[ROOTED ROM] Official HTC WWE OTA 2.1 Update! *WORKING*

Guest 42turkeys

Guest 42turkeys

Official HTC WWE 2.1 OTA Update Rooted!

I will update things more on XDA so please check there

NOTE:

1. Now possible to 'downgrade' 'Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.5 RUU' - Just flash!

2. Confirmed that the Radio works for Orange users too!

3. The ROM does not include radio! (See below for download)

4. WWE = All Languages

5. Please remember to WIPE EVERYTHING + NANDROID!

Thanks to hours spent last night, we have finally made a working rooted ROM based on the official 2.1 update!

Downloads:

Currently testing + uploading

VoiceSearch: http://www.ibotchat.co.uk/voicesearch.apk

Gallery 3D: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment...mp;d=1275684251

Information for Developers/Cookers ONLY

1. Version: 3.32.405.1 WWE Build (All Languages)

2. HTC FULL ROM Download

3. Busybox Dump by andrewb84uk

Instructions for flash

1. Download the ROM and Flash via Recovery mode.

3. Download the radio and Flash via Recovery mode. YOUR PHONE WILL REBOOT TWICE, DO NOT INTERRUPT IT!!

Files Removed:

1. Maps.apk | PDFViewer.apk | Quickoffice.apk | Stk.apk | Stk.odex | YouTube.apk

2. The above files were removed for the simple fact the ROM was too large to flash root.

3. If you require the files again please click the above download links when they become available. (Dload Maps off the Market)

4. 3D Gallery, Voice Search ect. See here

Credits

Credit goes to me for helping andrewb84uk, adding root & bricking some Heros with my dodgy update-script! :lol:

Credit goes to andrewb84uk for packing/dumping/flashing/testing/moral support + his ROM thread.

Donations

me - GBP / Euro / USD

andrewb84uk - GBP / Euro / USD

Languages: (Thanks to andrewb84uk)

English (Austria), English (Switzerland), English (Germany), English (Spain), English (France), English (United Kingdom), English (Greece). English (Italy, English (Netherlands), English (Russia), English (Norway), English (Denmark), English (Sweden), English (Czech Republic), English (Poland), English (Romania), English (Hungary), English (Slovakia), English (South Africa), English (Israel), English (Ireland), English (Latvia), English (Estonia), English (Lithuania), English (Luxembourg), English (Ekraine), Francais (Espagne), Francais (France), Francais (Royaume-Uni), Francais (Afrique du Sud), Francais (Italie), Francais (Luxembourg), Italano (Austria), Italiano (Svizzera), Italiano (Germania), Italiano (Spagna), Italiano (Regno Unito), Italiano (Italia), Italiano (Israele), Espanol (Espana), Espanol (Reino Unido), Espanol (Israel), Nederlands (Nederland), Nederlands (Luxemburg), Deutsch (Osterreich), Deutsch (Schweiz), Deutsch (Deutschland), Deutsch (Spanien), Deutsch (Niederlande), Deutsch (Italien), Deutsch Deutsch (Luxemburg), Portugues, Norsk bokmal (Norge), Norsk bokmal (Sverige). Dansk (Norge), Dansk (Denmark), Dansk (Sverige), Svenska (Norge), Svenska (Sverige), Cestina (Ceska republika), Cestina (Polsko), Cestina (Rumunsko), Cestina (Madarsko), Cestina (Slovensko), Cestina (Lotyssko), Cestina (Estonsko), Cestina (Litva), Polski (Czechy), Polski (Rumunia), Polsko (Wegry), Polski (Slowacja), Polski (Lotwa), Polski (Estonia), Polski (Litwa), Suomi + more which I didn't understand to add in English.

Keyboard Languages: (Again thanks to andrewb84uk)

English, Espanol, Francais, Italiano, Netherlands, Norsk, Polski, Portugues, Svenska + more which I didn't understand to add in English.

Edited by 42turkeys

Guest Arasthel
Rooted version of the official HTC WWE 2.1 update.

I will not add A2SD

I will not add friendstream

I will not add live wallpaper support

I just want to keep this completley stock + root.

Download:

Uploading now...

If you want to say thanks + donate to my OpenRUU hosting fund please...

Donate - GBP

Donate - Euro

Donate - Dollars

Man, you're our Hero! :lol: I hardly can wait to customize it.

