The Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide

Guest Azurren

Guest BigBearMDC
Next on my list under "Look and Feel" :)

But I'm having a hard job scrounging them all up and finding out which versions work with which roms

Editing the Look and Fell of the ROMs should be all the same, if you just replace the graphics in "some.apk/drawable" (maybe with AnDE :()

BTW I'll release a final (3.0) version of AnDE, with autosign option etc., and I'll make it OpenSource then ;)

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest h3dshot
Great thread Azurren ;)

hahahah dont be offended:) your name is a little difficult to remember

let me rephrase

i tried to install the drivers from the thread made by that great guy 'ogiogi', which unfortunately still didnt solve this:P

Guest ogiogi
hahahah dont be offended:) your name is a little difficult to remember

let me rephrase

i tried to install the drivers from the thread made by that great guy 'ogiogi', which unfortunately still didnt solve this:P

Non taken. I was just making fun of my self ;)

Guest mlang
Find the device, right click it and click "update driver"

That's part of the problem - which device? The phone turns up about 5 times in different guises and places.

I think I'll try it via a live disk instead - see if it works ok.

Thanks for your help.

Guest Azurren
That's part of the problem - which device? The phone turns up about 5 times in different guises and places.

I think I'll try it via a live disk instead - see if it works ok.

Thanks for your help.

Yeah I'm sorry. I have had no experience with finding the correct device / driver as Windows 7 downloaded one for me.

Update:

Some Custom Frameworks have been added!

Next, custom boot screens

Guest DanWilson

Great way to steal my master plan of forum domination ;) :( !!!1!!

But still, I said to you to do it and you did it, much better than I had imagined possible! Well done and if I find any faults / think of any additions I'll shout a lot for you. And I now know have a big thread to link questions to, instead of answering them, although I might look and see if I can elaborate. Make it easier ya know?

BTW - Stick it up!

Edited by DanWilson

Guest Azurren
Great way to steal my master plan of forum domination ;) :( !!!1!!

But still, I said to you to do it and you did it, much better than I had imagined possible! Well done and if I find any faults / think of any additions I'll shout a lot for you. And I now know have a big thread to link questions to, instead of answering them, although I might look and see if I can elaborate. Make it easier ya know?

BTW - Stick it up!

:)

I've thought of making a guide for ages.. I just needed a kick up the but

Guest Azurren
Every boot animation i try and install states that its not signed?

Anyone else had this?

Did you open / modify any of the .zips?

Sorry I have not tested installing them myself. However users are reporting them working on the origonal thread ;)

Guest Simon O
Every boot animation i try and install states that its not signed?

Anyone else had this?

You don't install boot animations through recovery. You push them to your device using adb. They go into the /system/media/ folder.

Guest Azurren
You don't install boot animations through recovery. You push them to your device using adb. They go into the /system/media/ folder.

Oh sorry ;)

Must have got muddled between the custom frame works :(

Guest YusufP

Awesome guide.

Been a bit on the fence my self with custom updates and what not, this will definitely clear alot of things up for me!

Was just wondering, the guide states that when using a Custom 2.1 Rom it is recommended to NOT have the Customized HU patch installed.

Was wondering how I would get rid of that as I have that currently installed.

Is it as simple as reinstalling the Original 2.1 Update and not installing the Customized HU patch?

Many thanks.

Guest Azurren
Awesome guide.

Been a bit on the fence my self with custom updates and what not, this will definitely clear alot of things up for me!

Was just wondering, the guide states that when using a Custom 2.1 Rom it is recommended to NOT have the Customized HU patch installed.

Was wondering how I would get rid of that as I have that currently installed.

Is it as simple as reinstalling the Original 2.1 Update and not installing the Customized HU patch?

Many thanks.

Yes it is that simple ;)

Hope you find it helpful!

Guest YusufP
Yes it is that simple ;)

Hope you find it helpful!

Definitely do man.

Once again, I really do appreciate you taking the time to help noobies like me! :(

Guest Spooke

Need some clarification here, can someone confirm that the 2.1 to 1.5 downgrade file is only 166kb??

I was expecting it to be a ROM about 60mb +??

Guest Fusion0306
Need some clarification here, can someone confirm that the 2.1 to 1.5 downgrade file is only 166kb??

I was expecting it to be a ROM about 60mb +??

It only re-formats partitions on your phone (or so I understood). After that you install 1.5, 1.7, or whatever you want

Guest Spooke
It only re-formats partitions on your phone (or so I understood). After that you install 1.5, 1.7, or whatever you want

So I apply that repartion update, then straight after boot into recovery to flash a custom 1.5 rom?

because this tutorial says, (Doesnt say anything about flashing a custom rom?)

Step 4: Power off your Device. When the phone has fully powered off press and hold the following buttons: POWER + RED (End Call) + VOLUME UP

You may release these buttons when the message "Preparing Update" appears on your screen

Step 5: Confirm that you wish to update and allow the device to run it's course. The phone may get stuck on "Restarting" if so wait a few minutes then remove and re-insert the battery

If your phone "Fails to Update" Please refer to the FAQ [here]

Step 6: Allow your phone 5+ minutes to boot up for the first time.

Guest Fusion0306
So I apply that repartion update, then straight after boot into recovery to flash a custom 1.5 rom?

because this tutorial says, (Doesnt say anything about flashing a custom rom?)

Step 4: Power off your Device. When the phone has fully powered off press and hold the following buttons: POWER + RED (End Call) + VOLUME UP

You may release these buttons when the message "Preparing Update" appears on your screen

Step 5: Confirm that you wish to update and allow the device to run it's course. The phone may get stuck on "Restarting" if so wait a few minutes then remove and re-insert the battery

If your phone "Fails to Update" Please refer to the FAQ [here]

Step 6: Allow your phone 5+ minutes to boot up for the first time.

Quote from "Huawei allowed us to return to 1.5 or whereever we want":

You flash this UPDATA:APP - i guess it restores the firmware id.

Then you can flash dec update or any other UPDATA.APP, since it contains the first release ID.

You put the appropriate UPDATA.APP to /sdcard/dload and flash.

Just tried this to downgrade my Pulse from 2.1 to 1.5. Works perfectly. Flashed the DecemberUpdate and then superboot, amonra and restored my nandroid backup :D

1. Install the "Time Machine" UPDATA.APP

2. Install the December Update UPDATA.APP

3. Install Amon-Ra recovery

4. Wipe just in case. (Probably not needed...)

5. Nandroid restore

6. ????

7. PROFIT!! :lol: :D

Edited by Fusion0306