[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest tgomas
NOOB question.

Trying to install this, what looks like a great custom ROM :) , but I'm already stuck after installing AMON-RA.

I see no way of booting into the menu.

I think there should be an extra menu item.

Installed AMON-Ra twice with no errors.

Running Pulse HU 2.1 on Vista x64 (for which I installed the driver).

Anyone?! :)

Hold Menu+Red to boot into amonra. Make sure you do a nandroid backup before installing.

Guest brandt14

Hi,

when I try to add contacts to my mail using the "+" button its say failed to start contacts.

I also noticed that there is no button to add contacts in the messages application.

Guest Richard van Nieuwenhuizen
Hold Menu+Red to boot into amonra. Make sure you do a nandroid backup before installing.

Works like a charme :)

THX

Guest goce.nakov
Hi,

when I try to add contacts to my mail using the "+" button its say failed to start contacts.

I also noticed that there is no button to add contacts in the messages application.

about the massage.. it is vanilla app so just type the name of the person or number and he will show you the list...it is like T9 predicition.

Guest de_shepherd
In post #14 I see this: "Edit: Did a quick odex on the system apps and increased free space to 57.56MB. Data currently has 12MB of apps pre-installed. "

But after install I had less than 40MBs of free space. I've installed ~ favourite app (Handcent, QuickSettings, Shazam, Twitter for example) and it's down to 29.8 megs... Still pretty fast though but I can't see the ~58MBs that I was heading for.

I guess this has nothing to do with Dalvik (I mean initial memory size) :)

Not clear from that post or the initial post if the ROM for download is odex-ed or whether this was a later as yet unreleased experiment. I suspect that if you load this ROM and odex it (I found an article somewhere in here via google that explains how to do that) then you'll get the 57MB free space.

Running fine now.

But I noticed not all, just 2 to be exact, of my contact are sync.

Can also not choose what groups, or what not, to sync.

What's up with that?!

Running fine now.

But I noticed not all, just 2 to be exact, of my contact are sync.

Can also not choose what groups, or what not, to sync.

What's up with that?!

NEVER MIND.

FOUND IT! :)

Guest goce.nakov
Not clear from that post or the initial post if the ROM for download is odex-ed or whether this was a later as yet unreleased experiment. I suspect that if you load this ROM and odex it (I found an article somewhere in here via google that explains how to do that) then you'll get the 57MB free space.

He said that he will try to odex the app.....not in this release though

Guest Totyasrác
He said that he will try to odex the app.....not in this release though

Yeah, I've figured that this should be the solution. If there's gonna be an odex'd version I'll definitely go for that :)

Guest Simon O
Yeah, I've figured that this should be the solution. If there's gonna be an odex'd version I'll definitely go for that :)

I have odex'd the system apps but not released the update yes as there are a few issues I need to resolve first.

Guest le_lutin
I have odex'd the system apps but not released the update yes as there are a few issues I need to resolve first.

I'll hold off on installing this until the next release. Thanks for your hard work.

Guest Totyasrác

Cheers, mate - awesome job! :)

(Works really good even with 20MBs of free memory - can't wait for the update. Will try app2sd until that I guess :))

Guest Zsolabola

Thanks Mate !!

fantastic stuff I really like it

The first App2sd ROM that really works for me

I've noticed a small bug When you browse the phonebook to a specific contact then tap it to open, and after that you press the green button to call him then the Android.acore process closes.

Is it possible to fix it

Thanks

Guest Totyasrác
Thanks Mate !!

fantastic stuff I really like it

The first App2sd ROM that really works for me

I've noticed a small bug When you browse the phonebook to a specific contact then tap it to open, and after that you press the green button to call him then the Android.acore process closes.

Is it possible to fix it

Thanks

Confirmed. If you select "call" on the screen call is made but pressing the green button instead won't work.

(It's only with Contacts. From Call log it is workin'.)

Guest Jan M
I'll hold off on installing this until the next release. Thanks for your hard work.

I feel the one after that will be even better :)

Guest Simon O
Confirmed. If you select "call" on the screen call is made but pressing the green button instead won't work.

(It's only with Contacts. From Call log it is workin'.)

That doesn't happen for me. Could one of you please get some logs when this happens please using the SDK. ddms would be best then you can try calling and pinpoint the exact error. I can't replicate the bug here.

Guest Sperber78

Try this

adb remount

adb shell

a2sd cache

exit

-- Dalvik-move (can be enabled by typing a2sd cache)

-- ZipAlign (can be enabled by typing a2sd zipalign)

Guest Zsolabola
That doesn't happen for me. Could one of you please get some logs when this happens please using the SDK. ddms would be best then you can try calling and pinpoint the exact error. I can't replicate the bug here.

I can also provide the logs but I'm not an expert using ddms

could you tell me ho to do it ?

Guest Simon O
I can also provide the logs but I'm not an expert using ddms

could you tell me ho to do it ?

Logs will be fine if you can put them somewhere.

ddms is a simple case of connecting your phone with usb and running ddms.bat

it should find the phone and start displaying logs at the bottom of the screen.

Installed 1.2 beta.

So far so good. Duh.

All I'm missing is the Dutch Dictionary. :)

Anyway of installing that?! :)

The "call button" bug is still there btw.

Edited by Richard van Nieuwenhuizen

Guest Simon O
Installed 1.2 beta.

So far so good. Duh.

All I'm missing is the Dutch Dictionary. :)

Anyway of installing that?! :)

The "call button" bug is still there btw.

Try the language pack I've just uploaded:

http://www.qooy.com/files/GPT6MVTN/flblanguagepack.zip

Flash through recovery, do not wipe. It won't clear anything from data either.

So far three people are having the call bug from contacts. Could I please have some log files when this happens please as I just don't get the same issue myself :)

Update:

The call bug seems to be well known. I'll look for a fix now.

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=1416

Edited by flibblesan

Guest MrJoshua

I've had 3 lockups using the first release since installing it last night (I was having the same issue with R6 Oscillation too, but not on 1.5).

Twice when typing in Twitter (using HTC keyboard & clicker which I then disabled) and once just now when browsing updates in the Facebook app.

All 3 have required a battery-out reset.