04/Jun - Official HTC 2.1 (3.31.751.1 Chungwa Taiwan) multiple repacks + online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest darksabian

nice work paul!!! this rom is really nice!!!!

i hope you get some kind of reward for this..

thank you very much dude

Guest mifran

hi paul i have wiped the dalvik cache and sd ext but the cooked rom wifi will not connect it just goe's round a getting address/ failed loop but the recommended rooted with radio works fine also all my contacts are showing as google with none on the phone i have tried editing the contacts and importing but they will not show on the phone view

mifran

Guest mifran
I can't get 3G data on O2 to work. I've set up the APN as it should be (mobile.o2.co.uk) but am only getting GPRS. On the old 1.5 Android there was a "Use 2G Network only" but I can't find a setting in 2.1.

hi go to settings>>wireless&networks>>mobile networks>>network mode>> select gsm only

mifran

Guest apognu

Hi,

Well, as everyone else, this update is simply wonderful. I just had one tiny issue with adding an IMAP account. I managed to get around it though.

For those who might encounter the same problem, here's a description of what what happening:

When trying to add a IMAP over SSL (port 993) account, the configuration wizard would - after displaying the loading wheel - remain on the incoming server options page, without any error message.

The same would happen on the outgoing options page, when trying to set up the SMTP over STARTTLS account.

The way I found to go around it is to specify an completely invalid server name or connection option (in my case, I disabled encryption), so the wizard shows you the "Unable to connect (...)" screen, with a "Continue" button. Hit that button for both incoming and outgoing server. When done, mail will not come in, but you'll be able to change the options from the Mail application. Oddly, from there, when I restores the correct parameters, no problem was encountered.

Hoping this will help someone.

Edit: I went and check my server logs when the problem showed up, and it showed the following:

2010-06-05T09:22:28.260259+02:00 postfix/smtpd[31862]: [WARNING] warning: TLS library problem: 31862:error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number:s3_pkt.c:293:

2010-06-05T09:22:28.260756+02:00 postfix/smtpd[31862]: [iNFO] lost connection after STARTTLS from <host>[<ip>]

2010-06-05T09:22:28.261107+02:00 postfix/smtpd[31862]: [iNFO] disconnect from <host>[<ip>]

Just putting it there for reference. Unfortunately, I don't quite have time to go deep into it.

Guest essamo

i have trouble connecting to exchange server. it gives me this error " failed to create account. Please try again later". i have tried many times and it all failed. Does anyone have a clue?

Guest subhramani
Hi,

Well, as everyone else, this update is simply wonderful. I just had one tiny issue with adding an IMAP account. I managed to get around it though.

For those who might encounter the same problem, here's a description of what what happening:

When trying to add a IMAP over SSL (port 993) account, the configuration wizard would - after displaying the loading wheel - remain on the incoming server options page, without any error message.

The same would happen on the outgoing options page, when trying to set up the SMTP over STARTTLS account.

The way I found to go around it is to specify an completely invalid server name or connection option (in my case, I disabled encryption), so the wizard shows you the "Unable to connect (...)" screen, with a "Continue" button. Hit that button for both incoming and outgoing server. When done, mail will not come in, but you'll be able to change the options from the Mail application. Oddly, from there, when I restores the correct parameters, no problem was encountered.

Hoping this will help someone.

Edit: I went and check my server logs when the problem showed up, and it showed the following:

Just putting it there for reference. Unfortunately, I don't quite have time to go deep into it.

I use Google Apps for my website. IMAP email worked absolutely fine for me.

Guest DiJu

Hey I found out 2 bugs. And I think they are related to my choices in the kitchen.

I did'nt picked up the HTC Sync and now, when I plug the USB to my PC there is no possibility to mount the SD card from the phone. And worst: under setting, when i select "connect to PC" setting FCs.

I did'nt picked up Flickr sync, but flickr is everywhere still present and make the pictures app unstable.

If this could help to cook the 4.0, i'll be happy.

Guest bunt83

Ok I've wiped and flashed and have noticed a couple of issues:

- The sim contacts are viewable in the contacts (when accessing through the dialer) even though I've unchecked the option from the 'People' app

- Google Nav doesn't work as the 'Voice Search' isn't included in the ROM. I presume I just have to install the .apk??

