[UPDATED][MOD] Google Maps [brut] 4.4.0 stockified PROPER

Guest squrl

Guest Nanux

Will be there modified version of 4.4.0? With these installed maps I cannot update to the new version. I expect it is possible to uninstall this maps and install original but I really like the offline map caching feature.

Guest squrl

4.4.0 will be up as soon as Brut.all releases his 4.4.0 based mod. Only god know when that will be...

I just got Starcraft 2. brut15 will be in about 6 months ;-)

:(

Edited by squrl

Guest wingjammer

Hey thanks for the welcome addition. Been looking for a good car dock. Is it possible to just mod the stock Android car dock?

Also I found the phone call button didnt work. Also the footprints, but Im figuring there I dont have an app installed. And the settings panel didnt open. Any idea whats wrong. Cheers for the addition.

Guest squrl

I see you own a Nexus, that's the source of your problems. The Car Panel calls for packages that are not present in your ROM.

Next version of my mod will have an option to install modified Car Home app, so just hold on :)

Edited by squrl

Guest snapilica

Very nice mod you got here :)

One quick question. I've flashed the carhome version first thinking it's the "Car Panel" app that's build in r7 but then I realized it isn't and I flashed the navipanel to mod the right app.

But now i have both apps installed and I want to get rid of Car Home. Any easy way of doing this?

Thanks

Very nice mod you got here :)

One quick question. I've flashed the carhome version first thinking it's the "Car Panel" app that's build in r7 but then I realized it isn't and I flashed the navipanel to mod the right app.

But now i have both apps installed and I want to get rid of Car Home. Any easy way of doing this?

Thanks

Have you any knowledge of adb commands? If not, I'll provide you with a flashable fix in a few minutes.

EDIT: here ya go http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7800630/brut/remove_carhome.zip

Edited by squrl

Guest snapilica
Have you any knowledge of adb commands? If not, I'll provide you with a flashable fix in a few minutes.

Well I don't have a quick way of setting up adb, so if it's not very hard for you a flashable fix would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

EDIT: Thank you for the quick response!

Edited by snapilica

Mod now rebuilt from scratch, package name changed, no need for modded additional apps now. Stock apps like Car Panel/Home, Footprints works, Chrometophone works...

Need some testing done before I make the files available for download. If you want to test it right now, PM me (include which version you have installed now).

If everything goes well, downloads will be up tomorrow morning. For those of you, who installed previous versions of the mod, I'll provide fix packages, which will (along with the proper Maps mod) revert Car Panel/Home and Footprint to their stock versions.

I have found the reason, why some of you we're unable to install the app. It's because some stock-maps related data are still present on the phone. It results in signature verification failure because the mod uses the same shared uid as the stock app and hence the certificate which is used to sign the mod doesn't match the certificate of the stock Maps. The package gets ignored then.

I have wiped everything, baked a fresh MCR r8 ROM and now everything is working flawlessly. So if you are experiencing the install issue, I suggest you backup your apps + their settings via Titanium backup (but don't include Maps in that backup), wipe /data, /cache & dalvik cache and then restore your backup. Or if you don't mind, you can just wipe & reinstall your ROM without Maps baked in and flash the mod afterwards.

I will update all the packages with the fixed version of the mod, downloads will be back soon.

Edited by squrl

Guest lucasjohny

Hi think I screw up the installation procedure my self, actually your package need clockmod rom manager to install but i just did the normal update.zip exe so it stall and showing installation abort, now I'm using clockmod and everything work as it. Think you better bold the clockmod rom manager for others more easy to know the installation procedure. By the way do you have car home from nexus one cause galaxy s doesn't come with this apps.