FRF91 (deodexed) for LiquidE [Rev 4.3]

Guest phhusson

Guest phhusson

Flash over (any?) Eclair bin.

You'd better to wipe data before flashing it, I won't do it for you (to enable people to update)

Update (unsgined !) with:

http://poolp.org/~phh/Froyo91-rev4.3.zip

Thanks to simoneser for the previous splashscreen

Thanks to bouteilledelait for the current one.

Thanks to koud for making think of trying codeaurora's stuff.

Thanks to liquid_it for actual su update.

Known bugs:

-Default backlight to 0 (broken light o meter)

-If you happen to wipe cache (it's wiped with data on malez recovery, and wiped on nandroid restore), apply this update file: http://poolp.org/~phh/Froyo91-fix3.3.zip

-Video camera doesn't work, and photo camera is crashy on some apps. (Please report with logs !)

-You must have NO ext2 partition on your sdcard!

-LEDs aren't used at the maximum of their capabilities (Android app coder needed !)

-LiquidE doesn't full get RAM. (need testers)

-Bluetooth should be considered as not working.

Like my work ? Please donate !

Release notes

-This is a deodexed ROM, so moders can have more fun on it ;)

-Hint: to force APP2SD for all apps, do, in a shell (connectbot, adb shell, better terminal, or whatever.) and as root (ie after su), pm setInstallLocation 2

-dalvik-cache has been moved to /cache

Changelog

The update-only is available here: http://poolp.org/~phh/Froyo91-fix3.3.zip

- Rev 2 (Fix 1 and later)partly fixes camera.

- Rev 2.1(Fix 1.1 and later) fixes camera's settings (contrast and saturation) to better values. Still you should use an app that let you change it.

- Rev 3 (Fix 2 and later) fixes wifi sleep.

- Rev 4 (Fix 3) adds some support for LEDs. The LEDs' timing have been changed, so that blinking modes are actually usable. I've also added some blinking of the leds on softkeys (on attention led ~= receiving call), but after all it seems totally useless. It doesn't include cgatay's change, so missing calls appear as normal notification (ie mail LED)

- Rev 4.1 (Fix 3.1) revert LiquidE change, should make them boot again. Also reenabled ramzswap.

- Rev 4.2 (Fix 3.2) Adds haptic feedback (can be disactivated with echo 0 > /sys/module/avr/parameters/vibr ). Update SU and ChromeToPhone

- Rev 4.3 (Fix 3.3) Fixes a FC of barecode scanner. Fixes a random "half" reboot.

Details for noobs

Which devices/ROM are supported ?

All Éclair ROMs should be supported. Use one of the 1.100.xx to be sure.

This works on Acer Liquid and Acer LiquidE. It possibly boots on Acer Liquid Stream, but some things won't work.

Root

This system has been rooted with Superuser 2.2.2.

Overclocking

Overclock can harm your device, yourself, or even your god (him|it|her)self

The included kernel has default maximum frequency setted at 768MHz, which is stock frequency.

It is possible to overclock the phone, use the SetCPU software (available from market).

The available frequencies are, in kHz: 245760,384000,576000,768000,883200,921600,960000,998400,1036800,1075200,1113600,

The frequencies up to (including) 880MHz are at 1.25V and lower. Upper frequencies are at 1.3V.

Stock voltage is 1.3V, so testing these frequencies should be safe, still I give no warranty about that.

The SetCPU setting isn't persistant by default, just reboot if your phone froze/failed because of overclocking.

How to flash ?

First, you need to have a working Éclair ROM flashed on your phone. Then flash a recovery (malezrecovery is the only one I know for the liquid).

Put Froyo91.zip on your microSD card.

Reboot into recovery, then go in the flash menu, and select Flash WITHOUT sign. Select Froyo91.zip file, and confirm the flash.

Then reboot, and enjoy.

Infos for modders

Detailed Changelog:

- Rev 4.3:

Updated libcamera.so:

+ http://gitorious.org/liquide/android-open/...bf781e0c74347c1

Fixes Force Close on barcode scanner if the camera app hadn't been launched before

Updated lights.salsa.so:

+ http://gitorious.org/liquide/hardware_msm7...e7173d8f958caef

Fixes random userland-only reboot, it was because of bad code in backlight changing.

Edited by phhusson

Guest akira.pwr

i don't understand; this rom can be an update? after flashing bin (wich version?), nandroid restore, then flash this rom without wipe dalvik?

Guest phhusson
i don't understand; this rom can be an update? after flashing bin (wich version?), nandroid restore, then flash this rom without wipe dalvik?

Without wipe data !

Wiping data in malezRecovery also wipes the cache partition.

Guest dr3amz

lost track how many times i've reflashed 1.100.05 since i had this phone lol

gj phhu! testing once i've installed =]

Edited by dr3amz

Guest android76

Thanks Phhusson !

But I have a big problem ; after flash, I doesn't have Contacts and Telephone apps in the launcher ;) But I found them with adb on /system/app/

It's very strange, do you have an idea of the problem ?

Sorry for my bad english

EDIT : Thanks Bais it works fine now :(

Edited by android76

Guest phhusson

Fix added. See second link in the first post. No need to wipe anything. If you format data, you'll have to reinstall it. (yeah after all there are some things that MUST be in /data.)

Guest dr3amz
Fix added. See second link in the first post. No need to wipe anything. If you format data, you'll have to reinstall it. (yeah after all there are some things that MUST be in /data.)

cool fixed...

BUG? no screen rotation