rebel/data - APNs with mnc != 01 disappearing

Guest d1kk1e

Guest d1kk1e

Hi all,

I've got voice and SMS working reliably (no failure in 10 days and still going) on t-mobile using a rebel sim without too much hassle.

The problem I have now getting data to work, I cannot add the apns for t-mobile - every time I change the mnc or mcc to something other than 01 and go to save it just disappears. Is this something o2 has done to stop it being used on other networks? Is it something that will be corrected by installing a new rom (when one is available)?

Guest PaulVlagsma

Mine, Telstra Australia, say MMC 001, but APN: telstra.internet MMC: 001 just works!

I spent a day trying to set the MMC to 505, like it is on my Hero, and the APN just disappeared when it was saved.

Left the MMC on 001, and the Edge, 3G etc. all work OK.

Guest d1kk1e

doesn't work for t-mobile :lol:

I have found some settings in /system/PreladNetworkSettings that seems to contain the hardcoded apns, I'm wondering if changing them in here will solve the problem

Guest fantasytozi

I just cant get to work for 3g, cant setup APN for working. MNC and MCC on my network have to be different than 01 and 001

Guest vinokirk

Everything works ok on mine, but i do get service dropouts. All i do is pop my sim in my HD2 then back in my Streak and I get signal again (sometimes on my HD2 I have to manually set the network to t-mobile)

Guest vinokirk
how often do you get dropouts? I haven't had any since I set the network mode to GSM only, that was 10~12 days ago...

Well i dont necessarliy keep it in 2G mode, but ill do it from now on. Yesterday i had 3g reception all day, everything was perfect (bearing in mind i first got my phone yesterday, turned it on wen i got home and didnt leave the house all day) but i wasnt getting all my texts or calls thru. But ill keep it in 2g mode from now on and report back.

Guest d1kk1e

I updated to 4399, it has udated aosdb.bin so that it now contains a whole list of settings for different network providers but it still will not allow apns with mnc != 01...