30/Jun r5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero now with Online Kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest anderneo
I have been running the R5 prebacked now for about a week, and the only problem I have noticed is the terrible receiption of both GSM and data signal. I used to have full range at home, but with the new version most of the time I have none.

This also goes for the data package: i have full HSDPA but I hardly get any byte through.

I have the 'web&walk plus' package of the dutch t-mobile and often used to watch the tv channels which t-mob services. With R5, I haven't seen anything yet, other than the message that the server could not be reached.

I have installed the latest radio (63.18.55.06PU_6.35.15.14) but no change. I am thinking about flashing the 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 radio to see if this makes any difference.

Any ideas on this matter?

I seem to having loads of trouble with reception on this r5 build too, I tried the "newest" Radio on Orange UK and it SIM blocked me so reverted. I've also had a real slugishness with Music App (play/pause seems to take forever in app or via widgets/lock screen). I've even had a few FCs on jbed :angry:

Same for me. Have pretty bad reception.

However, with the Hero, it's the same as for the IPhone 4, if you put your hand around it, the reception goes away on screen..

I know it is normal for the reception to become less once you do that, but that much?

Guest osrix25
There is no 2G/3G switch, well kinda.

There is, however, an option that goes by the name 'Data connection'. This is in the menu 'Wireless and networks' (Settings).

If you enable that, it should be working :angry:

thanks mate, i tried it but still no joy, I got one of those voda sure signal boxes (costant 3g in the house!) working on my HD2 but not with Hero on rc4, i thought there might be switch i was mssing somewhere. guess i'll give it another try tonite.

I gotta say this is an excellent build tho, no Fc whatever in 3+ weeks, which is why i was putting off the upgrading to v5.

thanks for your reply

Guest rayboy

:D I was one of those who was getting persistent boot loops but the latest r5 is now working. Thank you Paul.

Just one little issue now. I thought I baked with Chinese IME but it's not showing up, is there a separate update zip that I can install just to get CIME back on? I found a WVGA HTC_CIME package in the Software part of this site, but that doesn't work.

Ray

Guest Fisgaz
A Quick question...

Any idea on when will the Final MCR will be released? or at least if not final with a custom kernel ??

anyone??

FWIW, Launcher does crash on me at least twice daily. This usually happens when I've been browsing the Market (and AppBrain too).

Anyone else experience this?

TBX

Guest toxic-hero
FWIW, Launcher does crash on me at least twice daily. This usually happens when I've been browsing the Market (and AppBrain too).

Anyone else experience this?

i

TBX

yes, there are many of us with this problem. there is even a thread about this issue, but still no solution... add yourself on it.

Edited by toxic-hero

Guest cloneapoc

I made a Rom in the kitchen without sense UI and the browser shows keeps saying access denied. I download opera and that works. any help on getting the normal browser working?

Guest z94joma

Hi

Why am I getting these bootloops on the white background with the HTC logo in green?

Tried wiping SD and ext3 and repartition it again.

How did others solve this issue?

What other custom ROMs do you recommend trying?

Cheers,

Z

Edited by z94joma

Guest James_Lin

Hi Paul,

Do you have a approx date for the proper release of MCR 4? Is this R5 going to be the official release?

Regards

James

Guest z94joma

Third time went like a charm.

Don't know why but now it works.

Can anyone confirm that Apps2SD or Apps2SD+ is NOT included if not using Online Kitchen? I used the links in the first post to download this custom ROMs.

How do I add Apps2SD (or apps2SD+) to my Hero?

By the way, which one should I use apps2SD or Apps2SD+?

Guest vassie79

I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but when trying to select text to copy in the browser, the trackball barley works, to the point of unusable.

I just don't understand. First, I had SenseHero running on my Hero. Now, after a few months, I tried to install the MCR on it. But always got a bootloop. I tried to wipe everything, repartition and format the sd card, installed but nothing works. Tried to install another SenseHero rom, the latest and got stuck at the HTC-logo at startup.

Finally, I installed a both rooten and unrooted stock rom from the Hero and suddenly it works... So why does the custom roms not work?

Guest uk786

I had problems with lag on keyboard but what struck me was the dodgy APPS2SD so I changed to VillianROM12 works a treat with 128 apps installed and 139MB free, also has desire lock-screen, and legend copy/pasting in browser. Also it has a over-clock-able kernel and live wallpapers (a bit dodgy btw).

Guest laughcafe

The ROM has been installed a few weeks and now frequently shows the green HTC screen when I return to home screen. Apps screen gets re-loaded. I have tried freezing likely apps to see if that is where the problem is but it seems to occur when I look at GMail and then back out of it to the home screen.

Any ideas? suggestions? advice?

Guest toxaris

I have the same problem with the restarts. At first it was only as I closed the market app, but now even when I finish a call. All the evidence seem to point to memory problems and a too active process killer killing sense. Is it possible with the build in task killer to give the sense app a higher priority?

@Paul, is a new prebaked version with app2sd or app2sd+ coming soon?

Guest vatvedt
The ROM has been installed a few weeks and now frequently shows the green HTC screen when I return to home screen. Apps screen gets re-loaded. I have tried freezing likely apps to see if that is where the problem is but it seems to occur when I look at GMail and then back out of it to the home screen.

Any ideas? suggestions? advice?

I get this as well, but mostly after using Copilot. I think it appeared after I installed a custom kernel. Haven't tried to restore the original kernel yet, so I don't know if that's the reason.

Guest AlThePost
I think it appeared after I installed a custom kernel.

I was seeing this with the stock 2.1 kernel too, and have heard from others that they do also. It's most common when "backing out" of the browser but can seemingly occur at random with just about any app.