Guest ReginaPhlange
Needs mirror's, My first attempt to download stalled @ 98% and now file factory wont link to the file. (Could be my ISP)

Same here.

Guest Firasco

Thanks for your work!

What is the difference between this ROM and the 2.1 ROM by Paul?! Both are based on official release.. so should be the same, except Paul even tweaked the ROM..

Thanks!!

Guest Dreaming Sheep

Hmmm, any chance you could upload it somewhere else too.. It cancelled itself after 89MB and now fails to start downloading.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Unconn
Hmmm, any chance you could upload it somewhere else too.. It cancelled itself after 89MB and now fails to start downloading.

Thanks in advance.

I have been watching this over at XDA and there is a problem with a script in the ROM. I believe it is being fixed now and a new updated upload link will be coming.

I think he removed the file from the host instead of trying to remove the link on all the forums.

-Unconnected

Guest Richard K. Szabo

This is the official 2.1 whereas Paul's version is based on the leaked Taiwan ROM, containing bugs and various inconsistencies.

Thanks for your work!

What is the difference between this ROM and the 2.1 ROM by Paul?! Both are based on official release.. so should be the same, except Paul even tweaked the ROM..

Thanks!!

Guest Dr. dre
This is the official 2.1 whereas Paul's version is based on the leaked Taiwan ROM, containing bugs and various inconsistencies.

Dude the Taiwan based ROM is official HTC ROM, That's no leaked or unstable ROM, That's official ROM released in Taiwan.

Guest Andrew Lim
Wow... That's frightening considering the errors and annoyances we've managed to gather in the thread http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...en-android-2-1/

Actually, that's Paul's MCR version of the Taiwan ROM which includes a lot of changes. If you want the more stable version, but rooted too, use this one Paul posted initially. I'm using it and it's pretty stable.

Guest Richard K. Szabo

I don't have a problem with stability, but pathetic mistakes in the code and design.

Examples:

1) Display pictures of contacts are low-res if not cropped (selecting the entire picture for a contact generates a low-res thumb)

2) Dialer shows SIM-entires (yuk!) even if unchecked under Settings

3) Wifi would never find my hidden network (although out of a sudden two days ago it connects every time -- remote update anyone?)

4) Some button-labels are named incorrectly (I'm using English)

5) Bundled SMS-program does not always scroll down to bottom history, especially during reply

6) Boot-animation is still on ~500Kb (which is there by stupid design, I use one on ~800b)

This is one major SNAP if the European 2.1 isn't better.

PS: Yes, I did a full wipe and I'm not running apps on SD-card.

PS2:

European release: 3.32.405.1

Taiwan release: 3.31.751.1

Actually, that's Paul's MCR version of the Taiwan ROM which includes a lot of changes. If you want the more stable version, but rooted too, use this one Paul posted initially. I'm using it and it's pretty stable.
Edited by Richard K. Szabo

Guest Dr. dre
I don't have a problem with stability, but pathetic mistakes in the code and design.

Examples:

1) Display pictures of contacts are low-res if not cropped (selecting the entire picture for a contact generates a low-res thumb)

2) Dialer shows SIM-entires (yuk!) even if unchecked under Settings

3) Wifi would never find my hidden network (although out of a sudden two days ago it connects every time -- remote update anyone?)

4) Some button-labels are named incorrectly (I'm using English)

5) Bundled SMS-program does not always scroll down to bottom history, especially during reply

6) Boot-animation is still on ~500Kb (which is there by stupid design, I use one on ~800b)

This is one major SNAP if the European 2.1 isn't better.

PS: Yes, I did a full wipe and I'm not running apps on SD-card.

PS2:

European release: 3.32.405.1

Taiwan release: 3.31.751.1

Dude what I'm trying to tell you is that the Taiwan based ROM was official and the errors you are telling us would probably be this in this ROM as well, If not all but some of them would be there.

Guest Andrew Lim

Most of the issues you listed (1,2,5,6) exist in other HTC Android phones, so it's not a problem with the ROM itself.

Issue 4: Button labels are a translation problem I guess.

Guest Richard K. Szabo

I never experienced #1-5 on HTC Hero w/ Android 1.5.

Most of the issues you listed (1,2,5,6) exist in other HTC Android phones, so it's not a problem with the ROM itself.

Issue 4: Button labels are a translation problem I guess.