MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Loccy

Those who've still got echo problems might want to try flashing the latest Defrost Phone.apk, which has been hacked to disable the noise cancelling microphone and thus might fix the issue. Have flashed over the top of my Modaco install and it works fine (or at least it doesn't break anything overt! :lol:)

Haven't made much in the way of calls yet so not sure if it does actually help, but it's worth a try:

http://xda.b42.nl/richardtrip/phoneechotest.zip

Guest Guili

Okay, flashed r19 again including wipe.

Better now, phone is working and I was able to import the contact.vcf file.

I run Tit. Backup before this and backed up my apps and the ap settings.

After the successfull flash I started Tit. Backup and restored some app with settings.

The sdcard is formatted to have a ext3 partition.

Now I have a few apps which are installed on the sd card, but all other apps does not have

the option to move to sd card :lol:

I downloaded a app2sd app, but it shows only a few of my installed apps and all others are missing.

If I open apps in the settings menue, I see every app, but only a handfull have the option move to phone or sd card,

all other apps has this greyed out.

Now I am really frustrated :D

Thanks for any help!

Guest Dale Taylor

Thanks for your grate work Paul. Only problem I've found with this rom is the speed of Usb storage is over half that of stock rom and the 27/May r3.1 release. Don't know if it is just a general problem with Froyo FRF83 it self.

Edited by Dale Taylor

Guest battletank

For people having Facebook sync issues - I logged out of my account in the Facebook app (which clears data), logged back in, and now it's syncing fine.

Guest berdan
Those who've still got echo problems might want to try flashing the latest Defrost Phone.apk, which has been hacked to disable the noise cancelling microphone and thus might fix the issue. Have flashed over the top of my Modaco install and it works fine (or at least it doesn't break anything overt! :lol:)

Haven't made much in the way of calls yet so not sure if it does actually help, but it's worth a try:

Didn't work for me, unfortunately. Still echo on r19 with this applied.

Guest ragflan

Hi Paul. I have the r19 method on my HTC Desire. Had no problems flashing. Just wanted to thank you and everyone involved for bringing Froyo to Desire.

Initially two or three apps were crashing but I think its because I did a full restore with Titanium app from my Desire with SenseUI to the r19 method without SenseUI and maybe some data saved was messing with the apps that was restore. So I did a partial restore and have no problems at all, besides the one you listed - Camcorder not working.

To anyone that's having problems or were looking at a mini HowTo from someone that had no problems flashing, this is what I did:

1. Did a full Titanium backup (hopefully you're rooted because it'll backup all apps, link them to market so you get future app updates and also saves all settings).

2. Downloaded and copied r19 update to my sdcard. Left it in the root (not in any sub-folders) directory. Easier to find :lol:

2. I installed the ClockworkMod Recovery app from the Market. It makes it easy to boot into recovery without using the computer.

3. Flashed the ClockworkMod Recovery (that's the first option when you open the app). I think you HAVE to do that. Just select the option to flash and it'll auto-detect your device and flash it. Phone won't reboot here.

4. After it flashes, I selected reboot into recovery option. The phone will reboot here into recovery.

5. I did a full wipe. Just select the wipe option and ClockworkMod wipes everything including ext3 as well. You'll have the Titanium backup to restore everything so don't worry.

3. After wiping, I chose: Install update from sdcard and navigated through my sdcard and chose the r19 update.

4. Let it flash and then rebooted.

Just a note to new flashers, if the phone is stuck on the HTC logo for longer than normal, it's okay. Sometimes after the flashing process the phone takes a while to boot up. But if you see nothing but the HTC logo for a really long time, pull out the battery and try to re-flash the r19 update. Just so you know, I was once stuck in the boot-loop for 5 tries and the 6th time it worked. I followed all instructions but it still happened to me. So whatever happens don't panic. Just ask for help in the forums. Also having a backup phone to use while you flash the Desire would help so you wont miss any calls.

Note: If the flashing process is successful, you'll see the setup process. Go through it, open Market and accept the terms and conditions. Then do a Titanium Restore. But be careful about what you restore. I restored everything and the browser was crashing. I think it's because the HTC browser is different from the stock browser. I'm not that proficient to explain why it happened but it happened after I restore everything. So, restore non-system apps first and ensure everything is cool. If you mess up and crashes start to plague you, just wipe and reflash. I think that's the only way you'll learn.

