[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest Glycerin

Ok... at a2sd check the script write: to enable swap type a2sd swap...

Thank you!

But i cannot use them because a2sd fill my swap up to 32MB (the full swap size) and the phone is very slow... with swapper it runs perfect!

Do you know whats wrong?

Guest Totyasrác
a2sd reswap

is the command to enable swap :lol:

You mean after boot (even if it appears to be running and the help says a2sd swap/noswap) I should give a try to a2sd reswap?

That should do the trick?

Is there anyone out there satisfied with a2sd swap functionality?!

Error missing file: system/media/audio/notification//Message-Incoming.ogg when installing FLB1.6.

When I use Clockwork, the first boot up is fine. And then I use Rom manager to partition SD (swap-32 and ext-512) and reboot. it stay in "bootanimation" and restart again and again.

When I use aromra, it will show "Error missing file: system/media/audio/notification//Message-Incoming.ogg" when installing.

Please help! :lol:

Error missing file: system/media/audio/notification//Message-Incoming.ogg when installing FLB1.6.

Amon_RA recovery? I'll have to fix the manifest and resign the zip, and upload it again.

You mean after boot (even if it appears to be running and the help says a2sd swap/noswap) I should give a try to a2sd reswap?

That should do the trick?

Is there anyone out there satisfied with a2sd swap functionality?!

I believe the command was changed. I'm not happy with the swap method but I don't know any other methods that work.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest goce.nakov
Amon_RA recovery? I'll have to fix the manifest and resign the zip, and upload it again.

I believe the command was changed. I'm not happy with the swap method but I don't know any other methods that work.

Yeah...AmonRa

But I installed Froyo so ... :lol: doesn't matter

I just applied the swap kernal to my flb 1.5. I did the swap using swapper 2 as I was not sure how to do it the other way even though my sd is partitioned lol. I am not sure a2sd is working though I have 40mb free in phone staorage and I have several apps installed inc co pilot which would just crash before but now it runs perfect so swap must be working and I have 32mb of memory free and it feels faster.

Thanks so much this is great and until a 2.2 version is running with everything working I will be sticking with it :lol:

Guest fredewis

hay fib i downloaded the kernel to flb1.41 rom so how do i know swap is working i have used swapper 2 ...but when i use the emulater a2sd check it says no swap found ...? anyway of knowing if it is enable

Guest karlosoliveira

i download flb 1.6 and make full wipe. did install zip from sd card and it installed. reboot and don´t pass the "android" screen.

i´m using Sunrise 2.1 Red Bull mobile rom in u8230.

the phone don´t boot up.

Guest sparky71a
i download flb 1.6 and make full wipe. did install zip from sd card and it installed. reboot and don´t pass the "android" screen.

i´m using Sunrise 2.1 Red Bull mobile rom in u8230.

the phone don´t boot up.

Yep same here....any ideas anyone?

How long did you leave it? It will take a minute or longer to get past the android logo on the first boot. If it still doesn't boot check the logs using the Android SDK ddms tool. If they are blank then it's probably the kernel not liking your phone. The only option would be to go back to FLB 1.5 and try flashing the swap kernel.

hello,

i have a problem from update 1.5 to version 1.6

when i will update the rom i get the following error:

ClockworkMod Recovery v.2.5.0.4

-- Installing: SDCARD:flb/flbmod_v1.6.zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Installing update...

Formatting CACHE...

Deleting files...

Deleting files...

Copying files...

E: Failure at line 5:

copy_dir Package:data Data:

Installation aborted.

Does i need a wipe to default settings ???

i will not loose my user settings...

thanks

hello,

i have a problem from update 1.5 to version 1.6

when i will update the rom i get the following error:

ClockworkMod Recovery v.2.5.0.4

-- Installing: SDCARD:flb/flbmod_v1.6.zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Installing update...

Formatting CACHE...

Deleting files...

Deleting files...

Copying files...

E: Failure at line 5:

copy_dir Package:data Data:

Installation aborted.

Does i need a wipe to default settings ???

i will not loose my user settings...

thanks

To upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6 all you have to do is flash the new kernel. That is the only difference.

Guest sparky71a
How long did you leave it? It will take a minute or longer to get past the android logo on the first boot. If it still doesn't boot check the logs using the Android SDK ddms tool. If they are blank then it's probably the kernel not liking your phone. The only option would be to go back to FLB 1.5 and try flashing the swap kernel.

Left it 15mins nothing doing, thats the first time my handset hasn't like anything.

Back to 1.5 and try the flash kernel

Guest fredewis

hay flib i dloaded the kernel for swap to the 1.41rom..it should still work? also how do i know swapper 2 is working? i press the on botton but tryed the emulater a2sd check n said no swap found

hay flib i dloaded the kernel for swap to the 1.41rom..it should still work? also how do i know swapper 2 is working? i press the on botton but tryed the emulater a2sd check n said no swap found

Yeah, A2SD can't check the swapper2. You will need to open the terminal and type free

Guest fredewis
Yeah, A2SD can't check the swapper2. You will need to open the terminal and type free

$ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH

$su

# free

total used free shared buffers

Mem: 107388 91864 15524 0 224

Swap: 32748 15260 17488

Total: 140136 107124 33012

#

this is wat it shows so take it is working lol

Am I right in thinking you will lose all data on your memory card if you partition it to make a swap partition? And how big should the swap partition be? I've got a 4gb class 6 memory card.

Can I run FLB-Mod v1.5 Swap update (2.6.29-flb.zip) over FLB 1.2?

EDIT: should have added that all I want is swap enabled for 1.2

Edited by meinnit

Guest sparky71a
Left it 15mins nothing doing, thats the first time my handset hasn't like anything.

Back to 1.5 and try the flash kernel

Wow all sorted 1.5 and a flashed kernel......rubs his hands with glee!!! lol

Quick smooth and it's still a Pulse!! Good work!

I really can't get 1.6 to work on my phone.

I had 1.5 without the swap kernel which is probably why it didn't work first time. So I then flashed 1.5 again(after doing a full wipe)then flashed the swap kernel. Did a full wipe again and tried 1.6 and it just got stuck on the android boot screen again.