MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest io41
Really even the ECHO on PHONE CALL? Can you confirm it? Thanks :)

Um, on a fresh boot it's gone, but it appears sometimes, usually only after several hours of uptime. I can't reliably say when it's there and when it's not.

Guest Franzosich

Sorry i didn't see the reply... To be honnest my mother call me, and i didn't hear any echo or something like that, even in R20 & r19... So for me, it's clean and clear :)

Guest ravenchad
I tried this ROM today and didn't get any echo in the couple of test calls I made. Back on stock now but that's another story.

Why?

Guest peckony
Of course it won't as HTC will have written the radio to get the hardware working properly

Xda Dj Droid has a new radio which apparently fixes echo and white noise issues. I have flashed it but not had a chance to test it out as yet because it's quite late here. Thought I'd give you guys a heads up, heres the link 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04.zip. Wifi seems to have improved as i had lag problems between it and my router before

Guest ourfear
Xda Dj Droid has a new radio which apparently fixes echo and white noise issues. I have flashed it but not had a chance to test it out as yet because it's quite late here. Thought I'd give you guys a heads up, heres the link 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04.zip. Wifi seems to have improved as i had lag problems between it and my router before

i flalshed it too, 2.2 sense ui really fast and smooth...

maybe paul can release a custom version... there are too much applications inside the rom.. and now i have 17MB on internel memory only... i dont use and dont like app2sd..

Guest saisquare

I have flashed the new version radio directly to r21, the echo and white noise disappeared.

However recording using camcorder causes rebooting of phone.

Maybe its related to the patched camcorder?

Guest r5ingh
I have flashed the new version radio directly to r21, the echo and white noise disappeared.

However recording using camcorder causes rebooting of phone.

Maybe its related to the patched camcorder?

I can also confirm the above at my end, Using camcorder with new radio causes reboot. Is it me or is the market also REALLY slow?

Edited by r5ingh

Guest hipath
I can also confirm the above at my end, Using camcorder with new radio causes reboot. Is it me or is the market also REALLY slow?

same here

Guest tommo123

now, which froyo to go for? this one with apps2sd+, but no 720p recording, or this one with 720p recording, but no apps2sd+

here's hoping for a mix via the kitchen at some point

Guest scopes64

From what I have read flashing the new radio will fix the echo/white noise but will break the camera app as the camera will need either an updated kernel or libs (or both) still to be confirmed.

Edited by scopes64

Guest Paulo Nobrega

hi guys.. sorry about the noobs questions.. ehehe

but Froyo does not support install of apps already in SD card?? We still need A2SD for that???

Guest Paulo Nobrega

and btw, I was trying now to update to this froyo rom..

i upload the ROm to the SD card and changed the name to update.zip.

I entered fast mode, then on recovery mode by pressing volume up and power... I dont have the Desire connected to the pc.. So.. I dont have the nandroid option.. Just the reboot option, the wipe and apply update.zip-

When i try to apply update.zip is gives an error... something about unsigned and it just aborts... any ideas??

Guest GutterClown
and btw, I was trying now to update to this froyo rom..

i upload the ROm to the SD card and changed the name to update.zip.

I entered fast mode, then on recovery mode by pressing volume up and power... I dont have the Desire connected to the pc.. So.. I dont have the nandroid option.. Just the reboot option, the wipe and apply update.zip-

When i try to apply update.zip is gives an error... something about unsigned and it just aborts... any ideas??

Yeah, you're doing it wrong.

Try the fake-flash.

The concept here is 'update.zip' is actually a custom recovery image, so you're not actually applying an update, it just boots into a better recovery image.

So you leave one 'update.zip' on your phone for recovery, then you can load any roms or images or updates, and not need to rename them.

Give that a go mate. Also, get the app "ROM Manager"

Edited by GutterClown

Guest Time Sheep

I have a simple question here.

Appearently it varies what is broken on my phone.

I started off with r18, and I was readied on that camera didn't work.

I just figured that the phone app and the messaging app FC'ed when using them, so I couldn't place calls and send/recieve messages, so I installed Handcent and Dialer One to replace them.

r19 came out I flashed it, and the phone app was fixed. Messaging still didn't work, and I stayed with dialer one since it's better than the standard dialer.

r20 came out, camera was fixed, messaging still didn't work and i installed ProLauncher to replace the stock launcher as i find it clumsy.

r21 came out, browser force closes and messaging still doesn't work without handcent, and I disgust handcent. In fact all browsers exept Dolphin HD FC's on my phone when I open them, and there is some issues with DolphinHD that makes me want to use the stock browser for certain webpages...

BTW, if I want to wipe, and I have A2SD+, can I then just wipe the built-in memory and flash the ROM again and then my apps will stay with me?

Guest gavinchappell

Is anyone having GPS problems with r21? Previously my handset would get a GPS fix typically after about 30-45 seconds, however I tried to use Google Maps this morning and it wouldn't get one at all. I've installed GPS Status from the Market and this is showing between 1 and 3 satellites but 0 fixes even after several minutes. Could this be a ROM problem?

Guest cyam95
I have a simple question here.

Appearently it varies what is broken on my phone.

I started off with r18, and I was readied on that camera didn't work.

I just figured that the phone app and the messaging app FC'ed when using them, so I couldn't place calls and send/recieve messages, so I installed Handcent and Dialer One to replace them.

r19 came out I flashed it, and the phone app was fixed. Messaging still didn't work, and I stayed with dialer one since it's better than the standard dialer.

r20 came out, camera was fixed, messaging still didn't work and i installed ProLauncher to replace the stock launcher as i find it clumsy.

r21 came out, browser force closes and messaging still doesn't work without handcent, and I disgust handcent. In fact all browsers exept Dolphin HD FC's on my phone when I open them, and there is some issues with DolphinHD that makes me want to use the stock browser for certain webpages...

BTW, if I want to wipe, and I have A2SD+, can I then just wipe the built-in memory and flash the ROM again and then my apps will stay with me?

I had the same problem before, usually clean wipe will and reinstall the ROM will solve most of the problem.

Not sure about A2SD+ tho.

Guest medomedo

Hi everyone,

I see some traffic regarding new Radio software. I would like to know what such a radio effect. I thought it manages RF (radio frequecy) elements in the phone (WiFI, UMTS, FM Radio). But while reading some people say that for the 720p feature to be availble we need a new radio !! Thanks for info.

Peace!

Guest Paulo Nobrega
Yeah, you're doing it wrong.

Try the fake-flash.

The concept here is 'update.zip' is actually a custom recovery image, so you're not actually applying an update, it just boots into a better recovery image.

So you leave one 'update.zip' on your phone for recovery, then you can load any roms or images or updates, and not need to rename them.

Give that a go mate. Also, get the app "ROM Manager"

thanks man.. Didn't knew about the ROM Manager app. Installed it already and it looks real cool.. I now can do the nandroid backups withou a pc... Also install new roms from android.. To bad it does not support yet Pauls Roms... Hope we get it some day...

I never had space issues with my Hero but with my Desire im always having low disk space. So im gonna try now to update to this rom and use A2SD+. Never done it before. And I thought Froyo supported that natively :)

So, im gonna partitionate SD card with ROM Manager and bake this ROM with A2SD+. Wish me luck... LOL

Guest Paulo Nobrega

Ok.. ups...

I partitioned my SD card with ROM Manager... 512 for apps and 0 for swap..

Then entered rom manager, choose to update rom that i baked here (froyo + A2SD+)

no errors shown.. they it rebooted, showing HTC logo, then quietly brilliant... then puff... All back like it's dead... only removing battery i can try and do the same...

did i did something wrong?