Wifi, standby mode and backlight

Guest mal93

Guest mal93

i have a problem using wifi. In the battery option i choosed to not turn off the wi fi if the sistem is suspended, but now when the sistem goes in standby mode it just turn the backlight on till i shut down the wifi. Is there anything to get rid of this?

my mobile is a samsung omnia sgh-i900 16g, windows mobile 6.1

Guest Krazi101

ive had the same problem since day 1...have tried a lot of different roms, both 6.1 and 6.5 and the problem remains on all of them. I don't have experieince with other winmo phones, but for now I will say its a hardware issue. Also, sometimes when the phone does finally stay in standby with the Wifi on, it has actually gone into a endless sleep, not being able to wake up and will get really hot. Hitting the soft reset button is the only fix.

Guest o-w-a
ive had the same problem since day 1...have tried a lot of different roms, both 6.1 and 6.5 and the problem remains on all of them. I don't have experieince with other winmo phones, but for now I will say its a hardware issue. Also, sometimes when the phone does finally stay in standby with the Wifi on, it has actually gone into a endless sleep, not being able to wake up and will get really hot. Hitting the soft reset button is the only fix.

Yes or tak out the battery.. I have the same problem even with other roms i think its a custom rom problem more then hardware lik finger mouse...

so no solutions? i'll use it only with opera then, disabling wifi when i finish. Thanks for replies

I use "don't sleep wifi". It keeps the screen on, but honestly It is 100 times better to keep the phone with wifi & backlit on, than to have a messenger (skype,nimbuzz,etc.) on 3G.. At least in my case the a messenger on 3G drains the battery like crazy. I suggest to try it at least.

Guest o-w-a

I think i got something... Well it doesnt lock the device but it dims the screen... Just check the "Turn off backlight if device is not used for" option and wait till the screen dims