Java Support?

Guest hotlips69

Guest hotlips69

Can someone please tell me if there is native java support on the Galaxy-S as this is really important for me to know before I potentially purchase one as I very regularly use a specific program written in java (Betfair Mobile)? :(

If not, are there any java emulators that are known to work with this phone? ;)

Guest magicdanw

Android OS, along with all of its apps, are primarily written in Java. I've haven't used a real Android yet so I don't know if you can launch an app written for a generic Java cell phone, but I would suspect there is a way... Still, don't take my word for it. Oh, and gambling's bad ;) jk

• 2 months later...
Guest Dan Mullen
Can someone please tell me if there is native java support on the Galaxy-S as this is really important for me to know before I potentially purchase one as I very regularly use a specific program written in java (Betfair Mobile)? ;)

If not, are there any java emulators that are known to work with this phone? :huh:

For info, the full Betfair website works great in the Galaxy S browser :(

Guest mleithner

The app you're looking for is most likely Jbed.

Dalvik (the native Java runtime) won't run regular J2ME apps.

Aaaand fail. This is an excerpt of logcat's output when trying to run it.

D/dalvikvm(30480): Trying to load lib /system/lib/libjbedvm.so 0x4879df70

I/dalvikvm(30480): Unable to dlopen(/system/lib/libjbedvm.so): Cannot load library: link_image[1728]:  2184 could not load needed library 'libsgl.so' for 'libjbedvm.so' (load_library[1058]: Library 'libsgl.so' not found)

E/jbedservice(30480): WARNING: Could not load jbed native lib jbedvm

Basically, the Galaxy S is missing a library that would be needed to run it. If someone provides that library, it MIGHT work.