MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest klutsh
Hi paul, htc sync doesn't work for me, is only my problem or it's normal for this rom?

thank a lot for camcorder fix..... i have update my rom now.... OK works very very fine.........

thanks

HTC sync only works on roms with sense built in.

Guest Noonski

Going back to MCR 3.1 first to do some comparison on the battery.

on r19 the battery seems to go faster. Also Astro application manager is a bit confused ATM with restoring apps from SD. r19 really is snappier then MCR3.1 but the better performance might be the extra juice flowing from battery.

(I even have less installed ATM in r19 then in MCR3.1)

In a few days I will check your r20 again to compare battery.

What I liked most of r19 is that I haven't had one crash with LauncherPro. Did Google change something in Froyo in regards with memory management for applications. Or do you think LauncherPro is doing better because there's a lot more free memory then in MCR3.1?

With the camera fix in place, do you think there's any chance looking into the Evo HD recording Hack, or is that to much of wishful thinking? :lol:

Edited by Noonski

Guest mrSHEiK124

Is it just me or was the kitchen totally ignoring some requests earlier today?

I built and flashed a ROM w/o Twitter or WaveSecure, and with Fancy Widget, Dev Tools, Spare Parts, and Titanium Backup. ROM flashed WITH Twitter and WaveSecure and none of the additions. I wiped everything before flashing and tried it again too. Should I rebuild?

Also, is it safe to bake a flashable kernel ZIP into the ROM using the kitchen?

Guest afiorillo

Gone away from MCR for a few weeks (DeFroST, OpenDesire, etc.), now flashed back home ;-) with this r20 and...AWWWWW! the smoothest FroYo ROM ever!

After a deep wipe I got ALL my apps back installed automatically, all is just working perfectly.

I'll go for a nighttime juice draining test.

Kudos to Paul for this piece of work!

Guest Time Sheep

You know 70,000 of those views are me waiting for 720p camcorder :D

And yet the camcorder is fixed there is no HD yet :D AND NO SENSE UI :)

Still better than MCR 3.1. (Nothing but a bunch of forceclose messages for System, Phone and GoogleService :lol:)

Guest Time Sheep
Anyone figured out a way to adding locale to Froyo?

Im looking to add danish to it, but More Locales doesnt have danish :D

YAY Go for danish locale :D I want that too :lol:

Guest djshadow666

black status bar mod

Here you go, works fine for me (ZIP should flash correctly!!)

just tried it and it didnt do anything on my r20,

to install i booted into recovery and selected install zip from SD and it seemed to install.

Guest McPondy

I just wanted to double check an answer... I think it is no.

Does the "r19 with default MoDaCo additions" (pre-baked) Rom include any version of a2sd? If no, and I prep my sd card with the required partitions, will it cause any problems? ( I am assuming the answer is no to that question as well lol

Guest dancedreamfly
black status bar mod

to install i booted into recovery and selected install zip from SD and it seemed to install.

The black status bar didn't work for me as well. Can anyone whip up a working black bar zip?

Guest orthopaedeflex

Why can not save email attachement? Unfortunately, there is only the way they open.

Edited by orthopaedeflex

Guest ourfear

movie playback very slow..

i have a small mp4 file, play smooth in MCR 3.1 , but in r20, it plays almost 15fps and color changed to block/white....

Guest EddyOS
black status bar mod

The black status bar didn't work for me as well. Can anyone whip up a working black bar zip?

Worked for me, but I bake it in the ROM before flashing - not sure what else to do, might have failed to flash correctly

EDIT: Think I missed the update script, try this one please, it's not signed so you have to use Fake-Flash/ClockworkMod

update.zip

Edited by EddyOS

Guest romanpoe
You know 70,000 of those views are me waiting for 720p camcorder :D

And yet the camcorder is fixed there is no HD yet :D AND NO SENSE UI :)

Still better than MCR 3.1. (Nothing but a bunch of forceclose messages for System, Phone and GoogleService :lol:)

nobody here wants the sense UI, the aim of this ROM is to have no sense UI - android pure - froyo pure!

Guest battletank
Worked for me, but I bake it in the ROM before flashing - not sure what else to do, might have failed to flash correctly

EDIT: Think I missed the update script, try this one please, it's not signed so you have to use Fake-Flash/ClockworkMod

Works beautifully - many thanks!

Guest battletank
nobody here wants the sense UI, the aim of this ROM is to have no sense UI - android pure - froyo pure!

I disagree - Sense is still a great launcher, and until someone comes up with more scrollable widgets for LauncherPro/ADW (at the moment only Pure seem to be producing them), it will continue to offer something unique...

Having said that, I'll happily take Froyo senseless over Eclair with sense and hope that someone releases scrollable widgets for social networking, contacts and bookmarks :lol:

Guest RiotRick
Anyone figured out a way to adding locale to Froyo?

Im looking to add danish to it, but More Locales doesnt have danish :)

YAY Go for danish locale :D I want that too :lol:

More locales would be nice. Would be Dutch for me though :D

But anyway overall this r20 rom is running really well on my desire. Great job on it!

Guest sucramco

Er, speak for yourself. For me Sense UI is my favorite thing about the desire. Everyone needs to be happy.

Romanpoe, I was under the the impression of I want doesn't get. Some people demand too much.

It's all about choice. For me I am waiting for the real deal, the MCR with something for everyone. There is no rush, I am happy with the MCR 3.1.

The r20 rom is nearly there for me.

Er, speak for yourself. For me Sense UI is my favorite thing about the desire. Everyone needs to be happy.

Romanpoe, I was under the the impression of I want doesn't get. Some people demand too much.

It's all about choice. For me I am waiting for the real deal, the MCR with something for everyone. There is no rush, I am happy with the MCR 3.1.

The r20 rom is nearly there for me.

Sense UI is nice, I like that myself, but now almost all of the functions can be replaced by other applications.

But indeed, those nice replacements are not free.

sense launcher can be replaced by launcherpro, this is a very good one, and it's free.

clock and weather -> beautiful widgets (pay) or fancy widgets (free)

calender -> Jorte + android agenda widget (free) or pure calender widget (pay)

mail widget -> pure messenger (pay)

friendstream -> pure messenger (pay)

the only one that is missing is 4x4 widget for RSS, but in my experience the rss widget in Sense is not working good, it didn't do any update and sometimes it redirects me to the wrong news index.

I am using buzzbox at this moment for the RSS, it is a nice free application. Also I use FeedR (pay), but I still prefer buzzbox.

I choose to use the free options as much as possible, but I pay for pure messenger, which is worth it.

Try it, and you won't miss Sense UI after that.

Guest Sjark

R20 is awesome, but the camcorder still won't work for me. Not a big issue tbh, but I tried it out, since it should have worked, but it just reboots the device.