19/Aug - Streak 1.6 downloads / how-tos (ROM / Superboot / Recovery)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest manuell

Is there any way I can get the original recovery image from the US Beta streak? I have only been able to load the recovery image which Paul posted here, but it only permits the loading of UK software.

Guest hdbueller

I am going to try to get an answer for this.....again! I have build 3562 and there is no Superboot download listed for that build. Will one of these work for me?

I am also trying to install the recovery image but keep getting an error "Cannot load 'recovery-clockwork-streak.img' "

Help please.....

Guest hdbueller

Just a question.....

I am trying to install Koush's recovery image but keep getting an error "Cannot load 'recovery-clockwork-streak.img' "

Help please..... I wanna root my baby...... :(

BTW, my build number is 3562

Edited by hdbueller

Guest fards
Just a question.....

I am trying to install Koush's recovery image but keep getting an error "Cannot load 'recovery-clockwork-streak.img' "

Help please..... I wanna root my baby...... :(

BTW, my build number is 3562

how are you trying to install it ?

Guest hdbueller
how are you trying to install it ?

Followed the instructions posted here. I put the unit in the fastboot mode, double click the install-recovery-windows file and get the pop up cmd window that starts up just fine! Then it gives the error message.

I installed the superboot first....there is not a version of it listed for my build, but either one of the 2 listed files appears to work properly. I do get the message that says it installed properly.

Edited by hdbueller

Guest fards

From what I understand the recovery is build independent..

are you using windows/linux/mac ?

if in windows copy the entire folder to C: drive

then press start type cmd

then in the command shell

cd C:\

cd 1.8.17-clockworkrecovery/

install-recovery-windows.bat

what happens ?

Guest hdbueller
From what I understand the recovery is build independent..

are you using windows/linux/mac ?

if in windows copy the entire folder to C: drive

then press start type cmd

then in the command shell

cd C:\

cd 1.8.17-clockworkrecovery/

install-recovery-windows.bat

what happens ?

Same as before.....it starts up and then gives the cannot load img error...... also,when I tried to install superboot, it never gives me the superuser request screen.....hmmm

Edited by hdbueller

Guest hdbueller
Same as before.....it starts up and then gives the cannot load img error...... also,when I tried to install superboot, it never gives me the superuser request screen.....hmmm

Okay....from what I have been reading in the forums, the problem is that superboot seems to not work on builds below 3883. So is there a way without rooting to upgrade to a newer build?

Guest hdbueller
I am going to try to get an answer for this.....again! I have build 3562 and there is no Superboot download listed for that build. Will one of these work for me?

I am also trying to install the recovery image but keep getting an error "Cannot load 'recovery-clockwork-streak.img' "

Help please.....

UPDATE: I finally got tired of not finding the answers to my rooting issues and did a little web searching for a solution. I found that my issues seem to be build related. As I had build 3562, I was not able to use the superboot and recovery files in the normal manor. I did find a really great app/tool to handle this issue and do the rooting! After that, I was able to flash the recovery and the Modaco rom from the kitchen with no problems!! :(

I'm a happy boy now............ :( :P

Guest gadjet110
Cancel the above request.

After sifting through the varous posts here I realised that 2,772 KB stock recovery image is not supposed to be the full rom but is the stock dell startup/recovery prog that fires up when you start the phone holding down the volume buttons and hitting the power button. As for the full rom, nearest I got to the original was the unrooted 4399 build which can be found at http://mobileupdate.dell.com/LatestBuild/LatestBuild_21.html. Changed the name of this to update.pkg stuck it on the SD card and used Dell's recovery screen to load it.

On another note, after restoring everything to factory defauts ready for return I took a closer look at the screen and realised that the bubbling was actually a factory installed screen protector - nothing wrong with the glass. Ho Hum, feel a bit of a num nut but hope this post helps out anybody else who want's to get back to a stock build...

Hi davehod and paul.

I have a stock o2 3883 rom untouched (not rooted/no custom recovery etc) , can i use the below to get a clean unbranded 4399 rom?

HOW TO RESTORE YOUR STREAK BACK TO FACTORY CONDITION:

1. Download the stock recovery ROM here and the stock official Dell ROM here.

2. Rename the stock official Dell ROM 'Update.pkg' and put it in the root directory on your SD card.

3. Boot Streak in fastboot mode (hold camera button when turning on), press 'Fastboot Mode' button, wait 10 seconds then connect to your PC (must have Dell PC suite installed).

4. Open a command prompt, navigate to the folder where your 'fastboot-windows.exe' is stored.

5. Type 'fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c flash recovery c:\recovery.stock.img' . Make sure the .img file is in c:\ directory. The program will now update the recovery image on your Streak.

6. Once the phone reads 'Recovery Done', remove the battery and insert it again.

7. Boot Streak in Recovery mode (hold down vol up and vol down when turning on) and select option 2.

5. Wait till it installs and itll boot into Android....DONE!

Many thanks in advance...:(

Edited by gadjet110

Guest popetodd

Is there a fastboot available for Linux as well or will I have to build a Win machine just for this only to tear it down again after I finish?

Guest parcsalooc
UPDATE: I finally got tired of not finding the answers to my rooting issues and did a little web searching for a solution. I found that my issues seem to be build related. As I had build 3562, I was not able to use the superboot and recovery files in the normal manor. I did find a really great app/tool to handle this issue and do the rooting! After that, I was able to flash the recovery and the Modaco rom from the kitchen with no problems!! :(

I'm a happy boy now............ :( :P

what app did you use?

Guest freed12

hello and the first time I participate, sorry but I do not know the English translation. here's my question: if everything goes ok tomorrow I'll be with your streak, the point and I have to do the root to install software that enlarges, question: I know that will come out soon upgrade to Frøya in that case can I update it even after root? hello thanks

Guest baobaotei7
I am not sure that I can say here.....I will pm you the info.

Hi hdbueller,

I also own a US beta dell streak and it has the build of 3562. Can you please also PM me the tool you use to modify your build to use the superboot. Thank you

Guest freed12

ok thanks Rest and normal loads while Lucette three buttons remain lit?

here I am, reading carefully read the fact that the root is not complete so I wonder if anything will be possible after the root install fonts siz.per me essential to use the handheld

Edited by freed12

Guest majik8ball
Hi hdbueller,

I also own a US beta dell streak and it has the build of 3562. Can you please also PM me the tool you use to modify your build to use the superboot. Thank you

Hello hdbueller ,

can I get in on the action too... please pm me the app

thanks in advance

J

Guest EMOrtal
I am not sure that I can say here.....I will pm you the info.

Hi hdbueller,

I also own a US beta dell streak and it has the build of 3562.

Would it be possible to PM me the tool name/link as well.

Thank you!