Dell Streak accessories now on Dell site

Guest Loconinja

Guest Loconinja

I order the car docking kit on 11th June. No sign of it yet. My order status states "in production" with an estimated delivery date of...tomorrow! I wonder if it will actually turn up?

Guest Metoo

Seriously what is Dell smoking!? 55 for the dock is outrageous as well as it probably doesn't even come with the HDMI cable.

Cripes, they've hiked them even higher!

USB lead £32.22

Gel case £33.22

AV Dock £63.22

And I used to think Archos prices were a rip off!

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

Just to let those of you that may be interested i E-Mailed ADVERTISING SPAM again to ask if they could let me know when we could expect to see any cases and also asked if the will be making desk stand/chargers and cables as well, all of their cases fit on their car kit so i don't need one of those but they are very good and reasonable for any one else that may need one. As soon as i get a reply I'll post what they say but i am hopeful they will be making a full range of accessories as they have done in the past for other Dell products and as the Streak is due in the US soon the market should be big enough for them to see it as being worthwhile.

Marc

Guest tudorw

ordered 1 of pretty much everything on June 12th, was scheduled for delivery on 23rd, then

"Unfortunately, the demand for the product you have ordered has exceeded our forecast and we need to revise the estimated delivery date given when you placed the order."

Delivery has been bumped to the 29th. One mention of an HDMI dock received on another forum (http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell-streak/21538-video-conversion.html)

Anyone else had anything delivered? Their reasoning seems a little suspect, unless their forecast was for the sale of 1 HDMI dock and 'fester61' got it ;)

ordered 1 of pretty much everything on June 12th, was scheduled for delivery on 23rd, then

"Unfortunately, the demand for the product you have ordered has exceeded our forecast and we need to revise the estimated delivery date given when you placed the order."

Delivery has been bumped to the 29th. One mention of an HDMI dock received on another forum (http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell-streak/21538-video-conversion.html)

Anyone else had anything delivered? Their reasoning seems a little suspect, unless their forecast was for the sale of 1 HDMI dock and 'fester61' got it ;)

I ordered the car kit and case on 15th. Had an estimate of 26th originally and this dropped to 24th earlier in the week. Last night it jumped to 30th and Dell have told me they have supply problems with one of the items. I also asked Dell how it can have a status of 'In Production' which according to their descriptions means it has been packed as I have only ordered accessories. They have conveniently ignored this question.

If anyone else was selling compatible accessories I would cancel but I haven't found anything suitable yet.

Well don't bother buying the Carphone Warehouse folio case. Two issues:

1) The Streak doesn't fit that well in it and as the form fit is out in the leather the area where the soft touch buttons are on the right hangs out of the case meaning you can't get to the bottom of the screen with your finger.

2) They use magnets to secure the flap, not friction, velcro or a sensible latch. The magnets are so strong they whack out the GPS/Compass functions of the phone.

.. waste of money I returned mine. Plus they charge £24 for it in store and £15 online delivered to home.

Guest Rhysd2

I queried our dell account manager and was given this pricing. However he has no clue of stock levels.

Streak Accessories: Battery Kit - BA120 £33.18

Streak Accessories: 30pin/USB Cable - CN130 £20.42

Streak Accessories: USB Power Adapter Kit (USB Adapter with detachable head,

30pin/USB cable, UK & EUR plugs) - CH240 £27.22

Streak Accessories: Regional Plug Set Kit (UK, EUR, US, China, AUS plugs and

Pouch) - CH120 £20.42

Streak Accessories: Home Dock Kit (Docking Station, USB/Mini USB Sync &

USB/DC Charge Cable) - CH310 £46.80

Streak Accessories: Car Docking Kit (Cradle, Dash Mount, Adapter, 30pin/USB

Cable) - CH320 £46.80

Streak Accessories: Wallet Case (Premium Wallet with SD storage and integrated

stand) - FA611 £27.22

Streak Accessories: Form Fit Case (Robust cover with screen protection) - FA211 £13.61

Guest luketoms

Did anyone notice that the prices on the Dell site went up for about one day, when the discount was removed. Today they have gone back to the original lower price with no mention of discount, obviously they realise that people are not happy at the prices.

So, let me get this right, no one has receved any accessory as yet from Dell? What a joke. Well we all know Dell have notoriusly bad customer service, that is if you can make it through the call. When I called a coule of weeks ago, I gave up and put the phone down because the lady I was speaking to could not understand anything I was saying, literally not a word! Dear me!

Edited by luketoms

Guest Rhysd2
Did anyone notice that the prices on the Dell site went up for about one day, when the discount was removed. Today they have gone back to the original lower price with no mention of discount, obviously they realise that people are not happy at the prices.

Yea I noticed that too. I want a case and dock but not until I know they have stock

Guest Wonford
My car dock delivery date has been bumped to 2nd July. >:-(

My delivery date for wallet and dock has now changed from the 29th June to the 5th July!! Bastards.