Thanks again to Paul.

Edited by ragflan

Guest hally83
But if you see nothing but the HTC logo for a really long time, pull out the battery and try to re-flash the r19 update.

Good write up, but I think you should emphasise the word "really" and maybe add "over 20 minutes" just to be on the safe side!

Guest damiensmith212

It might just be me, but I'm having constant FC's with the maps application. Resetting permissions via rom manager had no effect. Any ideas?

Guest MrAndresson

Although applying this update didn't seem to fix the echoing on my phone (using r18), it did fix something else! My nokia CK-7W carkit had some severe echoing using the stock rom (not tested with 'unpatched' r18). Now with this update applied it works perfectly.

Guest as4m4df

I've tried quite a few froyo roms but they all seem to crash once fully loaded.

I'm pretty sure its the ext3 on the memory card, (apps2sd, thought it'd just work, what do I know!!) cause it works without memory card.

How can I solve this without formatting the card, cause that'd be cheating! :lol:

Guest Mjoed

ChompSMS seems to be a battery life killer for this r19. After 5h20min and nearly no use of anything (except ebuddy and edge connection) im at 15% battery with 24% chompsms and 22% android os usage. Dont think its a rom problem, maybe chompsms/android2.2 issue (or maybe something did go wrong while flashing), but just wanted to let you know.

Edited by Mjoed

Guest StenaviN
I'm using r19 ROM (attached in the first post and self-cooked - doesn't matter).

Everything works as expected except this one: gmail doesn't synchronize when the phone is in sleep mode (screen is turned OFF).

Of cause, I'm sure, that WiFi sleep policy is set to NEVER (IOW, WiFi is turned ON always) and auto-sync is turned ON.

<...>

There is no such a problem with r3.1 ROM: gmail app works as expected regardless of either screen is ON or OFF.

Does anybody faced with the same problem? Is it known issue or a bug of Froyo?

Actually, it isn't a problem of GMail app. I had gone further and found, that all connections became broken when the phone goes asleep.

For example, I installed ICQLite from the market and I didn't receive new messages (and more over, I'm is off-line for my interlocutors) when the phone is in sleep mode and after the phone turned on, ICQLite connects to the server an new messages arrive.

It is easy to verify my suggestion, that WiFi connection is broken when the phone is in sleep: I'm using WiFi over my HOME network, my phone has static IP (192.168.1.12).

When the phone is turned ON, I do ping command:

C:\>ping 192.168.1.12

Pinging 192.168.1.12 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 192.168.1.12: bytes=32 time=94ms TTL=64

Reply from 192.168.1.12: bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=64

Reply from 192.168.1.12: bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=64

Reply from 192.168.1.12: bytes=32 time=48ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.12:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 94ms, Average = 45ms
Everything is OK. But, when the phone is in sleep mode, I get:
C:\>ping 192.168.1.12

Pinging 192.168.1.12 with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.12:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

As you can see, the phone isn't connected to my network anymore.

Paul, am I right? Could it be fixed?

p.s. I have verified, that r3 doesn't have such a problem.

Guest EddyOS
For people having Facebook sync issues - I logged out of my account in the Facebook app (which clears data), logged back in, and now it's syncing fine.

What version you using? Tried that and it didn't work... :lol:

Guest battletank
What version you using? Tried that and it didn't work... :lol:

Using the most recent release (as included in the kitchen).

Guest battletank

Is anyone else finding that screen rotation switches off after a period of time with r19?

Very annoying, requires a reboot to get it back...

Guest EddyOS
Using the most recent release (as included in the kitchen).

AFAIK I know thats not the most recent version as the latest (v1.2) is larger in size than the one that comes with Android...might have to give it a go though as it's annoying

Edited by EddyOS

Guest mikehiow

Hrm, I got some error regarding apps2sd during the wipe, and move to sd card seems to be blanked out in application management?

How can I get this working?

Guest mikehiow
As you can see, the phone isn't connected to my network anymore.

Paul, am I right? Could it be fixed?

p.s. I have verified, that r3 doesn't have such a problem.

Wifi Settings -> Menu Key -> Advanced -> Sleep Policy

Guest StenaviN

mikehiow, Read the whole post before suggestions:

Of cause, I'm sure, that WiFi sleep policy is set to NEVER (IOW, WiFi is turned ON always) and auto-sync is turned ON.

:lol: