Samsung Galaxy S Problems

Guest AntonyW999

Guest mkrogh
Arggg... i am having this problem too... and nothing works. I've tried resetting drivers, reinstall them, unmount/mount internal sd, startup with usb plugged in...

But still, still im getting a switching screen between connection screen and home screen, so frustrating... This phone is amazing but when it comes to pc connectivity it really loses from all other manufacturers *sigh* :)

Can someone pleasehelp?

EDIT: I have made a video from it @ youtube ==>

Mine does the same -

Ive tryed A LOT -

But still NO GO - Darn ...

MKrogh

Guest timoki
Arggg... i am having this problem too... and nothing works. I've tried resetting drivers, reinstall them, unmount/mount internal sd, startup with usb plugged in...

But still, still im getting a switching screen between connection screen and home screen, so frustrating... This phone is amazing but when it comes to pc connectivity it really loses from all other manufacturers *sigh* :)

Can someone pleasehelp?

I had this problem too for two weeks but finally by combining different instructions managed to solve it!

I really didn't want to format my SD card as I had no backup of anything as the Kies was not working. I tried to unmount/mount the cards, tried to find strange extensions etc but nothing helped.

Finally I cleaned the temporary internet files+cookies+history of all internet browsers ("original", opera, dolphin). After that when connecting the phone with USB the MTP application didn't blink anymore and I could get the connection working! :D

Guest shivatink
I had this problem too for two weeks but finally by combining different instructions managed to solve it!

I really didn't want to format my SD card as I had no backup of anything as the Kies was not working. I tried to unmount/mount the cards, tried to find strange extensions etc but nothing helped.

Finally I cleaned the temporary internet files+cookies+history of all internet browsers ("original", opera, dolphin). After that when connecting the phone with USB the MTP application didn't blink anymore and I could get the connection working! :)

s u r rite cleaning cookies will solve the problem r remove the sd card unmount the internal storage and back up ur all needs the go for restore factory settings now the phone will restart then in computer u must update the kies firmware by clicking the top left corner button which has update kies firmware it will take 1 r 2 min then connect ur phone in kies mode will connect sure ... most importantly connect to the back usb on computer dont connect in front.....

please... someone...

I tried to flash XWJM2 because I didnt feel like JP3 was stable enough for my apps. Now Ive got a big problem.

The only thing my phone does is showing a telephone -- ! -- pc logo. I can get into download mode. But when I try to flash any firmware Odin gives me error with some chinese signs.

Somebody knows what to do? Please help!

Guest Andrew Luecke
please... someone...

I tried to flash XWJM2 because I didnt feel like JP3 was stable enough for my apps. Now Ive got a big problem.

The only thing my phone does is showing a telephone -- ! -- pc logo. I can get into download mode. But when I try to flash any firmware Odin gives me error with some chinese signs.

Somebody knows what to do? Please help!

1) Pull battery + cable

2) Put back in battery

3) Wait 5 secs

4) Hold down Home+vol down+power

4) Download mode.. Reflash..

1) Pull battery + cable

2) Put back in battery

3) Wait 5 secs

4) Hold down Home+vol down+power

4) Download mode.. Reflash..

I tried what you said. It didn't work :)

Please look at the attached screenshot. Maybe you can give me some advice!

thanks in advance

post-743804-1281515350_thumb.jpg

Guest Andrew Luecke
I tried what you said. It didn't work :)

Please look at the attached screenshot. Maybe you can give me some advice!

thanks in advance

I've never seen that error.. Maybe try again, with another ROM.. Also, I recall seeing somewhere that people who had their computers language set to a complex language like russian or chinese had issues with odin.

I've never seen that error.. Maybe try again, with another ROM.. Also, I recall seeing somewhere that people who had their computers language set to a complex language like russian or chinese had issues with odin.

hey andrew,

Ive managed to get past the errors. Odin started to flash... but... it doesnt seem to make progress! im stuck at:

<ID:0/006> Added!!

<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..

<ID:0/006> File analysis..

<ID:0/006> Set PIT file..

<ID:0/006> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!

No blue progress bar on my phone. Nothing happening at odin...

do you (or anyone else) know what to do?

Thanks!

Guest Andrew Luecke
hey andrew,

Ive managed to get past the errors. Odin started to flash... but... it doesnt seem to make progress! im stuck at:

<ID:0/006> Added!!

<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..

<ID:0/006> File analysis..

<ID:0/006> Set PIT file..

<ID:0/006> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!

No blue progress bar on my phone. Nothing happening at odin...

do you (or anyone else) know what to do?

Thanks!

It happens sometimes.. Reset the device again, plug the cable into another port, and try again.

Guest pepsiboy

I just got a Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant and I absolutely love it. However I hate Kies. I have been having issues with connecting the phone via USB. After installing Kies, the first time the phone successfully connected and I was able to transfer some music to the phone.

However when I tried to connect the phone a second time I got an error on the phone that the MTP application had crashed and I was forced to close it. After which the phone's screen would flash between the home screen and the MTP application, similar to the video posted by Arnie753 Youtube:

I contacted Samsung support on this issue. They immediately responded back and said that if I was running Windows XP and Media Player 11, I needed to follow some steps to remove Media Player 11. I have attached the instructions to this post

Unfortunately for me I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I responded back with this information and they confirmed that the only work around is to format the internal SD memory card before connecting to the PC. They are working on a firmware update to resolve this issue.

So to connect I have had to do the following:

1. Go to Settings and select the SD Memory option

2. Unmount the internal SD card

3. Format the internal SD card (will automatically remount after formatting)

4. Connect the phone to the PC

Hope this helps people

MTP_Device_Fix.pdf

Guest Nesousx

Hi all,

I have been experiencing connectivity issues: unable to use kies / mount the phone as external HDD. I found a fix that work 100% for me on several computers / OS. Only tried it in order to use ADB and "external HDD" mode.

I only enabled USB Debugging Mode (in Applications > Dev), then once the USB cord is plugged, I manually mount the phone from the phone's taskbar,

Hope it helps...

Guest LeeUHF

1. Go to Settings and select the SD Memory option

2. Unmount the internal SD card

3. Format the internal SD card (will automatically remount after formatting)

4. Connect the phone to the PC

My phone doesnt have the option to "Unmount the internal SD Card"

Its blacked out you can read it but not touch it???

Guest Voxhound

Hi Folks, I have a Galaxy S and have had the problem when connecting to Kies on my Win 7 32 bit machine, that the phone displays MTP Application screen, then the home screen and cycles between the two. I have tried everything recommended in the various forums, including unmounting and formatting both internal and external SD cards. Then I read the following post http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=37 which says the bug has been found and it is file names with more than 16 characters after the last dot (.). I switched my USB to mass storage and mounted it, backed up the internal SD card, then manually searched for such files. In my case I found one in a directory from Skyfire browser, and two more in the thumbs directory under DCIM, (for cooliris). When I deleted these files the problem was gone.

The report was posted on the French Gizmodo site, translation here http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y...sl=fr&tl=en

Guest Dan Mullen

But still, still im getting a switching screen between connection screen and home screen, so frustrating... This phone is amazing but when it comes to pc connectivity it really loses from all other manufacturers *sigh* :huh:

Can someone pleasehelp?

1. Make sure you are running the TouchWiz launcher.

2. In the SD settings screen, unmount the external SD card (if you have one).

3. If you are a user of the app SoundHound, delete the SoundHound directory from the internal SD card. It contains a number of cache files that have odd file extensions - these stop Kies form working.

Guest av8consultants

I too had the same problems as I had only had my phone for a few days and had downloaded software when the flashing screen when connecting to PC happened. Prior to that I first had problems when i connected to the pc for the first time after installing KIES software. I had to reinstall the drivers from the disc supplied with phone and I got it working. However it will not connect if you are not in the home screen and the phone is locked.

After getting that fixed 2 days later I had downloaded Soundhound from the android market. No probs with the app on the phone but later when I reconnected to the computer the phones' screen starts flashing and the pc wont recognise the phone in 'my computer'".

After hunting around on the net for the problem I have found the solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delete Soundhound from applications list on phone by going to settings/manage applications/ pick the app and delete it. Then go back to apps and pick"my files" and you will find a soundhound folder and delete that too. Problem fixed! Your best bet is to not use Keis and just use my computer on pc to manage files. :huh: ;) :(

I''m no techy but sites like this help us dum dums... thanks.

Guest Dan Mullen
I too had the same problems as I had only had my phone for a few days and had downloaded software when the flashing screen when connecting to PC happened. Prior to that I first had problems when i connected to the pc for the first time after installing KIES software. I had to reinstall the drivers from the disc supplied with phone and I got it working. However it will not connect if you are not in the home screen and the phone is locked.

