[ROM]AMDZero ZeroSense (DC23) v2.0 (23569)

Guest amdzero
1 - I do not like s2u2, how can I revert back to the Samsung lock screen?.

I tried to activate the lock from the Samsung setting but it won't work.

2- Do I need to have battclock running all the time?, can I disable it?

Thanks AMD

I'm hard at work on a new release. Its still very beta, as I dorked something up and spent 4 days trying to recover what I'd lost. So back to square one (almost) with sense, but it IS comming along.

There are two things making it shy of perfect in my eyes, and that is co0kie Home Tab not being able to edit (not a real big deal, you can edit the registry to move stuff around) and the lack of memory. I can't do much about the lack of memory, except remove some functionality from sense itself. I can get it to load with about 80MB RAM free, but with no music/picture/twitter/facebook/documents/stocks support. Kinda limited, but I'm still working it.

I should be releasing a new beta soon.

Guest rolobolas
You can delete both S2U2 and battclock from the start up menu in your windows folder and they wont run anymore, but you can't fully remove programs cooked into a rom. For battclock you can also run and close it at any time by just running the exe.

This thread deals with re-adding the samsung lock to roms, this post in particular has a link to the files to add back in manually, but I haven't tried any of it.

Found the files and worked like a charm.

Thanks for your help.

I hope that AMD continues with the development of the Sense rom.

Thanks again.

Guest rolobolas
I'm hard at work on a new release. Its still very beta, as I dorked something up and spent 4 days trying to recover what I'd lost. So back to square one (almost) with sense, but it IS comming along.

There are two things making it shy of perfect in my eyes, and that is co0kie Home Tab not being able to edit (not a real big deal, you can edit the registry to move stuff around) and the lack of memory. I can't do much about the lack of memory, except remove some functionality from sense itself. I can get it to load with about 80MB RAM free, but with no music/picture/twitter/facebook/documents/stocks support. Kinda limited, but I'm still working it.

Sorry, I did not see your post. I am very happy to know that the work is in progress. I am using your rom right now and after finding programs and tweaks here and there I got it running nicely.

Keep it up, I am sure that you will resolve the minor issues and rest assure that all of your die hard followers like me, are ready to test your new releases.

Thank you :)

I don't understand the editor in sense, the only time I was able to get it to work was while running the gtx theme but I don't understand what could change in just a theme.

I don't see that as limited, the only tabs I use are email, messages, calendar and weather...I can't stand the HTC music player even running on HTC devices and really have no reason to have any of the other stuff on my home screen. Perhaps you could release a light version with that extra bit of speed, but only if you have the time for it of course.

Guest amdzero
I don't understand the editor in sense, the only time I was able to get it to work was while running the gtx theme but I don't understand what could change in just a theme.

I don't see that as limited, the only tabs I use are email, messages, calendar and weather...I can't stand the HTC music player even running on HTC devices and really have no reason to have any of the other stuff on my home screen. Perhaps you could release a light version with that extra bit of speed, but only if you have the time for it of course.

I might just do that as a test, and see if ppl like it. The lite version would be faster than the full, as releasing a full still takes time. I'll see what I can come up with.

I might just do that as a test, and see if ppl like it. The lite version would be faster than the full, as releasing a full still takes time. I'll see what I can come up with.

That would be greatly appreciated :)

Just curious .. wat happens if i flash it on my i8000 ?

will there be problems or will it be bricked ? :)

It probably wouldn't boot, or if it did you wouldn't have any functions that work except for maybe the camera or fm radio, there's quite a few differences between the two versions of the O2. I don't think it would brick though the only thing you would flash would be the pda and you can always flash a i8000 pda over it.

Edited by bmt10

That would be greatly appreciated :)

It probably wouldn't boot, or if it did you wouldn't have any functions that work except for maybe the camera or fm radio, there's quite a few differences between the two versions of the O2. I don't think it would brick though the only thing you would flash would be the pda and you can always flash a i8000 pda over it.

oh well thanks :) wished it came out for i8000 looks totally great :(

Guest rolobolas

I totally agree with you on the tabs and player, I use Core player, Resco photo manager, Garmin XT, Google and sometimes the free navigation from Bing. We don't need all that bloating and crapware connecting every five minutes sucking up memory and battery power.

Guest amdzero
oh well thanks :) wished it came out for i8000 looks totally great :)

You know I tried to make a i8000 rom once, but I didn't get any support so I gave up. You can flash to PDA to your i8000, but you won't be able to make calls use the camera, use the buttons. You could use bt and wifi if I remember right, but with out the "phone" portion of your phone, its not worth it.

I'd be willing to package my content up and bake a i8000 rom again, if I actually HAD a beta tester for it.

