Dell Streak accessories now on Dell site

Guest Loconinja

Guest qq67

Hi Guys

I just got a reply from Brando (one of the biggest 3rd party accesories manufacturer).

They still waiting for Dell Streak from Dell to test :)

Guest hobochangba
Estimated Delivery Date: 12/07/2010

Carrier: Not Shipped

Tracking Number: Not Shipped

Think I'll cancel this.

Might look into getting a DroidX too if this is what Dell are going to be like

Just rang Dell Customer care

0844 444 4712

option 3

option 1

option 3

enter order number

option 3

to get to a person.

I complained and said I wanted to cancel as I'm abroad from the 12th.

They have now expedited my order which should come before the 12

I'll believe it when I see it.....

Guest Rhysd2
Estimated Delivery Date: 12/07/2010 SLIP

/sigh mines now slipped too.

just sent this to my dell account manager

XXXXXX

My order has now slipped AGAIN from the 9th of July to the 12th of July. Why has my order slipped again? Are you actually going to be able to give me a date this will arrive?

If you cannot I may have to cancel my order and advise my company to buy its Dell streak accessories from elsewhere because you cannot seem to deliver. I have been checking other places on the internet and it seems other people who have ordered items from your company are experiencing exactly the same delays.

Edited by Rhysd2

Guest Warpedflash

Everyone try canceling then re-placeing your order.

I canceled my old one. placed a new one (yesterday morning), complained it said it would not be arriving for 2 months and now

(this is cut down to remove my personal info)

Track & Trace B2C Version 2.0 July 7, 2010 12:49:05

Sent On 06/07/2010

Order No. REMOVED

Box Qty 1

Weight 1 Kgs GB

ETA 09/07/2010 Please check the order history below for any possible delays.

History Date Time Location Activity

07/07/10 06:52 WAALWIJK MERGE ITEMS PICKED.

06/07/10 17:15 EMF DEPARTED MANU.FACILITY

My sat nav kit will now be arriving in 2 days rather than months lol

Guest Rhysd2
Everyone try canceling then re-placeing your order.

I canceled my old one. placed a new one (yesterday morning), complained it said it would not be arriving for 2 months and now

(this is cut down to remove my personal info)

My sat nav kit will now be arriving in 2 days rather than months lol

If I dont get a response by 2pm I'll be calling him anyway and in the mean time to try and stir up the hornets nest I sent a email over to Michel Dell. Who knows if he even reads the box but its worth a try.

Dear Sir

I live in England and on the day of release raced out to get myself the new Dell Streak. I was a little disappointed to find that no accessories were available on the day of release but was told they were arriving soon. When the accessories arrived on the Dell website I fired off an email to our Dell account manager. Once he confirmed the items were in stock I chose to begin by ordering the hard case, with a view to ordering a car and home dock not long after.

I specifically asked our account manager if the item was in stock because I had heard from various users on several forums that they had ordered and that their delivery dates kept slipping later and later despite their order being marked as “in production”. Our account manager assured me 100% that the items were in stock and I would receive my item by that Friday.

I placed my order on Monday the 28th of June 2010. I was told my order would be with me by Friday the 2nd of July at the latest. I logged into my order Friday to check the shipping details to find that the date had been changed to Friday the 9th of July. I emailed my account manager and was given a series of excuses as to why he in fact was incorrect when he specifically told me it was in stock when I ordered the item.

I then emailed his manager asking as to why I was not being given a solid reason for my managers incorrect information and why my item delivery was slipping and slipping. He emailed back apologising, but giving no solid reason, claiming it was due to stock levels. I know in fact that the stock levels have always been low because just about everyone else on the forums who have ordered any accessory have had the exact same issue. The manager asked me to be patient stating it will come by Friday the 9th of July.

Today I logged into my order to check on the information and have now found that delivery has slipped to the 12th of July. To be honest at this point I’m somewhere between furious and despondent. I have emailed the manager yet again but it’s so far been over 1 hour with no reply. I do not understand how an organisation as big as yours with such a well known reputation and such a flag ship handset can allow such a mess to occur.

Many of us want these accessories. I have 4 other people alone at this company that wish to order items but unless we can get some kind of guarantee on stock levels we are likely to wait for third party suppliers to provide the items we want. Already Zagg and other companies are providing shields and cases for the phone so I’m sure docks and charging cables won’t be far away.

I truly love this phone and its features and that will not change but unless the situation with accessories improves rapidly myself and the thousands of other who have ordered accessories will be looking elsewhere for the extras we desire. Even your website gives the impression the items are in stock. Instead when you place an order it seems more like they are being made on a by order basis which is poor to say the least.

Regards

Rhys Davis

Guest squidgyb
wordage

I think it would've been more than appropriate to comment on the cost of said accessories at the same time :)

Guest jutley
pls post a form fit case photo if anybody got it

hehe no one got one of em yet dell keep delaying them mine slipped dates again dell dell what the hell are you doing are you baking them?

