MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest traspler

I installed r21 (without the 2.1 build.prop) on my Desire and wanted to install Flash 2.1 from the Android Market but it does not show up... What's going on?

Guest ragflan

I know a lot of people are having problems with this ROM. I myself have some of the common problems like LED light staying constant after notifications, a few crashes here and there, but what everyone has to realise is... This ROM was never intended to be for Desire. So yes, there'll be problems. You opted into installing this ROM so you will get Froyo early. No one forced you to install this update, so demanding answers is hardly reasonable. So be patient guys. Hammering Paul here won't get any answers. And I read quite a number of comments saying, "If you don't fix this, I'll choose the other ROM."

What exactly does Paul lose if you choose the other ROM? Nothing. So again, just saying guys. Problems are bound to be a part of this ROM that was designed for Nexus One. When HTC releases the official Froyo update, I'm sure all these problems will slowly disappear with Paul's next update.

Paul, I just thank you for bringing Froyo early. Hope HTC releases Froyo soon so you can work your magic and give us a more stable update. Hope you won't be too busy with your Streak and Galaxy S haha.

Guest djshadow666

just wondering has anyone used both A2SD and A2SD+ and have they noticed much of a difference with speed of apps and internal phone memory saved.

im using A2SD and have about 40MB of internal left and wanted to know if A2SD+ would give me more space back.

Guest nitrox1

Hi,

First time running this ROM, made a custom back, but have be running DEFROST for a long time.

Is the WIFI/HSDP dropping while in standby a common problem with this ROM? as can't download large files without having to leave the screen on.

Decided not to bake with twitter and HTC_IME, now am having problems with them being stable on this ROM, after installing.

I also have the green bar on the top of youtube. XDA's app, goes into a continuous loading loop, unless back button is pressed. And often a large start up lag opening home, or coming from standby.

Nice ROM though, does seem slightly better/smoother than the DEFORT 1.7c.

Thanks Modaco

Guest djshadow666

i have just noticed the WIFI turning off when the screen turns off on the newest R21 release.

i just plug my phone in and leave the screen on, but yes still very annoying

Hi,

First time running this ROM, made a custom back, but have be running DEFROST for a long time.

Is the WIFI/HSDP dropping while in standby a common problem with this ROM? as can't download large files without having to leave the screen on.

Decided not to bake with twitter and HTC_IME, now am having problems with them being stable on this ROM, after installing.

I also have the green bar on the top of youtube. XDA's app, goes into a continuous loading loop, unless back button is pressed. And often a large start up lag opening home, or coming from standby.

Nice ROM though, does seem slightly better/smoother than the DEFORT 1.7c.

Thanks Modaco

Guest tk1978

hi basicly the rom works fine on my desire. one bug i found today. over night, my wireless and normal data connection stopped working. i switched of wireless on data and switched it on again...still not working. i had to restart the device and than it worked again.

regards,

thomas

Guest hipath

hi,

i'm experiencing a strange led-behavior - so changes to green (fully chargered) with 90% battery.

someone out there with some hints?

cheers

patrick

Guest medomedo

A small suggestion is to use a wiki page to answer FAQ. I find it more efficient. Either having a section for each issue or having a summery table where on one side the version number (e.g. r19) and on the other side name of the issue (e.g. echo).

Guest FatherD
I know a lot of people are having problems with this ROM. I myself have some of the common problems like LED light staying constant after notifications, a few crashes here and there, but what everyone has to realise is... This ROM was never intended to be for Desire. So yes, there'll be problems. You opted into installing this ROM so you will get Froyo early. No one forced you to install this update, so demanding answers is hardly reasonable. So be patient guys. Hammering Paul here won't get any answers. And I read quite a number of comments saying, "If you don't fix this, I'll choose the other ROM."

What exactly does Paul lose if you choose the other ROM? Nothing. So again, just saying guys. Problems are bound to be a part of this ROM that was designed for Nexus One. When HTC releases the official Froyo update, I'm sure all these problems will slowly disappear with Paul's next update.

Paul, I just thank you for bringing Froyo early. Hope HTC releases Froyo soon so you can work your magic and give us a more stable update. Hope you won't be too busy with your Streak and Galaxy S haha.

Here, here ragflan,

I am running this Rom and am very aware of all the little issues, but it most certainly is good to be given the opportunity to try FroYo out. I use Nandroid to backup my previous rom EVERY time, so I can always go back. I think Paul (and all those who contribute) do a bloody great job! Perhaps HTC should get Paul on the cards, with his effort and access to all their code we might all see official FroYo updates in a timely fashion - t'aint gonna hapn!!

Guest Chandler3224

Awesome Rom Paul. Many thanks.

Has anyone noticed a problem when connecting the phone to a computer? The USB doesn't mount at all using some ports, but once it's plugged into the front port it mounts fine.

Guest Jose777

Oh jeah Paul. very graet work.

I like your roms and with Froyo Android ist going adult.

And with voicedial I have every day something to laught. It works a little bit silly in german. Is it experimental?

Guest miguelsanchez79

I want to report another problem with r21.

After few days of use display won't rotate anymore.

Anyone alse having this sort of problems?

Guest jtoxx

Hi Paul, I want to ask whether you work for embedding other languages into their Froyo ROM. Mainly I'm interested in Czech language. Thank you for the info

Guest sporkguy
Hi! May i know which pre-baked rom contains Chinese input & A2SD? is it the 2nd link?

Hi, please consider the size of the text you're quoting in future! I believe the prebakes are English-only, you'll need to sign up to MoDaCo adfree or Plus and bake a custom ROM with the Chinese IME

Guest Tobias R
Just installed r20 and the only thing so far that doesn't work seems to be CoPilot it closes with the message:

"Invalid Library

CoPilot's code cannot be loaded by the system"

And after that it closes.

Don't know if this is a fault in the ROM or in CoPilot...

CoPilot isn't compatible with Froyo at the moment

Guest tk1978

ok, there ist realy a bug, that the phone after a while diddnt connect to the APN. i use a couple of hours wireless connection and if i want to switch to data connection (i disable wifi), nothing happens. i musst reboot the phone and thenn it works again....

fix? :)

Edited by tk1978