HELP! Can't take pictures with my camera

Guest blaziblade

i installed CameraSoundSh1.cab from the post below and it screwed up my whole camera after UNINSTALLING IT through main storage.... i can only use the camera shortcut the open the camera and cant do anything else once i get into the camera app. the lock button, end call button,cube and the ok/close button is not working.. the only working hardware button is the Call button. (when i press the call button it brings up the dialer..... To me.. my camera is as equally important as my wifi on my phone... Really hope that someone could come up with a solution to this.. THANKS!

Cabs for easy and fast Registry Tweaking

In this thread you can find Cabs (made by Tylwith) that will make applying some of the Registry Tweaks posted above a lot more easy and fast.

Below a short description:

CameraSoundSh1.cab Disable autofocus sound, recording sound and SHUTTER1

DisableCameraSound.cab Disable autofocus sound, recording sound and SHUTTER3 (so you need to set the camera to SHUTTER3)

Enable_Settings_rotation.cab Enables the settings menu in 6.5 rom and also allow to map the rotation to a hard key

EnableDialerSkin.cab Enable Samsung Dialer

DisableDialerSkin.cab Disable Samsung Dialer

Touch.cab Encrese the screen responsiveness/sensitivity

DisableSkinSmsEmail.cab Disable Samsung Skinned Email and Sms application

EnableThreadedSms.cab It only works after using disableSkinSmSEmail.cab

4RowsMenuWithHoneyComb.cab Make 4 rows for windows 6.5 start up menu with honeycomb

StartMenu_Grid_5.CAB Make 5 rows for windows 6.5 start up menu without honeycomb (from XDa forum)

OldStyleStart.CAB Old style (but big size and fingerfriendly) Start Menu for people who don't like wm6.5 start menu

Shetlander_Honeycomb_Start_Menu.cab (by XDA developers) Enable "3 columns with big icons" Honeycomb in start menu

SettingMenu.cab Add 6.1 menusettings for people who want to enable/disable touchwizUI on wm6.5 (Uninstall the cab after use)

DisableStartShutdownSounds.cab Disable Start and ShutDown sounds

lightsensorfix.cab fixes the light sensor refresh rate on WM 6.1 (On 6.1 the sensor refresh is too short so basicly the screen change every second of brightness so it's no good for visual effect nor for battery life.) (Tested on H5)

EnableFrontCamera.cab enables the front camera

Guest blaziblade
I think by putting a new Camera.exe file into \Windows might help.

I won't be able to upload original Samsung Camera.exe file, but you can try here

i've tried replacing the new Camera.exe but it pops out with an error saying "The File CAMERA cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. if the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring the file "

Now, i cant even open the camera app... Why is that so?

WHat should i do is this cant be solved? Does reflashing a new ROM help solve this problem?

Guest sixx07
i've tried replacing the new Camera.exe but it pops out with an error saying "The File CAMERA cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. if the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring the file "

Now, i cant even open the camera app... Why is that so?

WHat should i do is this cant be solved? Does reflashing a new ROM help solve this problem?

i am afraid so..