[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest naniteboy

Just installed FLB 1.5 (upgraded from 1.2TRE version) and so far, so good :huh:

I even see that now I have 46MB free (RAM) instead of 30MB as I had before ;) I'm checking this in MySettings...

Great work flib - as usually :(

Guest twrock

Installed 1.5 on a fresh Tre update. Not one fc or acore warning anywhere in the process. Sweet! :huh:

Edit: And a whopping 52 mb free after the first sync. Very nice. ;)

Edited by twrock

Guest mapero

Just want to say thanks for this great roms.

I edit them by my self for my needs everytime a new FLB is released, based on your rom.

Can you tell me, what exactly SFP.apk does?

I have removed it now for long time on my own rom, and never missed a feature.

Edit: BTW: I'm having a little bug with wifi. When it is set to "Never" disconnect and the screen is off for a longer time and reactivated. Its still connected, but there is no data transfered. i have to switch off and on. Any idea?

Edited by mapero

Guest Totyasrác

I even see that now I have 46MB free (RAM) instead of 30MB as I had before ;) I'm checking this in MySettings...

Are we talking about free RAM or free space to install apps to?

If it's the first then I'll right now upgrade (even though I'm quite happy with my config right now :D)

Guest twrock

Sooooooo, I probably will end up looking foolish, but am I mistaken that ADW allows the user to set the number of screens? Is that gone somehow in this version?

Sooooooo, I probably will end up looking foolish, but am I mistaken that ADW allows the user to set the number of screens? Is that gone somehow in this version?

Press menu and then edit. The way to configure the screens was modified.

Guest TelluricMax

Hi. Thread starter

I have a problem about a app installation

its a launcher ,i alway use it in FLB 1.1 and it work very well ,but in v1.5 there has a problem in display

here is the app link http://u.115.com/file/f17b40cc30

and i wanna make my own ROM ,and i know how to do to make the ROM support APP2SD in 1.5 kernel

but u know the 2.1 is different from 1.5 ,so i have no idea in 2.1 kernel,i need u help

and my english is poor ,so i couldnt understand so much , hope u can say it simply

THX~!!

Guest fredewis
Currently uploaded FLB-Mod 1.5

If you are currently on 1.4.1 then you don't need to update. FLB-Mod 1.5 is purely a release to integrate the released fixes for 1.4.1 and have something that can be flashed onto a new phone that works without issue.

Two versions will be uploaded. One with LauncherPro, one with ADW. As before you can replace the launcher by flashing the zips available on the first page.

ZIPs have been uploaded along with Vanilla Framework for 1.5

Q/A

I want the benefit of FLB-Mod 1.5 without wiping and flashing a new rom!

Download the replacement boot.img without any tweaks and flash this to your phone. If you want the best performance then I advise you to use ADW.Launcher.

Why have you released FLB-Mod 1.5 without any new features?

I felt that 1.41 needed to be made more noob friendly and all fixes to be integrated into a single flashable zip. This will allow me to now focus on tweaking the rom some more without rushing to make a release.

I'm happy with my current version. Do I have to update?

Of course not. If you are happy then stick with what you have. If you are having problems then I would love you to try FLB-Mod 1.5 with ADW. You will be surprised how nice it runs.

hay mate when you say booting image you mean the 1.5 rom with adw? lol coz im sligthly confuse.

Guest Totyasrác
hay mate when you say booting image you mean the 1.5 rom with adw? lol coz im sligthly confuse.

I understand it in a different way... He might have been thinkin' about these?

"Kernel with no memory management tweaks and no launcher 'keep in ram' tweak:

Download: flb-default.zip (2.36 MB)

Kernel with launcher 'keep in ram' tweak only:

Download: flb-home_tweak.zip (2.36 MB)

SFP Fix (needed by some people):

Download: flbmod_v1.4.1sfp.zip (291 KB)"

Flib mate?

In the first post there are two zips with different kernels. One with tweaks and one without them.

If you are running v1.41 and flash the kernel with no tweaks and adw I think you should have v1.5.

Guest Totyasrác
In the first post there are two zips with different kernels. One with tweaks and one without them.

If you are running v1.41 and flash the kernel with no tweaks and adw I think you should have v1.5.

Just being curious: what happens if 1.5 is flashed over 1.4.1 without wipe?

(I mean: anyone tried it yet?)

Should really work since no major changes applied, yup?

Guest fredewis

im on my way of doing so lol but download is stuck on 97 % lolz

Guest fredewis

just downloaded it

Guest naniteboy
Are we talking about free RAM or free space to install apps to?

If it's the first then I'll right now upgrade (even though I'm quite happy with my config right now :huh:)

Yes .. I'm talking about available RAM memory (for running apps!)

The space available to install apps was about 57.5MB after FLB1.5 instalation).

EDIT: I was quite happy with FLB1.2TRE but hey ... sometimes you have to move on ;)

Edited by naniteboy

Guest fredewis
quote name='fredewis' date='Aug 25 2010, 09:59' post='1386108']

just downloaded it

:huh: got a masive fail lol aborted on line 5 clock work is confusing for me think will go back to amonrar simple n effective.

ok round 2 i did the no kernel twik

Guest JaffoCake

Apologies for noob-ness but I'm trying to work out how to go from 1.4.1 to 1.5 without wiping everything (only just finished putting everything on from 1.1 to 1.4.1 update!)

When you say I only need to flash the boot.img, does that mean I extract it from the zip I downloaded (FLB-Mod v1.5 with ADW.Launcher 1.1.3) or do I flash the whole zip file? If it's the latter, I can do that but how do you flash just the boot.img file?

Thanks for any help!

Guest meinnit

How much do you have free now that you have been running for a few hours?

Guest Rizzly

I've had two troubles with this rom:

1. I can't add APN's, press to add a new one, fill in the information and press save. The list of APN's remain empty

2. I can't connect to an eduroam eap network, I can set a "keyring" password and input it, but after that is done com.android.settings FC's and I can't input the login details for the network.

Does anyone know of any solutions to these two problems? I'm on the 1.41 version.

Guest Daz555
I've had two troubles with this rom:

1. I can't add APN's, press to add a new one, fill in the information and press save. The list of APN's remain empty

2. I can't connect to an eduroam eap network, I can set a "keyring" password and input it, but after that is done com.android.settings FC's and I can't input the login details for the network.

Does anyone know of any solutions to these two problems? I'm on the 1.41 version.

Do you have the same problems with the stock 2.1 ROM from T-Mobile?

Guest naniteboy
How much do you have free now that you have been running for a few hours?

After I installed everything I use, all widgets active and so on ... 45MB/80MB

(which is still 15MB more than I had on FLB1.2TRE with exactly the same setup)