I have one arriving tomorrow!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest frostbite
Just got mine today. Great phone but having a few issues with it. Can't seem to use the mass storage mode either. Also, is anyone elses back case of the phone slightly creaky? Mine seem to creak at certain areas if it hasn't been held down in awhile. Must be all that plastic stuff.

To get mass storage working, connect the phone to USB>Mass Storage>Drop Down Notifaction Bar>Hit Mount.

Guest Accounts
To get mass storage working, connect the phone to USB>Mass Storage>Drop Down Notifaction Bar>Hit Mount.

That's how I've been usually doing it (with my other Android phones), but when I hit mount nothing happens.

Guest hawrai68

My initial gripes are...speaker volume low, very confusing and flaky usb file transfer, also any SD cards it formats - is not readable in either Windows or mac..and finally most annoying, I can't get Gameboid to work ;)

Guest hawrai68
That's how I've been usually doing it (with my other Android phones), but when I hit mount nothing happens.

What worked for me in the end was to turn off phone, plug usb in to PC, then turn on while plugged in.

Guest Accounts

Thanks, that seemed to work.

Anyway, about the build quality of the phone. Does your phone make (or feel) creaking noises when you squeeze areas of the phone? (coming from the back case). I assume this is because of the plastic build, but I'm used to having a firm phone that's solid, and this is getting on my nerves a bit.

Guest HustlinDaily
Thanks for the quick response, that's good to know.

Are the Google services (Picasa, GMail, Calendar etc) as well integrated on this phone as a "Google Experience" phone.

I'm extremely satisfied with my N1 however the hardware of the Samsung looks very tempting.

Thanks again.

Hey. Wondering if anybody has a response to this. I remember reading that Samsung signed a deal with Yahoo! Wondering if this affected this superphone

Guest hawrai68
Thanks, that seemed to work.

Anyway, about the build quality of the phone. Does your phone make (or feel) creaking noises when you squeeze areas of the phone? (coming from the back case). I assume this is because of the plastic build, but I'm used to having a firm phone that's solid, and this is getting on my nerves a bit.

No creaks at all..in fact my Desire was much worse...but a terrible finger print magnet.

Guest BasieP

Galaxy S should be rootable via Odin and a custom kernel a-la-portal...

— Paul O'Brien (@PaulOBrien)

June 16, 2010
" data-cite="

— Paul O'Brien (@PaulOBrien)

June 16, 2010
">

anyone tried this?

Guest Sim-1
I do have a little issue with it where it seems to take a little breather before it does anything, will be interesting to see if anyone else has this issue.

same here... Plus many websites with Flash that worked fine on my Desire don't show properly here (YES I turned it on in the settings!).

Finally Wapedia doesn't work. ;)

Guest Fire2fly
Yes with succes why you think i publish a guide on www.samsung-firmwares.com

and here ;)

So you have gain root acces on this phone? In your guide you only explain how to flash a ROM.

Guest Robboftw

Any headway with regard to rooting yet?

I saw you (Paul) had posted something about it on Twitter but I wonder if you've made any progress past that?

If not, does it appear that it can be rooted at some point anyway, as I wouldn't want to buy one without at least knowing it was getting root at some point!

Cheers,

Robbo

Guest pommyg
You need to turn on USB debugging

Windows vista ;) recognises this device and a 32GB sdhc card in it and after a reboot and some sulks (a long media scan cf a 8GB card), the phone seems to work without problems with it - is it supposed to?

PS my first post here - I joined to find out a link to explain to a sickened iphone user what the difference is between rooting and flashing. Something that explained whether I would just have to root the once or every time an update came out would be very helpful. I am an ex-jailbreaker but there were some one click easy routes like "spirit" and "blackra1n" that made it idiotproof... From what I read on this forum, my hopes probably lie in Paul O'Brian...

Guest shingers5

well pre ordered iphone 4 and got it june 24th and the screen is amazing and for iphone fan boys its a major step but for me its stuff we are used too. 5 mpx cam and HD recording .......... come on we have phones that do more than that! the touch UI and ease of use can't be beat but we want more and with apple you get what you given. no matter how much you jailbreak you still are limited. roll on CPW this afternoon just browsing looked at Galaxy S and just had to have it. that screen blows iphone away. 4 inches and so sharp and crisp. it has not been flattened and resized to make it look better its all 4 inches in all its glory. iphone 3gs screen is slightly wider than iphone 4. anyway i am using Galaxy s and iphone 4 is sadly sitting idly by.

Guest thfc5975

Sold my Dell Streak which financed this, but as far as O2 are concerned im still running that for insurance purposes. Have to say so far after 3 days I am loving it, much faster and just about the right size.

This WILL be an awesome phone (even more so) when 2.2 is released into the wild.

One little bug though, I wish they had put a flash on it for photos and video.

Guest jUsT2eXy

Insurance.... the only way to claim on it will be to say you have 'lost' it or had it stolen... either way they will want you to call O2... and get them to block the IMEI... which means the person you sold it to will come back to you with a brick....

Hmmmm

Guest thfc5975

Its ok, I know for a fact its gone to India. Having worked for Orange insurance previously I know for a fact that phones that go there cannot be blocked or such.