- I can't seem to find the option to link a contact to their Facebook profile but NOT use their Facebook photo. Any ideas??

- No 3D gallery. Again I presume I need to install the .apk

Guest xjairusx

what version of maps is included? nav will not work as far as i'm aware in the uk due to licensing issues unless you upload the brutmaps apk instead of the default google maps app? As well as voice, any clarification on nav possibilities would be awesome! Going away later today and wondering whether to flash this quickly first! lol.

Guest James_Lin

hi guys, if i dont choose the sense ui, when should i push the launcher apk? also i cant seem to find the launcher pro apk from my phone, where would it be? cheers.

Guest Togsy

ok I am kinda a n00b to this, i am currently running a Villainrom 2.1 rom and i think i know what to do to use this rom, but will I still have root after this?, because I got a bit confused as lots of people said don't flash official rom, and this looks official.

Sorry if it is a retarted question. :(

Guest stevenz
If you use another launcher (like Launcher Pro) it will work :(

The launcher is not the only component using SenseUI.

Also, JIT isn't very friendly with 2.1, much less 2.1 with Sense.

Guest stevenz
ok I am kinda a n00b to this, i am currently running a Villainrom 2.1 rom and i think i know what to do to use this rom, but will I still have root after this?, because I got a bit confused as lots of people said don't flash official rom, and this looks official.

It's repacked, the official is the OTA. The one that says "rooted" probably will give you root access...

Guest crabman

This Rom scores 134.000 points in the softweg benchmark

The original RUU scored 155.00 and my Raidroid about 215.000 ????

Furthermore even if I download more locale the german language does not work

and i am not able to overclock my CPU.

Please make these points working :-)

Guest Higgsy

when people say dont flash the ruu, they mean dont flash the official release, the one where you download an exe file connect your phone to your PC and flash - that will remove your recovery image, root etc. What devs will do/have done is extracted the rom from that ruu and packaged it up in an update.zip format that you can flash using your recovery image like any other rom. Do a nandroid backup of your current set up, wipe and then flash the version with root, then you can restore your old rom if needed, what you will have is the stock rom, with no/little tweaks.

Guest Higgsy
This Rom scores 134.000 points in the softweg benchmark

The original RUU scored 155.00 and my Raidroid about 215.000 ????

Furthermore even if I download more locale the german language does not work

and i am not able to overclock my CPU.

Please make these points working :-)

all paul has done here is pack the official update into an update.zip format, this isnt a MCR at the moment, so has no/little tweaks. IMO this official release is no way as good as the SenseHero I am using, however once devs start tweaking, then no doubt it will be. You can't overclock as it have the standard kernel with no tweaks. I suppose you could try flashing one of the tweaks 2.1 kernels such as Bens or Stickman89's

Guest Togsy
when people say dont flash the ruu, they mean dont flash the official release, the one where you download an exe file connect your phone to your PC and flash - that will remove your recovery image, root etc. What devs will do/have done is extracted the rom from that ruu and packaged it up in an update.zip format that you can flash using your recovery image like any other rom. Do a nandroid backup of your current set up, wipe and then flash the version with root, then you can restore your old rom if needed, what you will have is the stock rom, with no/little tweaks.

thank you very much, do i name it update.zip or can i just flash it normally like any other ROM?

Guest Higgsy
thank you very much, do i name it update.zip or can i just flash it normally like any other ROM?

flash normal like anything else as if it was the villainrom you are using now

Guest Togsy

ok so i flashed this rom, ( i baked one myself) and i got "network locked" i have heard about this, I am on Orange uk, is it because maybe i clicked use new radio when i baked it, should i bake another one but not use new radio?

Guest chylos

I flashed this and i can't sync with google . Also market app does not work any ideas ? I am fromturkey and using turkcell

Guest Andy1984UK

Hi

Another noob question... Do the files in Pauls first post contain things such as Google Maps, PDF viewer, stocks ect or is that the whole point of the kitchen?

Thanks in advance.

Andy