[EN][ROM][24/09/2010] Sense 2.5.2018

Guest shadowangel

Guest willis111
Did it work after you install it? If it did, it is not what's wrong... If it didn't...

If you changed the sense language there is a Tip on the first page that you missed...

No I don't... But it shoudn't be any different... I've seen some people at XDA with sense on WM61...

I have too, I saw a regedit that was used a while ago to run sense on 6.1 but can't seem to locate it anymore. I know there are more than a few roms on xda w/6.1 and sense 2.5 but they're just roms and none of the threads seem to contain this info. Maybe I'll try pming a few more people on their boards.

Edit: That sms timestamp fix works with your newest 21911 still but not 23128. They must have changed the registry a bit in that branch, pity.

Edited by willis111

Guest Sinistersky
Did it work after you install it? If it did, it is not what's wrong... If it didn't...

If you changed the sense language there is a Tip on the first page that you missed...

No I don't... But it shoudn't be any different... I've seen some people at XDA with sense on WM61...

idk what happened...now it works again...i lold...anyway...problem fixed..by itself :D :)

Guest shadowangel
Hello Shadow maybe you can get ahold of the one who made teh below rom and they can help you get it to boot?

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...aling-thai-eng/

Okay... you convinced me to continue my tries :)

I know what I need to do to get it working... Just didn't have the patience :D

If you could download sinancetinkaya's ROM and, using i900 executor from Pako (on i900 forum), get it's XIP (and put it here as I cannot access any download server from here) I'll continue my tries (after seeing 90MB free ROM I've got a boost rs):D

Executor=>PDA=>Other=>Select the nb0 and tick the XIP box

Guest redzone321

Will do when i get home! work till 6pm eastern time. :P at 90 mb of ram :P

Okay... you convinced me to continue my tries :)

I know what I need to do to get it working... Just didn't have the patience :D

If you could download sinancetinkaya's ROM and, using i900 executor from Pako (on i900 forum), get it's XIP (and put it here as I cannot access any download server from here) I'll continue my tries (after seeing 90MB free ROM I've got a boost rs):D

Executor=>PDA=>Other=>Select the nb0 and tick the XIP box

Edited by redzone321

Guest shadowangel
Will do when i get home! work till 6pm eastern time. :D at 90 mb of ram :D

No need... I managed to get it and I'm working on it right now :)

Guest shadowangel
If theres anything i can do let me know!

Computer like information:

System booting... OK!

Manila locking the system... Fail!

Searching for solutions...

:)

Guest shadowangel
how is it going on the 6.1 version?

will you make a JG5 6.5 or 6.5.x version?

ÃŽ had to go away from work :)

I've managed to disable Sense... Interesting as without Sense the program memory after boot is 107Mb :D

Resumin'...

Thanks

:D

Edited by shadowangel

Guest redzone321
ÃŽ had to go away from work :)

I've managed to disable Sense... Interesting as without Sense the program memory after boot is 107Mb :D

Resumin'...

:D

so now to find the bug that's crashing sense? Maybe its a particular tab .

Guest shadowangel
so now to find the bug that's crashing sense? Maybe its a particular tab .

No it's not... I've opened some threads on XDA and MobileUnderground asking for them to help me and I'm waiting... It seems some base HTC apps have to be reverted back to very old ones for them to work on 6.1... I don't even think it's worth... But I'll wait for them to answer for me to continue... If I have to go a lot back I think I'll drop the subject...

On the meantime... Just cooked a JG5/2017/WM 23128 and a fix that makes the contact tab use Samsung dialer (but pt-BR) and the normal facebook tab (not the Sense tab addon) is working fixed as well :)

I'm testing it and if I see that it works fine I'll drop an english one tomorrow :D

Edited by shadowangel

Guest shadowangel
maybe take out messenging first as newer versions are not friendly

I thought that as well but the HTC Messaging opens just fine... I tested it... I found that HTC Album doesn't work on 6.1 as it should...

I'm waiting for them to answer so I do not waste time flashing and flashing... it is very frustating... :P

good to hear :)

looking forward to the english version :D

Hope it works :D

Guest redzone321
I thought that as well but the HTC Messaging opens just fine... I tested it... I found that HTC Album doesn't work on 6.1 as it should...

I'm waiting for them to answer so I do not waste time flashing and flashing... it is very frustating... :D

Hope it works :)

understandable. really to me all i want is home page, contacts(with htc dialer), weather, text and email.

all others i do not use as I find stand alone programs work better. How hard is this to make? maybe you can send me a short guide and packages so i can attempt myself?

Edited by redzone321

Guest shadowangel
understandable. really to me all i want is home page, contacts(with htc dialer), weather, text and email.

all others i do not use as I find stand alone programs work better. How hard is this to make? maybe you can send me a short guide and packages so i can attempt myself?

The problem is that I don't know the package that is making the phone freeze...

Manila has a lot of minor packages that are its pillars... If you miss one, It stops on the "Loading Sense..." message and doesn't give you any tip on what is wrong... Let's wait till tomorrow to see if any of the threads I opened have some answer.

Guest dkjwong

Hi shadowangel,

my first post...

thanks for your work, of all the roms I've tried, yours is the most stable. The others always froze up on me at least once or twice a day, and I kept trying new ones every 3 or 4 days to see what I liked. Then you and your roms appeared in this forum and I found the one I was hoping for.

Only two problems I have found using your JE3 build.

1. When Auto rotation kicks with Opera10 started, the home screen gets stuck in limbo when I select it after having been in landscape mode for a different screen, but then if I go to the start menu, manual rotate with button 2 to landscape then back to portrait, then everything is fine. The only time i have ever had to restart was before I figured this out.

2. Settings/Personal does not have "input options". Thus I cannot change my Swype options, which I installed separately.

Number 2 is more important to me, do you know what is going on?

Thank you, thank you, thank you, your ROM is awesome.

Also, I got back from a long vacation and I saw your new roms. I'm tempted to try them, is there a good reason to try the RC builds, like battery life?

derek

Guest mokkimhong

HI Shadow,

just to let you know.

you winmo 6.5 RC4 is having the problem as you had in RC1.

1. SMS display only 25 messages in tab(eg. 1/25, 2/25 .... 25/25)

2. MMS can be sent, can be received, can be notified receipient, but Cannot Open.

3. blah blah blah that happened in RC1.

i have been using your winmo 6.5 RC2 for quite sometime,(2 months i guess), and it run almost perfectly.

it does not have the problem mentioned above..

btw, my phone is experiencing heavy memory leak problem...

i uses only Opera Mobile 10...

dun know why.. half a day usage left only 15MB RAM....