I could understand delays on one of the accessories but this is silly!

Guest TomDroid
My delivery date for wallet and dock has now changed from the 29th June to the 5th July!! Bastards.

Heard about an alternative car dock, supposed to be a snug fit, but does the job & is £7.79 from Amazon. I'm gonna give it try & report back. Just type "large univrsal suction mount" (including the spelling mistake!!) for details.

At just under £8 delivered, it's got to be worth a punt over the cost of the offical Dell one, no? :lol:

Guest fester61

It's sounding like I got the only dock that has made it out of the factory along with a spare sync / charge cable.

Very useful little gadget charge, sync (with a standard mini USB it will charge through this if you don't plug in the mains adaptor), HDMI and stereo audio out (no cables for hdmi or audio supplied, no instruction manual either but it's a dumb device so...)

Guest craigdabbs

i have decided to make my own car cradle using a solid piece of wood and a router :lol:, with a smartclip from brodit. Will upload pics soon

Well don't bother buying the Carphone Warehouse folio case. Two issues:

1) The Streak doesn't fit that well in it and as the form fit is out in the leather the area where the soft touch buttons are on the right hangs out of the case meaning you can't get to the bottom of the screen with your finger.

2) They use magnets to secure the flap, not friction, velcro or a sensible latch. The magnets are so strong they whack out the GPS/Compass functions of the phone.

.. waste of money I returned mine. Plus they charge £24 for it in store and £15 online delivered to home.

I totaly agree the above plus after 2 days streak started to slides out when I open the case. Plus there is no hole for the outside speaker :lol:

Iam interested about the fit form case, but i cant imagine what exactly means screen protector. looks like this is some box made clear materials but the photo dosnt show that clear.

I use my old PDA car dock wich is opens that much as streak needs.

Edited by qq67

Guest TomDroid
i have decided to make my own car cradle using a solid piece of wood and a router :lol:, with a smartclip from brodit. Will upload pics soon

Looking forward to those pics, Craig!

Guest craigdabbs

well got it done, it could look prettier with a bit more time spent on it with sanding up and painting. Probably matt gloss would look better but this is all i had :lol:. At least its fuctional

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

Edited by craigdabbs

Guest TomDroid
well got it done, it could look prettier with a bit more time spent on it with sanding up and painting. Probably matt gloss would look better but this is all i had :lol:. At least its fuctional

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

I tell you what, mate, it looks a 1000% better than loads I've seen!! The start of a lucrative early adopters market???

Nice work, fella :D

Guest tudorw

As we are still waiting for accessories look's like we going to have to get all Heath Robinson on dell's ass...

Here's my first effort, I moulded the original out of thinking putty that hold's it's shape long enough to pour a wax mould, which I then filled with Sugru

I didn't believe the 24hrs cure time for each 3mm and am an impatient fellow so the first one was only set about 2/3 through so I had to mould the top bit by hand!

But it works! A revision would have more of a lip around the front to prevent any danger of slippage, although if you look closely the mould includes the connector port so that helps it sit in place :lol:

dell_kick.png

Guest hobochangba

Any news on your wallet?

I've just ordered one. Says in production. ETA 06/07/2010

Guest Wonford
Any news on your wallet?

I've just ordered one. Says in production. ETA 06/07/2010

Still showing as in production with Estimated Delivery Date: 05/07/2010

They sent me an email a couple of days ago saying

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent order with Dell.

Unfortunately, the demand for the product you have ordered has exceeded our forecast and we need to revise the estimated delivery date given when you placed the order.

"

Still showing as in production with Estimated Delivery Date: 05/07/2010

They sent me an email a couple of days ago saying

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent order with Dell.

Unfortunately, the demand for the product you have ordered has exceeded our forecast and we need to revise the estimated delivery date given when you placed the order.

"

Mine keeps on slipping from 24/6 to 30/6 to 2/7 and today it has gone to 5/7. The only time I have been told of this delay was when it went to 30/7. Dell have sent me nothing since.

I also asked them to explain the 'in production' status because this quite clearly states "If you ordered an accessory, software or ink, your order has been packed and will soon be ready to ship." above the order status. There is no way it has been packed and I doubt Dell even have stock of these (or any real idea when they will do).

I am getting very tempted to tell Dell where to stick the order now as the 5-6 day delivery is fast heading to a month. They should not of advertised and accepted the orders until they had physical stock ready to ship. Unfortunately I have only seen the ads on Dells own website so I can't complain the the ASA about misrepresentation which would be possible if Dell had advertised externally.

Guest courtlandre
Sometimes I feel del sold 100 Streak and all Streak owner on this forum or on few others :lol:

Nah, 90%+ of people never post on forums. so maybe they sold closer to a thousand lol.