[EN][ROM][24/09/2010] Sense 2.5.2018

Guest shadowangel

Guest plguzman

The thing with 6.5 is that the total memory available is 8 or 9 Mb less than 6.5.x. You can have a 8MB PP ROM in 6.5.x and your total RAM will be 159MB. That's your "starting point".

6.5 with 8MB PP gives you 151MB total RAM @ starting point.

Guest shadowangel
The thing with 6.5 is that the total memory available is 8 or 9 Mb less than 6.5.x. You can have a 8MB PP ROM in 6.5.x and your total RAM will be 159MB. That's your "starting point".

Isn't there a program that let's you change the pagepool of the nb0 to your liking?

By putting every HTC program in the cook, I let you choose what you want and what you don't ;)

@redzone321

Have you tried disabling the tabs that you don't use? As I said, my cel right now is my kitchen and I cannot test this a lot... You can try SKTools as well and disable the services that you think aren't ofyour liking ^^

If you try that, please put your results for us :(

shadowangel

Guest speedfrog

maybe it would be faster and have more ram, if you made a rom based on twu2`s script and with just your htc sense, without unnecessary htc tabs (Document,stock,twitter) and programs sush as Footprints,Peep,streaming media,restart windwos,wifi router,rss hub,jblend,digital compass(thats not working BTV)

and without the programs you have added:

* FM Radio

* GPRS Counter

* Lock Screen (with Manila's skin) not the lockscreen, i realy like it ;)

* Office 2010

* Power Calculator

because we can install these programs by cab file, insted of having them on the device memory.

this is just a suggestion to make the rom faster and with more ram, but its your rom and you could do whatever you want with it :(

Edited by speedfrog

Guest redzone321

honestly even if you have 159 vs 151 as a starting point i believe in the end after wm starts running you have nearly identical free ram amounts. thats why i called it fake ram. this is just a rough comparision between 6.5 and 6.5.x roms that ive tried.

Guest Frentraken

Any chance the RSS thing on the home tab will start showing actual feeds instead of just looking like it should? Other wise this rom is awesome, and I love it.

Guest shadowangel
maybe it would be faster and have more ram, if you made a rom based on twu2`s script and with just your htc sense, without unnecessary htc tabs (Document,stock,twitter) and programs sush as Footprints,Peep,streaming media,restart windwos,wifi router,rss hub,jblend,digital compass(thats not working BTV)

and without the programs you have added:

* FM Radio

* GPRS Counter

* Lock Screen (with Manila's skin) not the lockscreen, i realy like it ;)

* Office 2010

* Power Calculator

because we can install these programs by cab file, insted of having them on the device memory.

this is just a suggestion to make the rom faster and with more ram, but its your rom and you could do whatever you want with it :(

There is already a Office 2010 cab working? Because there weren't that I kept it on the cookin'

And as said, this is a beta and beta is supposed to do! Exchange of experiences... tomorrow I'll give an extensive look on the HTC packages that I have in the "pot" and start diggin' them out of there as I, as well, want a ROM not only pratical, but useful :)

Any chance the RSS thing on the home tab will start showing actual feeds instead of just looking like it should? Other wise this rom is awesome, and I love it.

This is something that I was looking for as well... but everytime I got a little closer of seen' anything there, the layout of the screen got screwed =/

I'll read some foruns (I liked that bar too) :D

Guest speedfrog
There is already a Office 2010 cab working? Because there weren't that I kept it on the cookin'

no,but you could download it from marketplace

Guest shadowangel
no,but you could download it from marketplace

Only if you already had the previous version... that was what people were saying at the time... so I kept it... Are you able now to download it fully?

Guest speedfrog
Only if you already had the previous version... that was what people were saying at the time... so I kept it... Are you able now to download it fully?

from marketplace? yes

Guest speedfrog
It will be removed then ;)

:(

will Power Calculator,FM Radio and GPRS Counter be removed?

