30/Jun r5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero now with Online Kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Alastyr
in this kitchen, u need sync included for usb menu.

Can confirm this, I didn't get the menu, rebaked with HTC Sync and now I get the menu when I plug in USB.

Guest EbiEre

Because i am active in a German Forum and 3 People are just Downloading it to her Hero ( No Root Users).

And if you look in the XDA Forum you will see that People from the UK say the same :lol:

Guest Firasco

I couldn't update with the official 2.1 because my phone is rooted, so I came here - and it worked like a charm!! Thanks Paul.

I was wondering: is it possible to overclock the CPU while on this ROM? I heard about SetCPU or Overclockwidget.

BTW, if you update the radio and then decide to revert to a 1.5 ROM, you will want to revert the radio image too.

My GPS stopped working when I reverted to 1.5 ;-)

/TBX

Guest Firasco

Thanks for the heads up. I also had GPS issues going from 2.1 then back to 1.5. But now everything is fine.

SO does anyone know about overclocking on HTC Hero running 2.1 Paul ROM?? I remember 2.1 Villain ROM worked with overclock up to 800 MHZ, which made the phone so much faster..

r4 WIP runs perfectly with no problems.

The only thing i cannot do is add a custom location in the weather app. ie add a map location. Only specific Cities are available.

Is there a work around for this, possibly put your 3.2 version on. And if so, what apk's etc do I need to change.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Guest Mike Rouse

Spoke too soon. I thought it was working OK, but actually it gets stuck on the "HTC Quietly Brilliant" screen over and over again. Am trying a new custom ROM with a few less things in it to see if it makes any difference.

Edited by Mike Rouse

Guest sheridan2000
Spoke too soon. I thought it was working OK, but actually it gets stuck on the "HTC Quietly Brilliant" screen over and over again. Am trying a new custom ROM with a few less things in it to see if it makes any difference.

Did you wipe everything??

Guest rayboy
Did you wipe everything??

I too have been getting the reboot loop with all the MCR WIP versions I've tried so far (both kitchen cooked and standard downloads), have tried wiping everything (system/cache/ext/battery/rotate) except the fat32 partition on SD. Pulling my hair out.... please don't tell me the card needs to be wiped too.

Edited by rayboy

Guest zefer
I too have been getting the reboot loop with all the MCR WIP versions I've tried so far (both kitchen cooked and standard downloads), have tried wiping everything (system/cache/ext/battery/rotate) except the fat32 partition on SD. Pulling my hair out.... please don't tell me the card needs to be wiped too.

From what I can gather, yes, if you are using a2sd you need to repartition your sd card (which will wipe it). I did this straight-off, and wiped everything, and it worked first time. If you're not using the a2sd version, I don't see why you would need to wipe, but I don't know. The other 'gotcha' is to make sure you use the latest recovery image to flash the update.zip, you may need to flash a new recovery image.

Guest lasitha85

Hi, I also faced the same problem. But when i cooked it without the radio roms, it works fine :lol:

Guest dwattsy21

I'm having a couple of issues after installing this Rom. The most annoying one for me is the HTC Mail app and widget. With previous Roms, when you get a new email, if you go to the widget after a second it would show the new email. However with this one, it stays on the last email you read, and you have to "flick" up to your latest email. Bit anoyying if you have recieved a few emails. Also, rather than the notification sound just going when the email is recieved, it seems to periodically go off until you read the email... and I can't see a setting to disable this.

3rd and final small problem (probs the most important) I keep getting force closes on taskiller and "maps".

Oh and also, apps seem to keep starting in the background using up RAM, such as people and maps.

Any Ideas people??

But i should just say I am loving the ROM, great work paul.

Guest Smilgs

I have got the same issue as bellow. Kitchen ROM, HTC Sync not installed (maybe that's the issue?). When I connect the android to the PC, it says "USB debugging connected", but no option to mount the sd is given.

When entering settings/Connect to PC, a Force Close, logcat quote bellow.

SD mounts fine from recovery.

Edit - I most probably fixed my own issue - again. According to http://www.villainrom.co.uk/bug/view.php?id=168 - HTC Sync needs to be installed.

i've got some problem when i connect my phone via USB...it charge my battery and say that debugUSB is connected but i can't mount sd as an hard drive or sync...

how i can solve it?? thanks

E/AndroidRuntime( 2286): android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: Unable to find explicit activity class {com.htc.android.psclient/com.htc.android.psclient.Re

storeUsbSettings}; have you declared this activity in your AndroidManifest.xml?

E/AndroidRuntime( 2286):		at android.app.Instrumentation.checkStartActivityResult(Instrumentation.java:1404)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2286):		at android.app.Instrumentation.execStartActivity(Instrumentation.java:1378)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2286):		at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Activity.java:2789)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2286):		at android.app.Activity.startActivity(Activity.java:2895)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2286):		at com.htc.preference.HtcPreference.performClick(HtcPreference.java:833)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2286):		at com.htc.preference.HtcPreferenceScreen.onItemClick(HtcPreferenceScreen.java:182)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2286):		at android.widget.AdapterView.performItemClick(AdapterView.java:284)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2286):		at android.widget.ListView.performItemClick(ListView.java:3285)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2286):		at android.widget.AbsListView$PerformClick.run(AbsListView.java:1640)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2286):		at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:609)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2286):		at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2286):		at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2286):		at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4595)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2286):		at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2286):		at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2286):		at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:860)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2286):		at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:618)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2286):		at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

Edited by Smilgs

Guest Dan Mullen
I have got the same issue as bellow. Kitchen ROM, HTC Sync not installed (maybe that's the issue?). When I connect the android to the PC, it says "USB debugging connected", but no option to mount the sd is given.

<snip>

I believe this has cropped up before - in 2.1 you need HTC Sync in order for the USB options menu to appear.

Guest keyra74
I believe this has cropped up before - in 2.1 you need HTC Sync in order for the USB options menu to appear.

wtf? you don't need htc sync at all

Guest keyra74

thankies ! baking on progress :lol:

and in fact you need htc sync but the one on phone, i thought you were saying the one on pc

Edited by keyra74