[ROM] Rooted Vodafone UK ROM (1.32.161.4)

Guest james194zt

Guest james194zt

All,

Here is the latest Vodafone UK ROM, mainly for all who are concerned about their warranty!

The only difference between this ROM and the OTA version is that this version is rooted and compatible with Pauls root method. Just upload to your memory card and run the releavant recovery instructions (see Paul's rooted post for more info).

Link is here

Usual disclaimer....

I am not responsible for any damage to your phone, this ROM is suppled as is with no warranty!

Have Fun!!

Guest tripledes
All,

Here is the latest Vodafone UK ROM, mainly for all who are concerned about their warranty!

The only difference between this ROM and the OTA version is that this version is rooted and compatible with Pauls root method. Just upload to your memory card and run the releavant recovery instructions (see Paul's rooted post for more info).

Link is here

Usual disclaimer....

I am not responsible for any damage to your phone, this ROM is suppled as is with no warranty!

Have Fun!!

Thank you!!! I've been trying for some days but I got to an scenario that without any "bootloader friendly key" I couldn't do it....I needed to sign the ROM....thank you!

EDIT: BTW, I will try it when my phone will be back from VF, my Legend was unable to make or get any call....when I tried to call I just listened a "beep" and the phone hanging up when anyone tried to call me they got busy phone...but everything else was working, SMS, Data, etc...I have seen other VF ES customers writing about the same issue on other forums.

Edited by tripledes

Guest SiMSiMoN
All,

Link is here

Usual disclaimer....

Have Fun!!

Hi, thanks for the rooted ROM, we've been waiting this f**** ROM for a long time but can be more accurate on the way to acomplish the operation ?

If i understand your post, we just need to replace the rootedupdate.zip inm the r4 modaco package by your archive renamed to rootedupdate.zip ?

In my case i've got a French Vodafone 1.32 ROM (SFR), can i root my phone with u'r version ? The UK and FR 1.32 ROM are the same ?

Thanks for u'r reply.

Regards.

Guest zakengen

Hi james194zt

thanks for sharing

i have one question pleas

what do you mean by compatible with Pauls root method

will this rom

* enable me to have write access to the /system partition in normal use of the device

would you confirm that pleas

cause my rom is 1.31 im waiting this ability enables me to have write access to the /system partition in normal use of the device using adb

and any how thanks for sharing your work :)

Edited by zakengen

Guest ilos

Hi !

how this rom was rooted ? Paul has just provided a methode for 1.31..

Thanks for your reply :)

Edited by ilos

Guest tripledes

Actually the rooting process is quite simple, adding binary/ies, little modding here, little modding there....the hard is to find the way to flash it to the device without release keys or something else the bootloader'd take...

The thing I don't really know I how the hell Paul got something flashed to the device avoiding the signature check....

Hi !

how this rom was rooted ? Paul has just provided a methode for 1.31..

Thanks for your reply :)

Guest james194zt

This ROM only works with Pauls root method, you first need to apply the standard root that you find pinned to the top of the forum. Once completed you copy this to your SD card and run the recovery-windows, recovery-linux or recovery-mac (depends on your poison of operating system) that is in Pauls root folder.

Once complete you should see the flash loader screen, select flash from SD card and then select this ROM and let it work its magic.

The ROM itself is rooted but it requires Pauls magic trick on the phone which removes the signature check on the phone allowing you to flash whatever ROM you want (including this one) from the flash menu.

Hope that helps clear things up

James

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aguii_0

but I understand then that to get this rom is needed rooteo method first with the version 1.31 ...., paul because the method is only compatible if you have that version or lower, so that we have the version 1.32 .. Vodafone UK we can not make the entire process of paul and we will leave the recovery to flash this rom. Am I wrong? or you can replace in Step 2 of Paul this. zip to root?

Greetings.