Edited by speedfrog

Guest shadowangel
;)

will Power Calculator,FM Radio and GPRS Counter be removed?

Yes... I'll study an ultra lite HTC side as well

Our devices are not as robust as theirs so we cannot have everything (even though most of it we wouldn't use anyway :()

Guest speedfrog
Yes... I'll study an ultra lite HTC side as well

Our devices are not as robust as theirs so we cannot have everything (even though most of it we wouldn't use anyway :))

yes! I ;) htc sense ultra lite roms

will you remove the dialer? :(

have you consider this in your rom?

http://www.modaco.com/content/verizon-sams...ing-on-omnia-2/

Edited by speedfrog

Guest speedfrog
The dialer is sooo nice... and can be disabled so easily... ;)

About that link, FPUEnabler doesn't work on JEX =/

i know its nice,but it take alot of memory, how do i disable it?

Guest shadowangel
i know its nice,but it take alot of memory, how do i disable it?

The same way you'd disable Samsung dialer:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin]

"Enabled"=dword:1, you should change to 0 and reboot your Omnia

Guest speedfrog

in your next rom, can you delete the htc shortcuts to the tabs from the start menu? becasue when i tried to delete them the just came back after a softreset.

Guest Laruku Jr.

Shadow,

First of all, I want to thank you very much for your best Sense ROM I've ever used. IMHO, it's not just the latest core but it also the best build. ;) By the way, I have a little question to ask:

How could I make the RSS hub to display the news on first page?

Please suggest.

Guest diverdude

First of all Mr. Shadow, I want to thank you for this awesom Rom. THIS IS THE VERY BEST 6.5.x ROM EVER BUILT FOR OUR OMNIA 2'!!!!!

I Love the Lock Screen, and the Home Screen, I Love all the HTC stuff you were able to get working in your Rom, and I Love the Rom because It works better then the other Roms out there!! You surprised us all with a Rom that was different then the other Sense Roms to date. The Rom simply works really well and that makes the phone fun to use again!

There are the problems mentioned in the previous pages that need to be fixed but you still cooked a great Rom for us all to use. I would like to see a few other apps added into the Rom like Advanced Config. and O2 Flash, and Clear Ram 2.2, etc.....

I know you can add these into the Rom with cabs later but I don't want to have to add 30 cabs just to have a usable lite Rom. What I am saying is please don't make another ultra-ultra lite rom where we have to add everything back in to be able to use the the phone. Please stay true to the Rom you built for yourself and please stay creative and different so we have something that dosen't look like the other Sense Roms out there.

Thanks again for your fine work!

Diver

Guest jeffrey2000

I've been using it now for 1 day, great rom!! MUITO BON!

Codecs: all video codecs work normally again!

Speed: sense in this build 2016 is faster then all previous ones even with processor settings on auto!

Facebook: just had to to insert Facebook tab myself but worked after straight away.

Battery: Battery life seems great till now.

Graphics: Seems faster with these graphics, you can still optimize settings (flipclock animation) after applying cookie v1.8 but rss ('shortcut') will be gone after. After applying the settings in cookie you need to restart sense manually cz it doesn't reboot automaticly after anymore to apply the new changes.

Sense1: Experienced the white boxes 1 time but guess that's due the fact that it ran out of memory and changed the bitmaps to white, after closing open apps / clearing the cache (cleartemp/cleanram) dis/enable sense it was gone already.

Sense2: RSS reader doesn't seem to be very functional as it doesn't display anything on the homescreen so it's basicly just a shortcut to the rss program cz of this extra feature the coockie 1.8 hometab messed things up after.

TIP/FYI:

-maybe implement ameba will be better to close apps straight away.

-maybe implement: pinch to zoom? new feature (work in progress) but already works on our i8000 in some programs.

-Outlook shortcut can be deleted.

-Email signature still says: "Sent from my HTC" maybe this can be changed.

-Can the sense clock change to 24 hrs instead of AM/PM? This does'nt seem to change after I set it to 24hrs in the samsung or Windows settings, problem was not there in previous rom with build 2013.

