

tried apply update.zip without wipe, get Force Close everywhere when the phone rebooted..anyone else have the same issue?

Guest klutsh
I can't get 3G data on O2 to work. I've set up the APN as it should be (mobile.o2.co.uk) but am only getting GPRS. On the old 1.5 Android there was a "Use 2G Network only" but I can't find a setting in 2.1.

Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Mode

WCDMA Only = 3G/HSDPA only

GSM Only = 2G only

GSM/WCDMA auto = auto switch between the 2.

Guest fredphoesh
Taking out all the proxy settings seems to get this working!

Hi there and thanks for the apn settings!

they worked for me WITH the proxy settings, have not tried without yet...

CHEERS!

Mark.

Guest gegegwt

eh, so im getting stuck in a eternal boot loop, any idea whats going on? :(

not enough room for all my apps on internal memory perhaps?

EDIT: Wipe and wipe dalvik cache and it seems to be working ^^

Edited by gegegwt

Guest Baggieboy

I suspect my current location is not in a good 3G area, I moved about and the data connection did briefly switch from "G" to "H".

Guest cezent
tried apply update.zip without wipe, get Force Close everywhere when the phone rebooted..anyone else have the same issue?

update: wipe takes all the FC away

Guest venturerider

This ROM is perfect. Absolutely everything I use (I stripped out a lot of stuff!) works perfectly, and with a GSM ROM, no more bs with MMS and stuff. Everything worked right out of the box. The kernel toggles between 480 and 528 when on and goes down to 245 when the screen is off. It's perfect that way. I don't use compcache or A2SD or VPN and I don't want to overclock, so I'll see what any enhancements will be available with MCR4.0, but I can't think of anything I need! I added VoiceDial and VoiceSearch. It fluid and snappy and fast (enough). It's perfect, I say!

Thanks, Paul.

Edited by venturerider

Guest Andcr

this rom is indeed very nice

I'm really glad Paul was so fast in providing a kitchen already for it

thanks for the fast handling Paul!

I do look forward to MCR4 as I'm missing my OpenVPN binaries now

and am also curious about what will be tweaked some more :(