Guest rolobolas
You know I tried to make a i8000 rom once, but I didn't get any support so I gave up. You can flash to PDA to your i8000, but you won't be able to make calls use the camera, use the buttons. You could use bt and wifi if I remember right, but with out the "phone" portion of your phone, its not worth it.

I'd be willing to package my content up and bake a i8000 rom again, if I actually HAD a beta tester for it.

I need some help.

Everything works fine except email. I double check and triple check my settings but I am only receiving emails and can't send them. The error message says "The message could not be sent, Check that you have coverage and that your account information is correct."

One thing I have noticed is that the little icon up on top of the screen used to show a "3G" connection and now is showing "EV"

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

I forgot.

I am using Verizon Wireless.

Edited by rolobolas

Guest rolobolas
I would hope so, these are i920 ROMS.

I need some help.

Everything works fine except email. I double check and triple check my settings but I am only receiving emails and can't send them. The error message says "The message could not be sent, Check that you have coverage and that your account information is correct."

One thing I have noticed is that the little icon up on top of the screen used to show a "3G" connection and now is showing "EV"

Any ideas on this problem?

Edited by rolobolas

Guest amdzero
I need some help.

Any ideas on this problem?

What type of email are you using (hotmail, google, exchange, pop3, etc.)

Edited by amdzero

Guest rolobolas
What type of email are you using (hotmail, google, exchange, pop3, etc.)

Both Google and pop3, also why is the phone showing EV connection instead of 3g?

The funny thing is that I don't have any problems browsing the internet.

Edited by rolobolas

Guest amdzero
Both Google and pop3, also why is the phone showing EV connection instead of 3g?

The funny thing is that I don't have any problems browsing the internet.

The icons are irrelevent. They are simply showing a graphic representation of a .dll file. Yours is pointing to a different file. I may have to reflash this to check it out. I haven't used this version in quite some time.

Guest rolobolas
The icons are irrelevent. They are simply showing a graphic representation of a .dll file. Yours is pointing to a different file. I may have to reflash this to check it out. I haven't used this version in quite some time.

Thanks.

Any suggestions or fixes for the email problem?.

Guest rolobolas

Crap!!! I just realized that I have the DG21 latest version installed and you cooked this rom for the DC23. The thing is that everything I tried works with the exception of sending email either with pop3 or gmail.

Well! what should I do next?

Thanks again for all your help

Edited by rolobolas

Guest rolobolas
Crap!!! I just realized that I have the DG21 latest version installed and you cooked this rom for the DC23. The thing is that everything I tried works with the exception of sending email either with pop3 or gmail.

Well! what should I do next?

Thanks again for all your help

AMDEEE, Where are thee? :)

Guest chatmaster20

Hi AMD,

I have a problem with my Zerosense. If the number is not in my address book, the caller ID doesn't show me anything, just a black box. Does anyone else have the same issue. It is fine if the person is in my Contacts.

Also, is there a program like WiFi Router or what would you recommend that I could use for my Omnia as a modem.

Thank you very much!

Guest amdzero
Hi AMD,

I have a problem with my Zerosense. If the number is not in my address book, the caller ID doesn't show me anything, just a black box. Does anyone else have the same issue. It is fine if the person is in my Contacts.

Also, is there a program like WiFi Router or what would you recommend that I could use for my Omnia as a modem.

Thank you very much!

I think the phone canvas that I used in this rom is the newer one. You could try the imagio phone canvas (thats what I NOW use).

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?sho...t&p=1433311

Also when I tether my laptop through my phone, I use USB or BT using the internet sharing icon. Just make sure that your usb mode is set to active sync and not mass storage for the usb option.

or you could install the HTC comm manager, which has wifi router capability (via ad hoc mode).

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=60373

• 1 month later...
Guest Xmaster

THIS ROM IS FOR ORIGINAL OMNIA I8000? OR ANOTHER?

Did I put on OMNIA (SGH-I8000) MY BUT NOT CHARGE BATTERY AND THE PHONE IS CLOSED, that CAN NOT USE THE PHONE TO CALL ON ANYONE

Guest amdzero
THIS ROM IS FOR ORIGINAL OMNIA I8000? OR ANOTHER?

Did I put on OMNIA (SGH-I8000) MY BUT NOT CHARGE BATTERY AND THE PHONE IS CLOSED, that CAN NOT USE THE PHONE TO CALL ON ANYONE

This thread is for i920 ONLY. I tried to make i8000, but no-one wanted to help me test it. I DO NOT own a i8000, and cannot create magic without the device.

Guest amdzero
amdzero please plizz .cab theme AMDZero for omnia i8000 and you cab theme for manila :) thank you very much :)

as stated before, the theme I use incorporate .dll files that are not signed properly. Because they are cooked in, they work fine. If I create a cab for you then it won't allow the .dlls to be used. If you tell me how to back up a manila theme, I'll cab it for you.