After getting that fixed 2 days later I had downloaded Soundhound from the android market. No probs with the app on the phone but later when I reconnected to the computer the phones' screen starts flashing and the pc wont recognise the phone in 'my computer'".

After hunting around on the net for the problem I have found the solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delete Soundhound from applications list on phone by going to settings/manage applications/ pick the app and delete it. Then go back to apps and pick"my files" and you will find a soundhound folder and delete that too. Problem fixed! Your best bet is to not use Keis and just use my computer on pc to manage files. :huh: ;) :(

I''m no techy but sites like this help us dum dums... thanks.

I've had similar issues myself and the solution is just to delete the Soundhound folder from the internal SD. It contains cache files with odd names that Kies doesn't like for some reason. You can leave the application installed and it will run fine next time you use it.

Guest n.v.vandenbergh
Is anyone else having trouble connecting their Galaxy to a PC? I don't know whether mine is faulty or not. Downloaded the Samsung Kies software but when I plug in the Galaxy Windows is unable to find a MTP USB device driver and the phone refuses to connect. This happens on both XP and Windows 7. Also the Galaxy has a complete fit and keeps flashing between the home screen and MTP application screen while it's connected. And I don't get the usual Android option to mount for file transfer. Am I missing something?

i just found the solution after some hard work:

delete the soundhound folder from your phone.............

so easy! it worked for me and it's worth the shot right?

now i'm happy:D

Guest Dan Mullen
i just found the solution after some hard work:

delete the soundhound folder from your phone.............

so easy! it worked for me and it's worth the shot right?

now i'm happy:D

See my previous post... :huh:

Guest Bluegray

I had the same exact problem. Unit kept flashing the home screen and the USB screen non-stop in Kies USB mode. As suggested, I formatted the internal SD and it solved the problem. Un-mounting the internal SD was not sufficient for me but formatting solved the problem.

Thanks!!! :P

This was driving me insane!

Uninstalled SoundHound and it still did it and couldn't find any folders relating to it through the default file browser. Using Titanium Backup I found and deleter the f'ers!

Pretty average that Samsung could let such a nominal problem cause so much havoc. Isn't that what testing is for?

Edited by Pud

Hi guys,

what data loss can i expect from an Internal SD format?

cheers and sorry to be such a n00b

Almost everything.

Contactrs, Pics, SMS, Music. Anything that's non default.

Guest prof1967

I was having exactly the same problems with Keis and my Galaxy S until yesterday.

I decided to have a spring clean and do a complete reinstall of Windows Vista (32-bit) on my HP laptop. I then ran Windows Update which took a long time ass there were 103 updates required. I then reinstalled Kies, let it auto update to the latest version, set USB connection to Samsung Kies and conencted the USB cable. Amazingly everything worked. Phone is now visible in Kies, Windows Media Player 11 etc.

I made no changes to the Galaxy S (deleting file extensions over 16 characters or removing any applications), didn't download any patches or make any other changes via Regedit,

I can only assume that with the amount of software that has been installed and uninstalled in the past there was something modified in the registry previously which was causing the problem. However only time will tell.

Hopefully everything will keep working until I have upgraded to the official release of Froyo when it becomes available

if you have problem like this:

-> 64 bit problem

you should install the latest version of kies (ver 1.5.1.10083) - you can download it from australia region -> support 64 bit

believe or not it works...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

if you have problem like this:

clip_image002_thumb1.jpg

try this (below) - WORKS FOR ME :lol:

-Close Kies on PC

-Connect the phone to PC / Laptop & Select Mass Storage Mode.

-Select the USB icon from the Notification section in Samsung Galaxy S to Mount the drive.

-You should now see Phone’s Internet Memory (& SD Card) in My Computer.

-Download the following "Utility Here"" and save it on the desktop.

-Run the utility click search, then select Phone’s Drive and then SD Card’s Drive (if you have SD card in your phone).

-The utility will find the bad files’ list and now you have to go to that location in My Computer and delete all the files listed and then do a research.

-Once you get no results as shown below you are good to go.

clip_image003_thumb1.png

-Do the same steps for Phone’s Memory & SD Card (if you have one in your phone).

-Disconnect your phone and re-connect the USB.

-This time select Kies PC Suite option and 100% it will install the MTP USB Device without any problem.

I-Luv-Indonesia.gif

:) I LOVE INDONESIA :(

Edited by cuentil