30/Jun r5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero now with Online Kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest englishpunk
I have seen the Launcher/Sense desktop crash a twice in 24 hours (big green "HTC" logo only on white background). It recovers quite quickly, but still..

Same, though i forget exactly what i was doing unfortunately.

Also get an FC when going to Settings > Search > Google Search Settings ( com.google.process.gapps )

Guest neoclassic
Do we need one? :lol:

P

So that we can overclock :D

I'm on r4 right now and it's generally laggy (when making calls, when checking the time, etc.)

Guest JamieGrossman

going to flash the new rom without wiping (on r4). will post results :lol:

edit: ok it's stuck on 'HTC: quitely brilliant', and keeps turning off and starting it again. i'm guessing this is the dreaded boot loop i've heard so much about.. i guess i will have to wipe :/

Edited by JamieGrossman

Guest dermatthias
So that we can overclock :lol:

I'm on r4 right now and it's generally laggy (when making calls, when checking the time, etc.)

Second that.

Paul, it would be really nice to have the option to use the MCR with a custom or already overclocked kernel. You could provide two downloads, one with the stock kernel and one with a custom/overclocked one. It's up to the user which to use.

I think many people looking for something like this.

Btw, what's up with the Teknologist kernel? Any news on that? The changed cpu govenour gave me a very nice speedup on MCR 3.2.

Guest Smilgs

A bug report.

BUG1) I did a bake with the kitchen - rom, and dropbear was included. After flash, there is no /system/bin/dropbear.sh present

i managed to get a version of dropbear running with a sh file of my own - but it would be nice tp have it back by default after flashing

BUG2) the included MCR Scripts

update - why create confusion by calling Android-Scripting-Engine "MCR Scripts"?

Edited by Smilgs

Guest ninja95

I have a problem with "documents to go", the sheet doesn't work properly in r5. In r4 was everything ok

Does someone know how to fix it?

Thanks

Edited by ninja95

Guest bubaloo
going to flash the new rom without wiping (on r4). will post results :lol:

edit: ok it's stuck on 'HTC: quitely brilliant', and keeps turning off and starting it again. i'm guessing this is the dreaded boot loop i've heard so much about.. i guess i will have to wipe :/

Same happened to me, had only upgarded to r4 a couple of days ago and had just finished getting it how I wanted it as well.

Any advantages with upgrading the radio?

Guest dermatthias
What means "r5 with additions"? What additions are included?!?

See the feature list in the first post. Everything titled "Optional ..." is an addition and only inlcuded in that download.

Guest agremlins

Is a2sd working in public R5 ?

I don't find it in system/bin (don't know if binairie/script is here)and all my apps are installed in /data/app.

Edit:going back to r4.

I'll try to install r5 without a full wipe

Edited by agremlins

Guest NutsPT

Very nice releases... My contribute in problem listing:

1- Java gives me a FC error (It was ok in 4.3)

2- Still one widget in ?Chinese?

3- (Suggestion) OC would be nice... with a stable speed we can get more performance in our devices :lol:

4- keep the good job :D

thx

Guest Dr. dre
Very nice releases... My contribute in problem listing:

1- Java gives me a FC error (It was ok in 4.3)

2- Still one widget in ?Chinese?

3- (Suggestion) OC would be nice... with a stable speed we can get more performance in our devices :lol:

4- keep the good job :D

thx

A free OC Kernal would be a very good option, so that we can OC it whenever we want to.

Guest xlilo

Hi,

Just flashed the prebaked r5 with options and radio. All is working very smooth...

I have only one question. Any way to remove the Wavesecure app after flashing?

Thx,

xlilo

Guest Dr. dre
Hi,

Just flashed the prebaked r5 with options and radio. All is working very smooth...

I have only one question. Any way to remove the Wavesecure app after flashing?

Thx,

xlilo

Try this :-

adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/*wsandroid*

Guest fatbluefish

Sorry for the dumb question but I can seem to find the answer?

Does the radio ROM cover both wifi and network radio?

I'm on Orange (network locked) running MCR r5 with the JU_ radio, Wifi connectivity really sucks but when disabled Orange (3G) network connectivty is fine.

I'd rather be using wifi where available. Wifi was fine prior to upgrading to 2.1

Is this because of the radio I'm using? Is there a recommended ROM for Orange UK users?

Thanks.

Edited by fatbluefish

Guest Musicmannetje
Prebakes online...

P

Great!!!!

Just to be curious: A2SD only available in the kitchen ROM... So that means that I cannot use the prebacked version on top of MCR 3.2 with A2SD/ext3???

Thanx Paul!

Patrick.

Guest JamieGrossman

the rom works great paul! however, did you not include A2SD in the prebakes? i installed the version without the radio update (i'm on orange and it messed up my phone before) and i've found that my internal storage goes down with every new app installed. is it not included like it was in r4? anyone else having this issue? cheers

Guest whiteflash
the rom works great paul! however, did you not include A2SD in the prebakes? i installed the version without the radio update (i'm on orange and it messed up my phone before) and i've found that my internal storage goes down with every new app installed. is it not included like it was in r4? anyone else having this issue? cheers

A2SD doesn't work on the kitchen I baked either; restoring apps with MyBackupPro took about 100mb off the internal storage, so clearly it's not working correctly...

Guest jon.m.knight

Radio included in v5 doesn't work with my locked Orange.

This one: 63.18.55.06PU_6.35.15.14 does

Cheers for this Paul. Can't wait for MCR4