-xt9 kb is fixed with the reg file on the 1st post.

-After you enable (or remove htc dialer) the default samsung JE3 dialer videocall option 'should' work again, but when you install this manually you cannot call anymore after clicking on a 'contact thumb' from inside the people tab, nothing happens after.

xau!

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest shadowangel
Hi Shadow,

have you uploaded the normal lock screen wif password version?

looking forward to this.

thanks.

Damn man... I was supposed to upload it yesterday, but forgot the file at my work... Tonight! xD

Shadow,

First of all, I want to thank you very much for your best Sense ROM I've ever used. IMHO, it's not just the latest core but it also the best build. :( By the way, I have a little question to ask:

How could I make the RSS hub to display the news on first page?

Please suggest.

I'm reading some foruns about this Sense build and it seems that even on HTC that HUB doesn't show what it seems to be made for... the latest update for a RSS =/

I've been using it now for 1 day, great rom!! MUITO BON!

Codecs: all video codecs work normally again!

Speed: sense in this build 2016 is faster then all previous ones even with processor settings on auto!

Facebook: just had to to insert Facebook tab myself but worked after straight away.

Battery: Battery life seems great till now.

Graphics: Seems faster with these graphics, you can still optimize settings (flipclock animation) after applying cookie v1.8 but rss ('shortcut') will be gone after. After applying the settings in cookie you need to restart sense manually cz it doesn't reboot automaticly after anymore to apply the new changes.

Sense1: Experienced the white boxes 1 time but guess that's due the fact that it ran out of memory and changed the bitmaps to white, after closing open apps / clearing the cache (cleartemp/cleanram) dis/enable sense it was gone already.

Sense2: RSS reader doesn't seem to be very functional as it doesn't display anything on the homescreen so it's basicly just a shortcut to the rss program cz of this extra feature the coockie 1.8 hometab messed things up after.

TIP/FYI:

1-maybe implement ameba will be better to close apps straight away.

2-maybe implement: pinch to zoom? new feature (work in progress) but already works on our i8000 in some programs.

3-Outlook shortcut can be deleted.

4-Email signature still says: "Sent from my HTC" maybe this can be changed.

5-Can the sense clock change to 24 hrs instead of AM/PM? This does'nt seem to change after I set it to 24hrs in the samsung or Windows settings, problem was not there in previous rom with build 2013.

6-xt9 kb is fixed with the reg file on the 1st post.

7-After you enable (or remove htc dialer) the default samsung JE3 dialer videocall option 'should' work again, but when you install this manually you cannot call anymore after clicking on a 'contact thumb' from inside the people tab, nothing happens after.

xau!

1-I tried AmEbA once and it kind of messed up the graphics... But that was some time and build ago, so I'll give it a try again.

2-As it is Alpha, I prefer to leave it aside for now

3-I'll study where HTC inserts those icons from the Sense tabs and outlook/calls and remove them

4-I'd changed that signature on a middle build I was testing and forgot to change it again.. it is a REG key that needs to be altered:

**[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Signature]

**"Name"="Sent from my ..."

5-Have you tried Settings=>Locale &Text=>Regional=>Use 24-hour format?

**By setting to my locale, the setting is grayed out (guess it forces me to use local standards) but if I change it the setting is opened again (but I didn't try it)

6-Thks for the info ;)

7-That is why I put HTC dialer as a default dialer. It's a very integrated system.

As stated on the posts, Despite the fact that the more HTC programs the better will be the experience, We do not own a HTC device with its 512MB RAM... I just saw a lite (not an ultra lite) HTC Sense that, after boot, offered to its user 300MB+ free memory... What is needed to do is a balance it.

shadowangel

Guest shadowangel
Can anyone teach me how to use that reg file for xt9 ? sorry for my ignorance ;)

You can use Resco Explorer(shareware) + Resco Regedit, go to the folder you put the reg file and click on it :(