Guest Rhysd2
hehe no one got one of em yet dell keep delaying them mine slipped dates again dell dell what the hell are you doing are you baking them?

I had a phone call from someone 2 managers above our account guys manager, evidently when I emailed the manager again he passed it to her. Apologising and going on about low stock levels and back logs. Shes emailed the supplier to get me specific dates and apparently stocks coming in this friday.

Guest Rhysd2

I just had a call from the same customer service manager lady sounding very worried and flustered. Seems according to her my email to Mr Dell got picked up by his PA and sent down to the customer service team saying "Sort this out NOW". shes informed me my part WILL ship friday without fail. and shes getting me availability info on the rest of the parts as they have had "several other high level complaints about streak accessories". She also let slip the parts are made in Poland which surprised me as I expected it to be china or somewhere out that way.

who'd have thought a email to mr dell would work!

Guest Warpedflash
I just had a call from the same customer service manager lady sounding very worried and flustered. Seems according to her my email to Mr Dell got picked up by his PA and sent down to the customer service team saying "Sort this out NOW". shes informed me my part WILL ship friday without fail. and shes getting me availability info on the rest of the parts as they have had "several other high level complaints about streak accessories". She also let slip the parts are made in Poland which surprised me as I expected it to be china or somewhere out that way.

who'd have thought a email to mr dell would work!

Power to the people! seriously hope this helps out with all this for people :) especially those who have been waiting weeks and weeks

She also let slip the parts are made in Poland which surprised me as I expected it to be china or somewhere out that way.

If that is correct for all accessories then Dell have larger problems as the car kit box clearly states 'made in China' on it. Also I have been informed that the premium cases were due in on Tuesday. Since my order has slipped again I can only assume they never turned up.

Dell really should not of advertised these as for sale with anything other than a lead time of 1-2 months. They clearly never had any (other than the demo stock) in stock and deliveries to them seem to be very slow.

Guest badrah
Is there a way to check how many Streak sold? I cant beleive more than few thousand only. I cant find any 3rd party case or any accesories yet not even a screen protector from good qulity 3rd company like "Brando". I think the target is very narrow because 5inch screen and does not worth develeop anything for streak.

For screen protector, check zagg.com, details on:

http://forum.pocketables.net/showthread.php?p=42690

Guest hobochangba

Delivery Information

Shipped Date: Information Temporarily Unavailable.

Estimated Delivery Date: Order Shipped

Carrier: WWI

Tracking Number: Track Here

Seem to have annoyed Dell into shipping mine :)

Guest Rhysd2
Delivery Information

Shipped Date: Information Temporarily Unavailable.

Estimated Delivery Date: Order Shipped

Carrier: WWI

Tracking Number: Track Here

Seem to have annoyed Dell into shipping mine :)

glad to help LOL. mines been shipped too.

Guest tudorw

After making an awful racket with Dell including pointing them to this thread and asking to cancel the order so I could re-order what they had stock of I now have a magical 'Order Shipped' notice, if only they would acknowledge that they are doing what they can we would all award them some brownie points no?

This is for the dock, car dock, soft-case, battery and spare cable;

Sent On 07/07/2010

ETA 12/07/2010

Guest Wonford
After making an awful racket with Dell including pointing them to this thread and asking to cancel the order so I could re-order what they had stock of I now have a magical 'Order Shipped' notice, if only they would acknowledge that they are doing what they can we would all award them some brownie points no?

This is for the dock, car dock, soft-case, battery and spare cable;

Sent On 07/07/2010

ETA 12/07/2010

Same here my dock and wallet are showing as Sent on the 07th with an ETA of the 12th. You would think that they could have at least shipped them via a next day service after all this wait!!

Guest hobochangba
08/07/10 12:55 WAALWIJK MERGE ITEMS PICKED.

07/07/10 09:15 EMF DEPARTED MANU.FACILITY

WAALWIJK is in Holland

Its in the UK now

09/07/10 10:07 WWI - HINCKLEY ORDER DISPATCHED FROM HUB.

09/07/10 10:07 WWI - HINCKLEY FIRST BOX SCANNED OUT OF HUB.

09/07/10 10:05 WWI - HINCKLEY ORDER COMPLETE IN HUB.

09/07/10 10:05 WWI - HINCKLEY FIRST BOX SCANNED INTO HUB.

09/07/10 09:11 PLAN COMMITTED NOTE.

08/07/10 16:45 WAALWIJK ORDER DISPATCHED FROM HUB.

08/07/10 16:45 WAALWIJK FIRST BOX SCANNED OUT OF HUB.

08/07/10 12:55 WAALWIJK MERGE ITEMS PICKED.

07/07/10 09:15 EMF DEPARTED MANU.FACILITY

Guest Rhysd2

mine left hinckley at about 9:44am. apparently it will be with me at 1pmish.

why they are driving down from that area to somserset I have no idea

Guest hobochangba

did they ring you?

Guest Dunhamzzz

Mine left there around 10:30, not sure if they will attempt to deliver today? Maybe they are only taking it to their closest depot?