19/Aug - Streak 1.6 downloads / how-tos (ROM / Superboot / Recovery)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest freed12

hello I sweat like a sponge on the root of mine, I used 4399, now I have a strange problem the two buttons and flashing lights up only the middle one and normal? the remainder failed root

Edited by freed12

Guest geek78

@Paul : will we have to wait a leaked 6167 build to have the superboot or can we help you by dumping our firmware (with your help :) ) ?

thanks

Guest fards
ilmioe just build a 6267 but I did, orail point and why the three LEDs flash and then turned off leaving only the middle one?

whos just built a 6267?

Guest parcsalooc
ilmioe just build a 6267 but I did, orail point and why the three LEDs flash and then turned off leaving only the middle one?

I think we need a better verbal translation first

Guest geek78

seems to be the same issue as on the other thread : the 4399 superboot is not a good idea with a 6267 build :)

So i haven't tried to root my streak (6267 build inside) ...

Guest vivanno

hello everybody :D

Do you know if we have got some news about black screen after choose recovery boot ?

Maybe another recovery image is available for another developper ?

Do you know if it exits another solution to backup the dell streak official system ?

thank you. :D

hello everybody :D

Do you know if we have got some news about black screen after choose recovery boot ?

Maybe another recovery image is available for another developper ?

Do you know if it exits another solution to backup the dell streak official system ?

thank you. :D

use the original 1.8 recovery and it works fine.

Guest greenmgf

Hi every one i am trying to recover my streak back to factory but can not get the clockwork recover tool removed i have followed the details above but all i ever get is Start writing RECOVER and it just sits there on the phones screen. I have rebooted and it just goes back to clockwork recovery. I am using a mac if there is something different i need to do. Thanks Alex.

Guest memnoch89

Hi all,

I have a problem. I rooted my streak with one clic method, but when I put the streak on bootloader mod to change the recovery, the streak is blocked at the step : "wait for usb fastboot detect" and nothing else happen.

Does somebody have an idea ?

thank you

Guest vivanno
use the original 1.8 recovery and it works fine.

Original 1.8 recovery ok but where is it ? :D On the first post of this topic, here ? If is it, doesn't work on my dell (EU-6267) :D

Thank's you for your help ! ;)

EDIT: Fixed, it's ok, my error : we must to remove battery before flash recovery. If i don't do that,i have got a black screen ! :D

Edited by vivanno

I am not sure that I can say here.....I will pm you the info.

I've got the US beta as well. Any chance someone can PM the info?

Thanks in advance :D

Guest brotato

I just tried the 4399 root on my new AT&T 6601 Streak and both the home and middle button leds are flashing constantly. Root did not seem to work and I am now trying to figure out how to reset the phone. I am new to android so if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it!

Guest brotato
I just tried the 4399 root on my new AT&T 6601 Streak and both the home and middle button leds are flashing constantly. Root did not seem to work and I am now trying to figure out how to reset the phone. I am new to android so if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it!

I am still not rooted but I managed to get the flashing led problem fixed! Thanks to fards at xda (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=7627686&postcount=18)

Guest Uberfish
Original 1.8 recovery ok but where is it ? :D On the first post of this topic, here ? If is it, doesn't work on my dell (EU-6267) :D

Thank's you for your help ! ;)

EDIT: Fixed, it's ok, my error : we must to remove battery before flash recovery. If i don't do that,i have got a black screen ! :D

I don't understand, can you post the exact steps you used to fix this? I am doing it like this...

1) Load into fastboot, flash the stock recovery.

2) After flash, remove battery

3) load into recovery mode, select opetion 2

4) Nothing happens. Black screen. Streak appears to be bricked and have to remove battery.

People keep saying use clockwork recovery 1.8 but no one says where to get it. Can someone please tell me where clockwork 1.8 is since 1.8.1.7 just gives me a black screen. I have searched but haven't found 1.8 for the Dell Streak.

Thanks.

Guest courtlandre
People keep saying use clockwork recovery 1.8 but no one says where to get it. Can someone please tell me where clockwork 1.8 is since 1.8.1.7 just gives me a black screen. I have searched but haven't found 1.8 for the Dell Streak.

Thanks.

Seriously?

Seriously?

Serious as a heart attack. Clearly I must be missing something, and I don't consider myself a fool, so please enlighten me. If you are going to spend your time on a reply like 'Seriously' you could just as easily given the answer I'm looking for. I'm not the only one in this thread confused as to where this original 1.8 is. Either someone worded a response incorrectly or I'm completely oblivious (certainly possible).

Either there is a 1.8.0 version of Clockwork Recovery or people mean the recovery img that comes with the original zip file in the link in the first post (which doesn't do a backup).

If anyone can point me in the proper direction, or explain to me where I'm going wrong in my interpretation I'd appreciate it.

Edited by EZ44

Guest pug11111
4993 added! :D

P

i can get it to run using command prompt it just keeps coming up saying fastboot is not a recognised internal or external command ive got it rooted with koush recovery can you help please

Guest vivanno
I don't understand, can you post the exact steps you used to fix this? I am doing it like this...

1) Load into fastboot, flash the stock recovery.

2) After flash, remove battery

3) load into recovery mode, select opetion 2

4) Nothing happens. Black screen. Streak appears to be bricked and have to remove battery.

Hello,

Begin edit :

my dell streak is européenne version, no simlock, firmware was 6267

: end edit

Process :

- download the archive from the first post

- uncompress the archive fromage

- shutdown your dell

- unplug your dell

- remove the battery (few seconds)

- insert the battery

- press camera button + on button

- choose fastboot mode

- waiting few seconds

- plug your dell on the computer

- launche the recovery

I did excatly this process.

Note: this recovery image doesn't work correctly. You can't save by nandroid. :D

Edited by vivanno

Guest Uberfish
i can get it to run using command prompt it just keeps coming up saying fastboot is not a recognised internal or external command ive got it rooted with koush recovery can you help please

instead of fastboot type fastboot-windows.exe (that's the program name).