MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest hally83
-----------------

can any 1 give a ruff battery life gestimation on this version . r18 gave me a battery life of 3-4 hours . im constantly using my phone.

only rom i can use at the mo is Amer_Bravox that can give me a reasonable battery life with my usage ruffly around 12hours.

i want to use this update but battery life is the deal breaker

Well I didnt use r18 but I took my phone off charge at 6:00am, ive made about 5 calls lasting 5 mins each, been sending texts all day and had facebook, twitter and gmail auto-syncing all day. took a couple of pictures and been on wi-fi for half that time. bluetooth on all day too.

it's now 5:30 pm so 11.5 hours and im on 63% battery.

You can always Nandroid and go back to your old rom if it doesnt suit.

Edited by hally83

Guest fireball2k
can any 1 give a ruff battery life gestimation on this version . r18 gave me a battery life of 3-4 hours . im constantly using my phone.

only rom i can use at the mo is Amer_Bravox that can give me a reasonable battery life with my usage ruffly around 12hours.

i want to use this update but battery life is the deal breaker

About 7 hours of occasional use with Pure Messenger Widget syncing to Facebook & Twitter and K-9 syncing - all of them every 15 Minutes. :/

The only thing I noticed: "Android OS" has about 20% part of my battery usage (in battery info) - I've never seen that on 2.1 ROMs.

Edited by fireball2k

Guest Frankish

Now i have finally got this rom the only thing i would change is...UVOC :lol: But i think if i change to RTrips kernel will i have any adverse effects? Or will i be ok? I only really like using modaco stuff.

Guest zilluss

I installed r19 but got problems entering the sound settings (com.process.android.settings had to be closed.... or something alike). Has anyone a fix for this?

But still: great work! Thank you very much!

Guest amirx

Dear Paul and the rest of communities, I really interested with desire and froyo. but when applying r18, i got issue.. error boot something. so i decide to wait for r19. flash-ed successful, but, the problem is, it will stuck at boot screen forever. even i wipe everything, hard-reset, format SDCARD.. but if i revert back to r22.1 no problem.. so someone facing this issues or i just having really bad day. do u have any suggestion or solution for me? thanks all.

Guest Frankish
Dear Paul and the rest of communities, I really interested with desire and froyo. but when applying r18, i got issue.. error boot something. so i decide to wait for r19. flash-ed successful, but, the problem is, it will stuck at boot screen forever. even i wipe everything, hard-reset, format SDCARD.. but if i revert back to r22.1 no problem.. so someone facing this issues or i just having really bad day. do u have any suggestion or solution for me? thanks all.

What screen do you get stuck on? If it's the white htc screen i bet you're using Rom Manager to install it aren't you?

Guest amirx
What screen do you get stuck on? If it's the white htc screen i bet you're using Rom Manager to install it aren't you?

Black screen with X there.

Guest Johnstevedoe
has this got HTC sense on it?

And why would you install A2SD because i thought froyo gives the option to install apps on sd?

No. Regarding the A2SD thing, scroll a few pages back for an in-depth explanation.

Black screen with X there.

Have you tried Volume Up+Power?

Guest amirx
No. Regarding the A2SD thing, scroll a few pages back for an in-depth explanation.

Have you tried Volume Up+Power?

Haven't. Maybe later I will give a try. Thanks. Will update after done it..

---------------------------------------------

I have done Volume up+Power, seem nothing happen. Still stuck at X page. BTW, may i know for what purpose is volume up+power? What should i do?

Edited by amirx

Guest Koh KW

Paul, just to feedback on r19. The trackpad not responding issue is still happening.

Uptime is about 12 hours, it is happening.

I did a full wipe prior to flashing.

Thanks.

Guest jfran

Hi

I added quickoffice and pdf viewer as my custom apps when cooking the Rom but cant seem to get them to work (FC) has anyone had any success, is it a compatibility issue with froyo...?? Otherwise I am happy with the Rom

Guest Guili

Hi, great Rom...

Flashed R19 and everything is fine... except one thing:

If I try to press the phone symbol, to call someone I get:

Application is not installed on the phone .. (Translated from german)

I lost also all my contacts and I can not find a contact app/widget.

I have not wiped my phone from the previous 1.21.405...

Edited by Guili

Guest StenaviN

Hello Guys!

I'm using r19 ROM (attached in the first post and self-cooked - doesn't matter).

Everything works as expected except this one: gmail doesn't synchronize when the phone is in sleep mode (screen is turned OFF).

Of cause, I'm sure, that WiFi sleep policy is set to NEVER (IOW, WiFi is turned ON always) and auto-sync is turned ON.

So, when I turn my screen OFF, I don't receive new e-mails (I use Gmail app).

When I turn my screen ON, there is a chance, that new e-mails will be synchronized automatically, but sometimes I have to goto into gmail app and press sync button one or twice in order to new e-mails arrive.

There is no such a problem with r3.1 ROM: gmail app works as expected regardless of either screen is ON or OFF.

Does anybody faced with the same problem? Is it known issue or a bug of Froyo?

p.s. I didn't find an answer neither on the forum nor on Internet.

Thanks in advance!

Guest jfran
Hi, great Rom...

Flashed R19 and everything is fine... except one thing:

If I try to press the phone symbol, to call someone I get:

Application is not installed on the phone .. (Translated from german)

I lost also all my contacts and I can not find a contact app/widget.

I have not wiped my phone from the previous 1.21.405...

Had the same issue, wiped data and all is well, my advice would be to recommend a wipe before flashing, especially from mcr3.1 as all contacts and messages were lost, and phone app error and browser fc's would be avoided

Jim

Guest ettventer

Anyone got any word on getting facebook sync working? I installed this ROM last night, and I love it, but I really need facebook sync to be working...

Guest ascito
Hello Guys!

I'm using r19 ROM (attached in the first post and self-cooked - doesn't matter).

Everything works as expected except this one: gmail doesn't synchronize when the phone is in sleep mode (screen is turned OFF).

Of cause, I'm sure, that WiFi sleep policy is set to NEVER (IOW, WiFi is turned ON always) and auto-sync is turned ON.

So, when I turn my screen OFF, I don't receive new e-mails (I use Gmail app).

When I turn my screen ON, there is a chance, that new e-mails will be synchronized automatically, but sometimes I have to goto into gmail app and press sync button one or twice in order to new e-mails arrive.

There is no such a problem with r3.1 ROM: gmail app works as expected regardless of either screen is ON or OFF.

Does anybody faced with the same problem? Is it known issue or a bug of Froyo?

p.s. I didn't find an answer neither on the forum nor on Internet.

Thanks in advance!

I suspect something similar. I also have found after a whole night in sleep mode, autosync option disabled, even if I left it enabled.