Froyo 2.2 for Desire will come?

Guest tangyiyong

Guest neomoz

Reading the source release notes from google, it seems google have made a big effort in open sourcing more parts of the code that was closed and also made dependencies easier to remove/replace in an effort to ease the process of vendors migrating their customizations over to the newer code base.

Here's hoping HTC get an updated sense out real soon.

Guest neoDite

Well HTC have only just got there hands on froyo.

So to be honest i wouldn't get my hopes up for atleast 1-2 months, infact i would guess longer as they are rolling it out on more than one phone, and they are not sure what phones they are doing them for yet.

Probably depends how long it will take them ;) so they don't have another problem like the Hero

Guest vasillvrus

As far as I remember HTC is going to upgrade everything that was released in 2010 to Froyo (that's what they've said when google has announced it). So they should be working on desire, legend, wildfire and whatever stuff the've got on US market.

Considering previous experience with HTC (my Hero is still waiting for promised Eclair) I would say couple of month...

Guest klutsh
Well nexus one just got the official 2.2 ota update so froyo was released as promised. Now its up to HTC to port sense.

Or as some might see it, now it's up to HTC to screw up Froyo.